Progress pics... 88 pounds down and ?? more to go.

Options
msbanana
msbanana Posts: 793 Member
So, I promised I'd post pics or at least one of my bulging biceps...
This has been quite the adventure. I'm getting closer and closer to where I want to be. I would just like to tell everyone that this didn't happen overnight. The first picture was from 2 years ago... most of my weight has come off in the last 12 months (about 68 of the 88 pounds). I've gone slowly because I've had to reprogram my head along the way. I'm still reprograming- I'm used to people looking at me and quickly looking away. Not staring or smiling or both... It's actually kind of creepy. For everyone out there in MFP land who is having a hard go of it... If I can do this- so can you. Just be patient it will come. That said, I wanted to take some measurements and post those but none of the gym employees could "find" a tape measure and I don't have one. What I can tell you is my body has changed A LOT as you will see from the pictures. I took a great side shot today of my nearly flat tummy but for some reason it's the only one that won't come through in my email... Hopefully I post these right...

HALLOWEEN 2008 (I'm on the far right cleverly positioned next to the belly dancer for full fat effect)
halloween.jpg

SEPT 2009 (Saying good by to my friend Felix before he was stationed in Korea)
withfelix.jpg

THANKSGIVING 2009 (Yeah- that's a GIANT gobblet of wine...)
ummmwoah.jpg

TODAY 11/20/10 (at the GYM- my new home)
gym.jpg

TODAY (this happens when you go to said second home)
flexin.jpg

TODAY (That's right that shirt says Pure Tacoma Sugar... what?)
face.jpg

Replies

• msbanana
    Options
    crap. WTH. How do I fix that? Of any other more MFP savvy folk wanna have a stab at that?
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    So, I promised I'd post pics or at least one of my bulging biceps...
    This has been quite the adventure. I'm getting closer and closer to where I want to be. I would just like to tell everyone that this didn't happen overnight. The first picture was from 2 years ago... most of my weight has come off in the last 12 months (about 68 of the 88 pounds). I've gone slowly because I've had to reprogram my head along the way. I'm still reprograming- I'm used to people looking at me and quickly looking away. Not staring or smiling or both... It's actually kind of creepy. For everyone out there in MFP land who is having a hard go of it... If I can do this- so can you. Just be patient it will come. That said, I wanted to take some measurements and post those but none of the gym employees could "find" a tape measure and I don't have one. What I can tell you is my body has changed A LOT as you will see from the pictures. I took a great side shot today of my nearly flat tummy but for some reason it's the only one that won't come through in my email... Hopefully I post these right...

HALLOWEEN 2008 (I'm on the far right cleverly positioned next to the belly dancer for full fat effect)
    halloween.jpg

SEPT 2009 (Saying good by to my friend Felix before he was stationed in Korea)
    withfelix.jpg

THANKSGIVING 2009 (Yeah- that's a GIANT gobblet of wine...)
    ummmwoah.jpg

TODAY 11/20/10 (at the GYM- my new home)
    gym.jpg

TODAY (this happens when you go to said second home)
    flexin.jpg

TODAY (That's right that shirt says Pure Tacoma Sugar... what?)
    face.jpg

Amazing. You are beautiful!

Change the IMG to img to get the images to show.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Geez, girl, you look AWESOME! thanks for sharing-very inspiring:flowerforyou:
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    FYI you are SO beautiful!
  • jessimacar
    Options
    that is incredible. you just look happier in the photos! :)

how much better do you feel? it must be great for not only your self confidence, but your physical comfort as well!

you look incredible. congratulations!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    congratulations! you have so much to be proud of :)
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!! You look fabulous!!
  • msbanana
    Options
    Thanks! :bigsmile:

let's try this one (please ignore the clothes everywhere my dresser exploded)
    sideview.jpg
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you look great! Also you look MUCH younger :)
  • msbanana
    Options
    oh geeze that's dark... meh. you get the idea.
  • Julesaf
    Options
    You live in Tacoma? Ha! Me too. You look great!
  • msbanana
    Options
    You live in Tacoma? Ha! Me too. You look great!

I DO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Tacoma. It grows on you (sort of like a rash or a fungus) you even get used to the smell. Low Tide and Tagro just mean I'm home. :bigsmile:
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job! :)
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    GOOD LORD GIRL!!!!!!! YOU LOOK F-ING AMAZING!!!! I'm staying away from T-Town with those guns hanging around! Seriously girl, you have made unreal changes and I'm so happy for you and PROUD of you!
  • Helinah26
    Options
    woowwwwyyyy!! you look so awesome!!! :D congrats on the weight loss!!! :D
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Aw, hun, you look awesome! :D
    Congrats!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    marry me? lol jk but you look awesome haha
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    You are looking amazing, GREAT JOB!!! Your friend won't recognize you when he comes back.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Damn. Very nice :smile:
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    amazing job! you look great! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!