Egg Fast!! Who's in?

Options

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    You are only allowed to eat chocolate for 3 days.... you will lose 20lb guaranteed! :laugh:

I have started a variation of your diet - bacon and chocolate, alternate every 3 hours (but 20 minutes is also fine) chocolate and bacon. You can do it for 3 days (but 15 is fine too!)!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'm going to start a chocolate diet. Who's in?!
    :love:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    You are only allowed to eat chocolate for 3 days.... you will lose 20lb guaranteed! :laugh:
    I only want to lose 14lb. Can I do it for 2 days and get results? :bigsmile:
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It must be 3 days otherwise the sugar does not have enough time to clog up your arteries...and then you will still be able to release fat through them. :laugh:
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Come back here in a week and tell how it went, you will have given up by then.
  • stellasaur
    stellasaur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this diet a try! I'll be taking my eggs in the form of pavlova though.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the "You'll never poop again diet" Seriously, If I ate that I'd be backed up for a month.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've been doing a relatively low carb diet for almost 3 weeks. I lost 5 lbs in the first week, but have been stuck for about 2 weeks now. I've been reading about this egg fast and I'm pretty interested in trying it. I'm going to plan to do it for 3 days, starting Monday July 21st, and see how it goes from there. Here are the official rules:

1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein.
    2. 1 tablespoon of butter used per egg consumed.
    3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking. (This is when Im going to have my unsweetened soy milk latte instead)
    4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours.
    5. I will follow this schedule even if I’m not hungry, however I’ll only have 1 egg when that happens.
    6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg.
    7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily.
    8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D. (this was his personal preference)
    9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime
    10. Diet soda will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less. (I may have one as a treat at night)

I am making a couple small adjustments for myself, I'm allowing myself one cup of unsweetened soy milk each morning for my latte. The soy milk I have has only 3 net carbs (or less if I mix it with half unsweetened almond milk). I think that should be ok, and it will help me stick with the diet because I can't survive without my morning lattes :S. I'm also including avocado because It's high fat and low carb and delicious...and it resembles an egg...seems like it's meant to be :) haha. Avocados are also low in protein, so they're pretty perfect. I am going to keep it as low carb as possible, while staying high in fat and with moderate protein.

I would love to find other people who want to join me in this challenge. We can post progress and keep each other motivated.

Like I said, I'm starting this Monday, so that gives a little time to go out and buy some eggs, cheese, butter, whatever.
    Do you have a good stock of laxatives? I see some serious constipation in your future,

You do realise this is plain silly?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not me-- I am a vegan. But what is the maximum number of eggs per day? It looks like a diet to rapidly gain weight-- is that what you are aiming for?
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

As long as it's only chocolate eggs I'm in....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Cadbury cream eggs. My eyes just glazed over and I started drooling.

OP, this is not a balanced or sustainable plan. Please reconsider. Based on the responses in this thread, I would guess that if you are still going to go ahead with it, it will be a solo flight. Read through the links that have been given and be kind to your body.
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

OP, this is not a balanced or sustainable plan. Please reconsider. Based on the responses in this thread, I would guess that if you are still going to go ahead with it, it will be a solo flight. Read through the links that have been given and be kind to your body.

LETS START THE CADBURY EGG DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

In for the Cadbury creme egg diet.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    whatchamacallit_howtopeelhbe.jpg

Sounds like a terrible idea I'm afraid, diets do not work. It actually sounds like something my 80year old grandma would be into, I remember her telling me about a hotdog diet once.

Don't. Please.

+1
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: +1:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Way ahead of you ladies!
    I've already been issued a patent on this diet, in order to participate you MUST send me a package of those tasty eggs...
    There's always a price to pay for the good stuff!!! LoL