anyone else tired of "person above you" threads.

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    People do realise there are other ways to peruse the forums than by using the recent posts tab?

If using that method annoys you, just come to main page of forums and click only in the sections that have relevant material (relevant to you, that is)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I guess I just don't understand this thread. Why do any of you care how other people spend their time on the forums? You're obviously looking at these posts a lot if you're sick of them. What's that say ?

Ummm... no, try again. I've never looked at the threads. I don't have to go look at them when the titles for them fill up over half of the 'Recent Posts' section. It would be nice if the 'Recent Posts' section didn't include anything from the 'Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games' section.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Very tired of them, and although I do ignore them, they are always on the recent posts and I'd rather see the recents filled with relevant things and fitness related stuff.

Bingo
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    Well, don't go to recent posts then - just go directly to main page of forum and only go in sections you like.
    Too easy.

Because really - There's no way mods are going to remove popular threads from showing up in new posts just because you don't want to see them and there is no way other people are going to stop posting in them just because you don't like them.
  • kissmeplease305
    Options
    pass
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    They're not going to go away.

Ignore them and get back to work.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    0/10

Would not read again.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Yes because I can never keep up and end up commenting on the wrong person :(
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    How about the person above me can't get a date and is sitting on here because there affraid of the real world.

And before you ask what "I'm" doing here. My husband just died at 58 of Lung cancer and I'm sad and depressed. I thought I'd try to concentrate on my health but it appears that in the almost 2 years I've been gone this site has turned into a dating game instead of a fitness site. Isn't that what facebook or those dating sites are for. I'm just saying..:sad: :brokenheart: :cry: :angry: :mad: :explode: :grumble: :noway:

pds06, I'm sorry for the loss of your spouse. I hope you are surrounded by loved ones and wonderful memories.

I just read through all the comments and not one person has offered condolences to you. So much for offering support to one another.

I agree with @Wynterbourne that I wish the "Recent Posts" didn't include the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games section.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games = Real lyfe.

But ... real life is so bloody overrated.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    These threads are 10x more self-indulgent and starving for attention than the rate me threads.

I don't care for them either. So I do this crazy, rare thing where I ignore them. I know I know, but hear me out.

There's a lot of stuff on the internet. A whole lot. I don't imagine it's all for my enjoyment. I think that some people, with different likes than me, probably enjoy things different from what I enjoy.

Looking down on them for that I equate to a fish thinking he's better than a bird, because a bird can't swim.

If your biggest gripe of the day is that there are internet threads on a calorie counting forum that aren't relevant to your own personal interests well congratulations. You officially lead the most charmed life of anyone in history. And finding a way to still complain is truly remarkable.

TL, DR version - Don't complain because you don't like everything on the internet. Also stop complaining that things are too long for you to read.

As usual...you win! Brett, you are becoming the voice of reason! Stop that!!! :wink:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Nah, I save my disdain for the butthurt threads.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    seven
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlackBetttie
    BlackBetttie Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tired of people posting threads to bi tch about other people in other threads? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dang people just enjoy the fun times here, avoid the drama and just do you!!! Typically a happier environment for all those involved that way...

End rant.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tired of people posting threads to bi tch about other people in other threads? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dang people just enjoy the fun times here, avoid the drama and just do you!!! Typically a happier environment for all those involved that way...

End rant.

^^^^^^^^ this by 10000000000x level 9999
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    The person above me has the right idea.
    Edited: Dang someone sneaked into the middle again... :)