Do you have a quote or mantra that you say for motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My question always is: Will I regreted it? If I stay in bed, it's probably a yes. If I workout, it's a no for sure! I NEVER regret working out and sweating my a** off! :)
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I used to train a woman (who became a really good friend) and she would say "I'm a weak weak human being" over and over again. I worked for her, she lost 35 pounds and ran her first half marathon in 4 months.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    "You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."
    Author Unknown

You just gotta get out there and do it!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    ~Aristotle

Again & again & again!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you really want for what you want right now!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    "Why choose failure when success is an option?" Jillian Michaels

I love that!
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get you've always gotten."
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    " You can do it, you do have the time, and you are worth it" I even had Joy Bauer quote it! lol
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    ~~Happiness is a state of mind, We all can have it~~
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    The best way to make me do something is to tell me i'm not capable or that I do not have the will.
    Like when my mum told me I wasn't capable of being vegan. I was vegan for 5 years 'til I couldn't find tofu to sell around here anymore. :laugh:
    So every time I want to motivate myself I think about those nasty comments about my weight or that I couldn't run or that I'm not strong-willed enough.
    But when I'm walking or running and I think my legs are about to fall I just keep thinking "You can do it!". Over and over.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    "If you want things to be different, you have to do things differently." (Me)

"Just keep swimming." (Dory, from Finding Nemo)
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I'm loving the quotes that are being posted. thank you because they will truly help me to stay focused as everyday is a fight
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    don't live to eat..... EAT TO LIVE!!!!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    "Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard."

And

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "Holy *kitten* I am sore"

Give me a sense of accomplishment and keeps me going to the gym.
  • sapphire983
    Options
    Favorite Quotes:

"In our lives, we have two or three opportunities to be a hero, but almost every day, we have the opportunity not to be a coward." - Spanish proverb

“Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them — every day begin the task anew.”

"Here's a test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't." - Richard Bach
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the memory of a 110 year old so I gave up on trying to remember motivational quotes a long time ago, but nothing works better for me than simply repeating to myself "stop being a lazy turd".

What? It works! LOL :laugh:
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    "It's all about power of will."
    My grandma tells me that a lot. In fact, she just said that when I all but crawled to the kitchen.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    My motivatioal quote is in my signature.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: YES!!

" I am going to eat healthy and exercise more. If I lose some weight along the way, BONUS!!"

:heart: Jeannie
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump