Caffeine Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm......going out to whip up a nice Costa Rican Tarrazu .....
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee. With that said I was going over board and needed to make changes. I now start my day with 2 black coffees and 8 oz of water. Then I am out the door on my power walk. I drink 20 of water when I return and another cup of coffee. For the rest of the day I make myself drink 20 oz of water before giving in and having another cup of coffee. I average 4-5 cups a day vs 10. This also helps me reach my water in take goals too.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    There are worse things to be dependent on. Cigarettes, drugs, sugar, so dont let it get to you. If its the caffeine that is worrying you try this. Get a good quality decaffeinated and mix it half and half. You will have a yummy half caff cup of goodness.
    I bet there are even ready made half caff brands out there.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    as someone who has quit smoking, yes, there are worse things to be addicted to than coffee.

the recommended amount of caffeine is 400 mg, which is about 4 cups of coffee (8 ounces).

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

too much coffee may be what is causing you to be not a morning person, as having more than 4 cups can cause insomnia, restlessness, and irritability.

i used to have about six to eight cups of coffee a day, and i've found now that i've cut down to be able to sleep better, and wake up and function better in the morning. i still need that first cup in the morning.