anyone else tired of "person above you" threads.

Options

Replies

• agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever said "not" in the "hot or not" thread?
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Well, I'm not tired of them because I never looked more than once, which confirmed my suspicion that they are a vapid waste of time. But hey, who am I to judge if interwebz strangers are enjoying them? Carry on.
  • liftmeup1
    liftmeup1 Posts: 373
    Options
    We are all somebody else's stranger.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yes, well I for one want the person to be below me.
  • amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options

hahahaha I had no idea there was a "hot or not" thread. This thread has seriously made my day.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    often threads that are actually interesting get deleted. This is what you are left with that is seen to be "ok'
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options

exactly.
  • kissmeplease305
    Options
    yeah to all the men :laugh:
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How about the person above me can't get a date and is sitting on here because there affraid of the real world.

And before you ask what "I'm" doing here. My husband just died at 58 of Lung cancer and I'm sad and depressed. I thought I'd try to concentrate on my health but it appears that in the almost 2 years I've been gone this site has turned into a dating game instead of a fitness site. Isn't that what facebook or those dating sites are for. I'm just saying..:sad: :brokenheart: :cry: :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: :noway:
  • TreacherousGods
    Options
    Yeah, they are self-indulgent crap.
  • pds06
    Options
    Yeah, they are self-indulgent crap.
    Thank you.. I really feel the whole " Look at me, look at me, no look at me,I think I'm so sexy pay attention to meeeeee" thing is played out. I want to scream this is not a dating site! Get a room for Gods sake.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I really feel the whole " Look at me, look at me, no look at me,I think I'm so sexy pay attention to meeeeee" thing is played out. I want to scream this is not a dating site! Get a room for Gods sake.

Do you really think anyone here really thinks they're gonna get a date on this site? We're farting around and having fun. Adults can throw a little innocent flirting around and realize it doesn't mean anything, except for laughs.

I enjoy the word games and what not just as much. I'd certainly be interested in discussing more substantial topics too.

Begin one.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get flamed but I just thought those threads are for fun and games...since it's under the fun and games section. Plus I guarantee you that more than half of the people on this website are not losing weight just to get healthy...they want to look good too. I see no harm in getting that validation that they have accomplished their goal of looking good.
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Given the hundreds of responses that those threads get, I'd say they aren't getting tired of them.

This is a site where many people come to lose weight. I think that many of these people probably have low self-esteem, especially since the Western world is obsessed with being slender.

So they go online and find others like them, and behind the anonymous computer screen they can feel good about themselves. Maybe it's something that doesn't happen when they are face-to-face with others.

It gets obnoxious, but I say if you don't like it make your own thread. Or stay out of those threads.
  • pds06
    Options
    Given the hundreds of responses that those threads get, I'd say they aren't getting tired of them.

This is a site where many people come to lose weight. I think that many of these people probably have low self-esteem, especially since the Western world is obsessed with being slender.

So they go online and find others like them, and behind the anonymous computer screen they can feel good about themselves. Maybe it's something that doesn't happen when they are face-to-face with others.

It gets obnoxious, but I say if you don't like it make your own thread. Or stay out of those threads.
    Think I just did. Again why noy go to a dating site?
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options

Do you really think anyone here really thinks they're gonna get a date on this site? We're farting around and having fun. Adults can throw a little innocent flirting around and realize it doesn't mean anything, except for laughs.

I enjoy the word games and what not just as much. I'd certainly be interested in discussing more substantial topics too.

Begin one.

I agree....we're all adults (or we're supposed to be) and having fun - if you don't like the threads - then don't go to them. I love intense topics as much as the fun ones. The topic of children overeating and the one on how to defend against sexual assault were great - and a great exchange of information.

Have a great day!
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Think I just did. Again why not go to a dating site?

Why should they have to? I don't think anyone is seriously trying to get a date anyway. Just harmless flirting; this is the fun section. Getting compliments IS fun, even if it's not all that serious. Also, I mean make a real thread, not just one complaining about the other ones.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Think I just did. Again why noy go to a dating site?
    I know right?!?
    You should just unsubscribe and get your membership refunded, serves em' right.
    Oh, wait....
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    Its just a bunch of annoying n horny people who need attention on line cause they cant get it in real life.