Before and after 77lbs, about 1/3 of the way there!

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
Some people here on MFP wonder about my heaviest, before picture. I've spoken pretty openly on what it is like to be my size, but haven't really made a point to show the "before" picture. Especially not in a side by side.

So on a lark today, I got it in my head to see what this would look like. When I was at my heaviest, estimate 495lbs (possibly more) I was invited to a Barrister's Ball. For this Ball, I had a dress custom made from my own design, as it would have been impossible to find a well-fitting dress for my 6'1" near 500lbs body. I wasn't ashamed, or even really conscious of how big I was at the time.

Since it was made at the heaviest weight I have ever been, I thought it would surely show my weight change, even though I still wear many of the same clothes. I will admit that I had no real concept of the change... Till I slipped it over my head without unzipping it, over a standard bra and no spanks. Still, no idea till I saw this side by side.

a12c43ea-3ef0-4216-9878-cc7f7344fc1d.png

Needs a little taking in eh?

I still have a long way to go but this really perked me up during an otherwise down-trodden few days when it came to my weight. I plan to keep this dress for that day I reach my goal... It's definitely going to be my piece of clothing to show how far I've come.

Oh, and this is how I have to hold it to keep me from stepping on it. It was made to be floor-length... HA!c52f2a00-38a3-4552-85c8-f1298486386c.jpg

Replies

• Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Congratulations.
    You should be proud of yourself.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are doing so well :flowerforyou:
  • ambergol
    ambergol Posts: 1
    Options
    Your awesome
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it feels good doesn't it :smile: xx
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Nice one! Congrats!
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss. Wish more success your way.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great!
    I'm the same. No clue if and what the loss really was, before I put the pictures side by side.
    I always say, I'm changeblind. But seems to be pretty common.

Really great work :flowerforyou:
  • Quasita
    Options
    Great!
    I'm the same. No clue if and what the loss really was, before I put the pictures side by side.
    I always say, I'm changeblind. But seems to be pretty common.

Really great work :flowerforyou:

It can be so hard to see it when you have a lot to lose, or just a little to lose... My biggest issue caused by the fact that I still wear so many of the same clothes! It's hard to know things are changing... But I've come to realize that when I was at my heaviest, I was squeezing into too small clothes. Not because I didn't know I was bigger, but because I had no choice, I couldn't afford custom clothes and I sure didn't want to wear mumus! I can at least admit they are more comfortable now ;)
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! Awesome transformation! You are making amazing progress and it shows!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    awesome work!
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I had a similar experience, after 2.5stone/35lbs (1/4 of the way to my goal) I couldn't see any difference, until I took photos - the naked/lingerie ones I still couldn't see a difference, but with the ones in a dress it was obvious - it's a dress that is too small (stretchy fabric so I can get it on), it's still a bit too small, but in photos you can really see a difference - theres a lot more room in it now and the hem is about 10cm/4in lower! I'm hoping at my halfway goal (5st/70lbs) it will fit properly and eventually it will be too big!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look AMAZING!!!
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    nice work! You are doing very well
    :smile:
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Kudos!! Keep up the hard work!
  • fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, job well done, like all those that have posted before me, Congratulations!
  • ane966
    ane966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you but I am so proud and happy for you- Keep it up, you got this!!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was 480 when I decided to get healthy. Its really hard work but so worth it. Hang in there! Its taken me about 6 years, I stalled our for about 2 years but didn't gain a lot back because I kept trying. Now I am 12 lbs from goal. Good luck, you can do this! You have done great so far!
  • Quasita
    Options
    I was 480 when I decided to get healthy. Its really hard work but so worth it. Hang in there! Its taken me about 6 years, I stalled our for about 2 years but didn't gain a lot back because I kept trying. Now I am 12 lbs from goal. Good luck, you can do this! You have done great so far!

That's awesome :) I have been at this for 2 years, and have had 3 abdominal surgeries, 2 near death situations, and each surgery resulted in 20-30lbs of regain from swelling and being unable to move. Lots of people have asked if these were for weight loss, and nope! Just being crazy sick. I sometimes wonder what I'd be like if I had kept off those pounds, would I be that far down now? Who knows. But it's surely not been an easy road. Thankfully I've not lost sight of trying with eating and being active through it all. Surgery has just slowed it down.
  • Quasita
    Options
    I don't even know you but I am so proud and happy for you- Keep it up, you got this!!!!

Thank you, that's quite sweet of you to say :)
  • Quasita
    Options
    Well done!

I had a similar experience, after 2.5stone/35lbs (1/4 of the way to my goal) I couldn't see any difference, until I took photos - the naked/lingerie ones I still couldn't see a difference, but with the ones in a dress it was obvious - it's a dress that is too small (stretchy fabric so I can get it on), it's still a bit too small, but in photos you can really see a difference - theres a lot more room in it now and the hem is about 10cm/4in lower! I'm hoping at my halfway goal (5st/70lbs) it will fit properly and eventually it will be too big!

Isn't it crazy sometimes? I have kept the biggest clothes I've had, and I have some clothes that (while outdated) are from my goal weight days so that I can really see it when I get closer. One step at a time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!