Replies

• samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I squatted 175 pounds today, many times :bigsmile:
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    4 weeks ago just walking up the driveway left me out of breath, heart hammering, dripping in sweat and needing to sit down. Today I did week 3 day 1 of c25k, which was a significant jump from week 2 and actually managed to run all of my run minutes! Oh and walked up the driveway yesterday, not even slightly puffed!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    My dad has been watching me lose and his doctor has been after him about his weight and blood sugar levels. This morning, he asked me a couple questions and I taught him how to use the food scale and got him on the elliptical for 20 minutes! :)

I never thought I had the power to influence anyone, let alone my father! :flowerforyou:

I love all of these responses, but Lilaclovebird's is my favorite so far!! My mom's health problems really motivate me to get healthy, and I wish I could influence her the way you've influenced your Dad. Good job!

My NSV is I finally pushed past the 2 mile mark on a run this morning, and feel great!

+1

Thanks to the OP for starting this topic; sometimes I get so busy I forget to pay attention to NSVs, and I think in a lot of ways they're much better than SVs.

I had four NSVs this week.

1) Swam laps for 40 minutes on Sunday -- when I got into the pool back in December, I couldn't even swim for 20 minutes.

2) I ran into the woman from membership services at the gym, and she asked how I was doing, and I said I really hadn't lost much of anything for the last few months, but I was OK with that, "not a race," etc., and she said, "You don't have that much to lose." And me standing there in leggings! She was probably just being nice, but she said it with a straight face ;-)

3) I started a new group training session this week at the gym (a weight loss challenge sort of thing, but I really do it just for motivation and to get to know some of the trainers at the gym), and they used the hand-held machine for figuring your BF%. I had readings of 36% and 38% in January, and this week it was 25%. Honestly, I'll happily trade the weight loss I "should" have had the past few months for a drop of 10+ percentage points in BF%.

4) The skirt I put on this morning seemed much looser than the last time I wore it (probably three or four weeks -- I've been working from home a lot recently and haven't had to wear my "office" clothes so much). When I took it off, I realized it was practically backwards, because the waistband is so loose it just slipped around. I really like that skirt, but I guess I'm going to have to retire it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Last night while watching a movie, I decided to spend the first half stepping on and off the Wii Fit board. But that's not the victory! When I was done, I sat down next to my hubby who's been telling me since I started working on my health and fitness in Februaury that he wants to do it with me, but hasn't even tried. With out a word he got right off the couch and did the same thing for the second half of the movie! I was thrilled and I hope his switch will click on just like it did for me:) I need him with me to enjoy our watching our girls grow up!

That's terrific!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!