FOODS YOU USED TO LOVE.......AND NOW ARE UGHHH ABOUT !?!

Options

Replies

• aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Back in the '90s, the apartment complex where I lived had free tortilla chips and free tomato salsa in their lobby/office every day. I got so tired of tomato salsa that I am STILL tired of it to this day (and not enamored of tortilla chips either). Hey, it was free!
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    From my last pregnancy, bananas. I used to love them, then when I was pregnant with daughter, they grossed me out and that hasn't changed for some reason (she just turned 1 too).

Other than that, fastfood. i aviod it because it makes me feel soooo crappy now.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Anything super-sweet. Cadbury Creme Eggs come to mind as something that is now just completely stomach-churning.

Yes! Cadbury eggs specifically. Also most types of cheap candy, like Hershey's, Kit Kat, Peeps, (ok, I never really liked Peeps even as a kid) jelly beans, and most fast food burgers, especially McDonald's . Still love their fries, though. Always will. :smile:
  • kate_summers
    kate_summers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    White bread - I find now I have to force myself to eat it , I used to love the smell but now hate it , just makes me feel so bloated!
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've ever changed my mind about any of the foods I love. Sure, I've added to the list over the years.

Now that I'm eating differently I DO notice I can smell the sweetness in certain things that I previously wouldn't have detected. But, it certainly isn't off-putting.

I'm curious. People who experience a change, do you think it's a purely physical change or partially psychological?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm so JEALOUS of all of you. I wish I could look at some of my former favorites and think "yuck" When I see a McDonald's steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel slathered with that fake butter stuff my brain starts screaming "GET IN MY BELLY NOW!" I haven't eaten pizza, pasta, doughnuts or bread in more than a year and a half and I still remember it very fondly.

Around 8 months ago I took a little tumble off the wagon for a few weeks and I ate Little Debbies, Doritos, snickers, reeces, honeybarbeque chicken wings, etc. YUM!!!! EVERY SINGLE THING I ATE was as delicious as ever though the wheat in the little debbies left me with side effects, it still TASTED DELICIOUS. I wish I could look at processed unhealthy food and think "yuck, I'd prefer a nice apple instead" but I don't.

I hear of people looking at a greasy double burger with fried onions and mushrooms, bacon and two kinds of cheese and mayo and thinking "eeeewww, look how greasy and disgusting that is, I can't believe I used to eat that" I look at it and think "oh, how I have missed you my dear old friend"
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to love squid or kalamari. I liked it breaded and deep fried. Now, the smell of deep fried squid makes me gag. I don't know what happened as I am only 2 months into my weight loss journey.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I don't know what happened. I just loved it, and now I even avoid movie theatres because they smell of popcorn and make me feel sick.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem.

I still love all the food!
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    McDonalds burgers taste like rubber to me now.
    I can't stand it! Bleh
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i still love all foods.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm so JEALOUS of all of you. I wish I could look at some of my former favorites and think "yuck" When I see a McDonald's steak egg and cheese breakfast bagel slathered with that fake butter stuff my brain starts screaming "GET IN MY BELLY NOW!" I haven't eaten pizza, pasta, doughnuts or bread in more than a year and a half and I still remember it very fondly.

Around 8 months ago I took a little tumble off the wagon for a few weeks and I ate Little Debbies, Doritos, snickers, reeces, honeybarbeque chicken wings, etc. YUM!!!! EVERY SINGLE THING I ATE was as delicious as ever though the wheat in the little debbies left me with side effects, it still TASTED DELICIOUS. I wish I could look at processed unhealthy food and think "yuck, I'd prefer a nice apple instead" but I don't.

I hear of people looking at a greasy double burger with fried onions and mushrooms, bacon and two kinds of cheese and mayo and thinking "eeeewww, look how greasy and disgusting that is, I can't believe I used to eat that" I look at it and think "oh, how I have missed you my dear old friend"

Except for the pregnancy induced aversion to foods, I can't understand it at all. Give me all your abandoned favourites! I will give them a home in mah belleh!
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sonic, anything deep fried (and part of me wishes I still liked fried chicken), milk chocolate (I prefer really dark 85% now), gummy bears

I wish this would happen with cake frosting
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    noodles/pasta
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem either. I've always hated certain things (McD's, Burger King.. vomit).. I've never been a big soda drinker.. I do like pasta, but I just don't order it.

The only things I am avoiding now are because I am pregnant. I LOVE sushi. Oh my god, this place in my area has the best salmon sushi in the entire world. It's even better than their fatty tuna. But nope, not for me until at least 8 more months. I am known for having food aversions during pregnancy.

Oh yeah, that's one.. Jimmy Johns.. I used to like Jimmy Johns until I was pregnant with my son.. I had a food aversion to that and have never eaten it since. Same thing with pulled pork. My husband had a pulled pork sandwich at a restaurant when I was pregnant and nauseated. We have never been back to that restaurant. Pregnancy messes you up. For real.
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pop. Decided to have one as a treat the other day since I had a bunch of cals leftover and I couldn't even drink it.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Sonic, anything deep fried (and part of me wishes I still liked fried chicken), milk chocolate (I prefer really dark 85% now), gummy bears

I wish this would happen with cake frosting

Ohhhh Fried chicken is omething I crave! yummm I still eat it though from time to time. Not like a whole chicken like I used to but maybe 1/2 a fried chicken :bigsmile:
  • marquel622
    marquel622 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    McDonalds, Burger King and KFC - I cannot eat it. Wish I felt that way about Taco Bell! I also can't eat anything but organic, free ranged chicken. Perdu or Tyson chicken tastes like rubber. Yuck! I've been cooking with ground turkey instead of ground beef for years and I prefer it, but I can't give up my cheeseburgers!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    No foods that i used to indulge in really turn me off now but i don't crave them anymore. I don't think about them like i used to.
  • marquel622
    marquel622 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will treat myself to a Pepsi once in a blue moon and it is so sugary and sweet and artificial tasting I usually have about 3 sips and I am done.