50+ lbs in just over 5 months

bazarn
bazarn Posts: 80 Member
My profile picture documents the change pretty adequately. Also, I lost 6 lbs before joining MFP so my "ticker" is off by that much.

Some changes I've noticed:
1. I'm not in constant pain from carrying around my weight anymore. Arthritis? Gone.
2. I actually enjoy, and look forward to, working out. It really helps with my stress levels/anxiety/depression. No meds needed! Lol.
3. I was borderline prediabetic (at just 27 years of age no less...talk about a health scare!) when I started this journey, and now my blood sugar levels are normal. Can I get a what what?!?
4. I feel really good because I'm eating (mostly - I have my off days mind you) foods that give me nutrition like fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, etc.
5. It's weird to have all these new goals, like I wanna get strong through weightlifting, be able to run a 5k this October, etc.
6. Life is awesome!

I'm not really one for talking about myself but I know the posts in these threads have helped keep me going when times got tough...so I'd like to pass that on :)

Replies

• SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Good for you!
  • I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Congrats and thank you! Your success is inspiring!
  • bazarn
    Thank you :)
  • lsloper
    lsloper Posts: 17 Member
    My profile picture documents the change pretty adequately. Also, I lost 6 lbs before joining MFP so my "ticker" is off by that much.

Some changes I've noticed:
    1. I'm not in constant pain from carrying around my weight anymore. Arthritis? Gone.
    2. I actually enjoy, and look forward to, working out. It really helps with my stress levels/anxiety/depression. No meds needed! Lol.
    3. I was borderline prediabetic (at just 27 years of age no less...talk about a health scare!) when I started this journey, and now my blood sugar levels are normal. Can I get a what what?!?
    4. I feel really good because I'm eating (mostly - I have my off days mind you) foods that give me nutrition like fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, etc.
    5. It's weird to have all these new goals, like I wanna get strong through weightlifting, be able to run a 5k this October, etc.
    6. Life is awesome!

I'm not really one for talking about myself but I know the posts in these threads have helped keep me going when times got tough...so I'd like to pass that on :)

WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Great job!!!
  • FrankNittyII
    FrankNittyII Posts: 5 Member
    Good Job! I'm on that same path and I lost 70 lbs since Jan 2014. The funny thing about it is, I didn't change the stuff I ate and with little to no workouts. I look at tv and laugh at the fools that is spending tons of money when it cost you nothing. Once you know the basics and how to eat, you're not not hungry at all. My hat is off to you, congrats!
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    What! What!! WTG!!!
  • georgiagal1116
    georgiagal1116 Posts: 5 Member
    Love the inspiration...... Congrats and thx for sharing!
  • Sonshine1296
    Sonshine1296 Posts: 25 Member
    Way to go!! :)
  • bazarn
    To all - Thank you so much!

To FrankNitty - It's crazy how full I feel after eating like a 300-400 calorie meal that's all plants, lol. Like, if you're eating even 90% whole foods (and I'm definitely not that good but hope to be someday), it actually becomes difficult to overeat. And you feel much better! My husband actually got rid of his horrible constant allergies by eating like that. Crazy what a lifestyle change can do, I tell ya :)
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    AMAZING.... you look amazing. Celebrate your victory, girl. You've earned it! :flowerforyou:
  • bazarn
    Thank you Dee...and everyone else who commented! The positive vibes always help :)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Wonderful achievements! And really happy to hear how many health issues you've been able to resolve! :flowerforyou:
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Awesome job!! I was also classified pre-diabetic at 27 and have to see the doc but I am pretty sure I should be getting good news soon!!!!

Great job on your loss you look fantastic!
  • bazarn
    Yes, every day I think how grateful I am that I don't have to suffer and worry about my health anymore :) And looking better is of course a side benefit ;)
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    EXCELLENT!

2dv5wsm.gif
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Wow, that is great! I'll bet you are feeling so much better these days, with all the aches and pains gone and the other issues disappearing! Well done!
  • bazarn
    Sure am! And thank you :)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Congrats on the the 50in5! That's an awesome accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • Bobbs70
    Bobbs70 Posts: 4 Member
    What!! What!!! :drinker: What an accomplishment!
    Would you please share with us how you did it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!