50+ lbs in just over 5 months

Options

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Post like yours are inspiring to all of us!! :flowerforyou:
  • ejohnson_ar
    ejohnson_ar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can fix your ticker:
    On your main page, click the scale like you're doing a weigh in. Down at the bottom of there is a link that says EDIT previous entries. Click that. At hte bottom of that page you can add a weigh in and date. Set the date to your starting date (or really any date prior to your first weigh in on MFP).

Huge high five on your progress!!!
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    50 in 5 is incredibe! And you are so smart to take charge of your health at such a young age. I waited until I was 54, and I'm finally doing it, but I wonder how my life would have been different if I'd started at 27. YOU GO!
  • harleymamma63
    harleymamma63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goood job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just AMAZING!! High Fives for taking control of your life & body!! 50 lbs in 5 months?!?! OMG!! It's obvisious you worked your butt off! Keep at it!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I will be at 50 pounds lost next week ( I hope) and its great to see others before and afters
  • bootygroove
    bootygroove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I totally admire you for sharing that. You help others by doing so. I just got started back for the 100th time. I've not failed because I have not quit. My doctors told me I am borderline diabetic also. My joints kill me when I shop too long, walk too long, sit too long..etc.. This year I started having problems with leg edema. I'm sick of this. I am finding what works for me, and I think normal clean eating without all the restrictions, and a workout plan that's fun for me, and gives me results.

Thanks for the upfront and honest post! I needed to hear that this morning.:drinker:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Congrats =)
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done a great job!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    great job !!!!!!
  • Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work, shows and you are looking fab!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Can you share what worked to make you so successful in such a short period of time.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great :drinker:
  • linnyG33
    linnyG33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WHAT WHAT!!! Amazing!! Congrats on your hard work and new outlook at life!
  • Mandasmim
    Mandasmim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You should feel very proud. All around success! Thanks for helping to keep the rest of us motivated. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look great..what a difference. thanks for the inspiration..
  • mindydunkelthornton
    Options
    I'm not one to comment on posts, or even post, but I just wanted to say way to go! This post really inspired me!
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! I can't wait until my arthritis pain fades with more weight loss. It's pretty much gonna be awesome.
  • bazarn
    bazarn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked My Topics in a while so I apologize for the delayed response...
    I guess eating (sort of) clean, and a plant-based diet, really helped me a lot. Plants fill me up and keep me satisfied, while the amount of calories I consume is pretty low. (I figure I probably consume like 300-400 calories when I eat a HUGE salad with low-calorie healthy dressing on it, and I'm not hungry for like 5-6 hours afterward.) And I work out pretty hard, when I get the time...which is probably only 4-5 days a week :( But I try to go for an hour or cardio either running (week 3 of Couch to 5K, wooo) or stair climber/elliptical at the gym (ideally an hour-though I often run out of time and can only do 1/2 hour), and 1/2 hour to 45 mins of lifting three days a week (and again, this is the ideal, not the reality). I have a really busy life, so I have to make exercise a priority or it doesn't happen heh. Fortunately, I love exercise and can no longer picture life without it.
    Let me know if that helps or if you want more information/what you would like to know.

And thanks everyone for the kind words :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!