Egg Fast!! Who's in?

Options
Hey guys,

I've been doing a relatively low carb diet for almost 3 weeks. I lost 5 lbs in the first week, but have been stuck for about 2 weeks now. I've been reading about this egg fast and I'm pretty interested in trying it. I'm going to plan to do it for 3 days, starting Monday July 21st, and see how it goes from there. Here are the official rules:

1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein.
2. 1 tablespoon of butter used per egg consumed.
3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking. (This is when Im going to have my unsweetened soy milk latte instead)
4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours.
5. I will follow this schedule even if I’m not hungry, however I’ll only have 1 egg when that happens.
6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg.
7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily.
8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D. (this was his personal preference)
9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime
10. Diet soda will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less. (I may have one as a treat at night)

I am making a couple small adjustments for myself, I'm allowing myself one cup of unsweetened soy milk each morning for my latte. The soy milk I have has only 3 net carbs (or less if I mix it with half unsweetened almond milk). I think that should be ok, and it will help me stick with the diet because I can't survive without my morning lattes :S. I'm also including avocado because It's high fat and low carb and delicious...and it resembles an egg...seems like it's meant to be :) haha. Avocados are also low in protein, so they're pretty perfect. I am going to keep it as low carb as possible, while staying high in fat and with moderate protein.

I would love to find other people who want to join me in this challenge. We can post progress and keep each other motivated.

Like I said, I'm starting this Monday, so that gives a little time to go out and buy some eggs, cheese, butter, whatever.

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just googled, i've had a stroke, so i'm not sure I could follow that diet. I love eggs and do eat a fair few. I'll stick with a calorie deficit, it seems to be working, albeit slowly. Good luck with your diet xx
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    whatchamacallit_howtopeelhbe.jpg

Sounds like a terrible idea I'm afraid, diets do not work. It actually sounds like something my 80year old grandma would be into, I remember her telling me about a hotdog diet once.

Don't. Please.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I'm on the Seafood Diet.......not bad
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    Is that the famous seafood diet- sea food and eat it? :wink: :laugh: :tongue:

Sorry OP, I like eggs from time to time - but no way I want to eat half dozen every day, let alone follow all the other silly rules.
  • stellasaur
    stellasaur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eggstraordinary diet. You'll be a shell of your former self in no time.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    I prefer the banana diet - very a peel ing.:tongue:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    No thanks :noway:
    Sounds eggs_cruciating :blushing:
  • stellasaur
    stellasaur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've cracked the weight loss puzzle, OP. Nothing can beat you now!
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That diet seems like a bad idea :-\ lots of cholesterol, and where's the fiber? Vitamin C? etc. and to top it all off the diet soda too...

I think the general way people feel on MFP is that you shouldn't do any diet you can't sustain forever. You will be WAY better off if you learn how to eat normal food, with correct parameters and portion sizes. I'm not saying you can't lose weight on this diet, any diet that gives you a calorie deficit will cause that. However, it is not a long-term solution for keeping off weight.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Crashing on low carb and super setting with another crash mambo jambo "diet" - curious to see what happens the day you go out and have a "normal meal".
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lol is all there is to do with this diet
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Please be careful...this doesn't sound healthy AT ALL!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    NO.

Barring a health condition (PCOS, Diabetes, Hashimoto's, etc), the only thing you need for weight loss is to consume fewer calories than you burn. Why not eat ALL the foods, just in smaller amounts?

Also, how are you going to maintain the loss after? Unless it's something you're going to do for the rest of your life, you're just going to go back to your old ways and gain it all back.
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think this is a good idea? No, just no.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So 3 weeks in you lost 5 lbs in that time, you think you're already stuck so going to try a very stupid fad diet filled with lots of diet myths.

Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, log your food, stop restricting and definitely eat more than just eggs.
    You don't have to eat 30 minutes after waking
    You don't have to eat anything let alone eggs every 3 - 5 hours .. Eat normal meals at your reasonable deficit
    You don't have to stop eating 3 hours before bedtime... but if all I was eating was eggs I wouldn't last on this diet until bedtime so guess that wouldn't be an issue.

Here's some information that might help Have some patience and stop the stupid unsafe diets!

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a chocolate diet. Who's in?!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Me, me, me!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Me, me, me!

Me too!!!!
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are only allowed to eat chocolate for 3 days.... you will lose 20lb guaranteed! :laugh: