TATTOOOOOOSSS

Options

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I got 3, all in college.

First was a little green gecko on my outer right ankle because my nickname is Lizard (for Liz).

Second is on my inner left ankle. It is in Japanese and says "Beatles" in purple, for the best band EVER! I wanted to get a yellow submarine but didn't think the yellow would look good on me and then I saw the Japenese writing on a Beatles poster from one of their concerts there.

Third is on my lower back. It is my biggest. In the middle is the Chinese symbol for the Ocean and it is surrounded by a circle of light blue waves with crests. I was a marine biology major and surfer so I wanted something that tied me to the ocean.

I would love to get another one when I hit my goal weight but I don't know where. I'm thinking on my back near a shoulder. I now work with fish so I really like the native Innuit of Alaska symbols for fish. I also love living in the mountains so a trout with mts would be cool. I also lived in Africa and it will always be a huge part of my life so I could do something with that. Too many choices!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Weird, I am actually leaning towards going to get a new one today.

I have the two you can see in my profile. My left shoulder is covered with a big thick tribal knot, and on my right is a celtic sun.

Today I am going to get a Chi-Rho/labarum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labarum) with Roman victory laurels around it with the phrase, 'By this sign, you shall conquer' written around it. I am thinking I am going to put it on my left pec over my heart.

I also am planning to get black angel wings tattooed over my back (I want to cover it all baby!) but that is long term. Hopefully by the end of the year though. My favorite artist left my area, so I am still kinda looking for someone who rocks as much as Chris did.

As for piercings, I had three at one time. Two in left left ear, one in my right. I was planning on further piercings but a career in law enforcement shut that down. :frown:

:noway: :noway: Wow, I don't even have ONE!! lol!!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I have one on my right hip and with the exception of about 4 people who have posted, it is older than y'all. :laugh: It's a blue bird of happiness, corny I know, but when you are 15 and it's the mid 70's it was exactly what I wanted.

I love tattoos and after working in a jail for many many years I became a connoisseur of the good, the bad, and the ugly ones.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ahhh right! piercings! i just have two in one ear, three in the other, and my nose!!

Alright Manda, innuendo day?! teehee :) dont get me started, i have training at being the queen of innuendo..LOL
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    ahhh right! piercings! i just have two in one ear, three in the other, and my nose!!

Alright Manda, innuendo day?! teehee :) dont get me started, i have training at being the queen of innuendo..LOL

It must be!! Guess I'm just feelin' frisky today :laugh:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how much does a small tatoo cost? I have no idea and I am thinking of getting a small snowflake. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

It must be!! Guess I'm just feelin' frisky today :laugh:

Ain't no shame in it!

i have been for the last few days..LOL... i guess its the moon or something :wink:
  • Manda86
    Options
    depends on who does it- a lot of shops have shop minimums.. the shop I worked at charged a 50 dollar set up fee, and then 100 dollars an hour... sometimes more depending on the intricacy of the piece...
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Just curious, how much does a small tatoo cost? I have no idea and I am thinking of getting a small snowflake. I think I'm having an early mid-life crisis!
    it definitely depends on where you go. Some places have like, a 50 dollar minimum no matter what you get, but some more home town places could be as cheap as 30. Some do per hour...you may just have to call and ask. Sometimes color and complexity affect cost.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    depends on who does it- a lot of shops have shop minimums.. the shop I worked at charged a 50 dollar set up fee, and then 100 dollars an hour... sometimes more depending on the intricacy of the piece...
    Jinx manda! id owe you a coke, but soda is bad for you! I owe you a nutrigrain!
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I've got one on my inner ankle; a cover up that turned out pretty nice. Its a lotus flower floating in asian style waves with wind in the background and a spirit trancending from the blossom. I chose the Lotus because they are a beautiful thing live and in mucky, swampy water. It reminds me to transend the BS that I experienced as a child. I want to get one one my other ankle but I'm waiting until I figure out exactly what I want... After having to cover up a lame tatoo (it was a butterfly), I really want to be sure that I know what I want.
  • Manda86
    Options
    Jinx manda! id owe you a coke, but soda is bad for you! I owe you a nutrigrain!

ha ha ha... love your dreads by the way
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    mine is small, about 2 in. diameter. it cost me 75$, that was their minimum price. They charged based on how long it took and where it was going on your body... They had a chart of body parts and everything lol. Red zones were most expensive, they were the lower back, private areas :blushing: , hipbone areas and feet.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've got 3, a phoenix on my back, the leo glyph on my hip and the word "goddess" written in elvish on my ankle. I've been wanting a pair of dragons down my back for ages but I just haven't found the right person to do it yet.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - guess I have to save my pennies! Everyone's tatoos sound so cool.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I've got 3, a phoenix on my back, the leo glyph on my hip and the word "goddess" written in elvish on my ankle. I've been wanting a pair of dragons down my back for ages but I just haven't found the right person to do it yet.

Awesome.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring!! :sad: :sad:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Some places don't charge very much, but you have to be careful. Correct me if I'm wrong, manda, but most of the places that have a minimum charge have it because they use all new equipment every time they do a tattoo. I'm a real freak about getting infections, etc. so I would make sure the place you get it is clean and using brand new right out of the package materials. Just my little two cents.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Thanks everyone - guess I have to save my pennies! Everyone's tatoos sound so cool.

Fair warning, they are addictive. Once you have one, you will want more. Trust me. :wink:
  • Manda86
    Options
    I have a nekkid fairy on my back (cliche, I know, it's a long story), a koi on my left forearm, a big rose on the back of my right forearm, a clover, a neotraditional horseshoe on my left foot with a banner reading "Lucky Me", and roses around it, an anatomically correct biomechanical heart on my right foot, the number 13 on my right forearm (lucky 13), and a Dia de los muertos skull on my right shoulder. have I left anything out? *thinking*