Do you have a quote or mantra that you say for motivation?

Options
I don't know why but I'm big on quotes and little says that help to motivate me.

I found this one this morning that I really like -

"Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat." ~Jill Johnson~

But I wanted to see what you do - what motivates you?

I look forward to hearing your favorite quote or saying that helps get you going or keep you going !!

Replies

• JulieTX86
    Options
    I watch the NO EXCUSES video on youtube pretty much daily. Its not a quote, but I really like it. Somone else posted it on here a few weeks ago, and after I saw it I have re-posted it pretty much daily though conversations like these. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA
  • neonshock
    neonshock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Make the right choices"
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My own quote that I put on the back of my t-shirts to promote my personal training business,

“Fitness isn’t a number on the scale, 6-pack abs, or running a 10-minute mile. Fitness is a state-of-mind, the inner peace you have when you are comfortable in your own body.”
    —-Tonya Davis-Miller
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I watch the NO EXCUSES video on youtube pretty much daily. Its not a quote, but I really like it. Somone else posted it on here a few weeks ago, and after I saw it I have re-posted it pretty much daily though conversations like these. :)

Love it !! I really don't have any excuses do I ?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
    Marianne Williamson

I read this once a day, and it touches all parts of my life, not just my weight loss journey. My other motivational mantras are in my sig. :flowerforyou:
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be ......a fox or box?
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "Why choose failure when success is an option?" Jillian Michaels... And when I'm running... in my head I repeat the quicker you run, the quicker you're done!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
    Marianne Williamson

I read this once a day, and it touches all parts of my life, not just my weight loss journey. My other motivational mantras are in my sig. :flowerforyou:

I really like that!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Just watched it now, soooooo good! Especially a the end if you've never seen it before or if you don't know the guy in the commercial (I didn't).
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My inspirationsl quote is the one in my signature, "Face your stuff, do't stuff your face!" I always find eating easier than facing what is bothering me. Dealing with problems is a lot easier in the long run than dealing with the consequences of avoidance!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "Dedication is remembering what you want" after reading that on someones profile...i got out of the bed i was sitting in crying feeling bad for myself and went to the gym.. powerful huh?
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    "This is it, fuck it, it is what it is."

It is important that you have all three components learned and in your heart. It is not enough just to say one. You can't just say, "This is it." You can't just say "Fuck it." You can't just say, "It is what it is."

Individually, they are fantastic.
    "This is it.": The ultimate sublime message to tell your brain to be present.
    "Fuck it.": The ultimate sublime message to tell your brain to let go of expectation.
    "It is what it is.": The ultimate sublime message to tell yourself that there's no troubling the past as to how you got here.

Together, they will propel you through any situation - the worst problem, the most magical moment.

"This is it, fuck it, it is what it is."
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    The best motivation came from my friend who was talking about his experiences with exercising. When he got home from work tired every day, he said to himself...

"I can be lazy or I can be fit...it's my choice."

After that conversation, I would come home from work tired and just wanting relax in front of the t.v., and I had ask myself "Do I want to be lazy or do I want to be fit?" And now I am no longer asking myself that question. I have chosen to be fit.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    'A fit mind starts with a fit body'
    I'm not sure who said that but it was on our gym walls, always manages to push me alittle more.
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the youtube video - it was so awesome I posted in on FB.
    When I dont feel like running I think of my cousins with cerebral palsy who despite being confined to wheelchairsstill get out there and play basketball , and I think of how lucky I am to have these legs that can carry me, so they should be maintained and used.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I really like the one in my signature "Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator." It reminds me to laugh at myself and enjoy exercising.

When I go for walks I imagine what it is going to look like when I finish an ironman triathlon with my family cheering me on at the finish line.
  • Timkerbelle
    Options
    Mine is in my signature :) I give up far too easily when faced with difficulties, and it helps keep me on track.
  • nmhawkins
    nmhawkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "A Moment on my lips is forever on my hips!"
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My favourite one:
    You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment. :sad:

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! :tongue:

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is. -Ellen Degeneres :laugh: