This 5' girl is Legend:

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We just discovered this show about 2 weeks ago, everyone keeps telling me it has been around for quite a while! My 3 and 5 year old boys love it - but the best part was the look on their face when Kacy completed it and my 5 year old said, "Mom! Did you know that GIRLS can be Ninja Warriors too?"
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    phenomenal!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    she just went up the thermometer looking thing and finished so happy she pushed the buttons like a bunch of times...then her boyfriend climbed up to steal her thunder.

(OMG a woman would have never climbed up the rafters to congratulate her man, she'd just politely clap at the bottom.)

I really thought he was going to propose to her, and I was disappointed when he didn't.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    she just went up the thermometer looking thing and finished so happy she pushed the buttons like a bunch of times...then her boyfriend climbed up to steal her thunder.

(OMG a woman would have never climbed up the rafters to congratulate her man, she'd just politely clap at the bottom.)

I really thought he was going to propose to her, and I was disappointed when he didn't.

:laugh:

I'm glad they aren't that corny
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1". i want to be MightyMichelle! :happy: bring on the ninja course!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Haha I'm not a fan of public proposals, but after he DIDN'T propose, I was like hmm, why did he go up there?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    We just discovered this show about 2 weeks ago, everyone keeps telling me it has been around for quite a while! My 3 and 5 year old boys love it - but the best part was the look on their face when Kacy completed it and my 5 year old said, "Mom! Did you know that GIRLS can be Ninja Warriors too?"

:heart:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The video is apparently not available in my country. And the above comments are so intriguing. :sad:

try it here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152363901406144
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

That might have made more sense to me. I guess it just seemed like an odd thing to do.
    When I was in a beauty pageant my BF did not go on stage to congratulate me? Plays either. Maybe I don't understand this sport. OR sports. or something?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Haha I'm not a fan of public proposals, but after he DIDN'T propose, I was like hmm, why did he go up there?

^this.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

He didn't want her to fall and hurt herself! :laugh:
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love how great Kasy is--totally inspired me to begin body weight training to get strong and lean.

Ninja warriors dude bodies rock.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

(Full disclosure, I wondered. I was actively thinking, don't propose! don't propose!)

Because he couldn't wait to be excited with her! She just did something incredible that they'd been working toward together; it makes total sense that they'd share the moment!

I agree. I thought it was sweet.

Public proposals make me cringe. I know lots of people love them but it almost takes away the ability to say no. I mean, I guess you still could but I'd feel really pressured by that.

/introvert
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Video is blocked here too :p Can't go giving the great British public the wrong idea about health and fitness.

Anyway, if this is the American Ninja Warrior girl, she's hella cool.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Steal her thunder? He's her coach,boyfriend, and 3 time finalist with America Ninja Warrior, he has his own thunder.

Why wouldn't you want to share a moment that exciting with someone? He was probably just as excited as she was.

IDK? Maybe it's just me, but if I completed ALL THAT I'd want to have my moment all by myself. When I get back down we can do all the hugging but while I'm up there I just want it to be all about me. That was a LOT of effort on her part.

You sound like someone I could never get along with.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and she gives me hope that this shorty can do crazy ninja stuff too!! She is awesome!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I am 4'11 and she gives me hope that this shorty can do crazy ninja stuff too!! She is awesome!

of course you can do it! she actually made it look like an advantage!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options

(Full disclosure, I wondered. I was actively thinking, don't propose! don't propose!)

Because he couldn't wait to be excited with her! She just did something incredible that they'd been working toward together; it makes total sense that they'd share the moment!
    Agree here. This the FIRST FEMALE EVER, to complete ANY course on American Ninja Warrior and the FIRST to make it to the finals. She got her thunder...................just by beating all the dudes that couldn't do it. Right now she's the most popular female athlete on the web. Excitement for many people don't cause them to think, but just to react.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Steal her thunder? He's her coach,boyfriend, and 3 time finalist with America Ninja Warrior, he has his own thunder.

Why wouldn't you want to share a moment that exciting with someone? He was probably just as excited as she was.

IDK? Maybe it's just me, but if I completed ALL THAT I'd want to have my moment all by myself. When I get back down we can do all the hugging but while I'm up there I just want it to be all about me. That was a LOT of effort on her part.

You sound like someone I could never get along with.

maybe i needed to watch the entire season to have context but it seemed odd at the end is all. usually i'm really pro men and pro my man in particular but it struck me as odd.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Agree here. This the FIRST FEMALE EVER, to complete ANY course on American Ninja Warrior and the FIRST to make it to the finals. She got her thunder...................just by beating all the dudes that couldn't do it. Right now she's the most popular female athlete on the web. Excitement for many people don't cause them to think, but just to react.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

i was thinking about that later....like how he might have been overcome with just wanting to get near her. like a man instinct or something. IDK, thinking about boxing, and other single person sports...tryna remember if that's what people do?

This is all a tangent though.

seriously SHE ROCKED! that was the most awesome thing I've seen in a while. Hope my teeny observation doesn't cause a thread derail.

that is the TRUE POINT here i couldn't even resist postin AS I WATCHED it was so excitiing!