Female weakling wants to build strength. Advice?

Options
13»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For the future - You Are Your Own Gym has a nice app, too.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh, and how do I log this? I have never logged any strength exercise... There is a circuit training and a body weight training in the data base but both put the calories at around 200 for 20 minutes. That seems way too high. Weight lifting on the other hand seems to low with only 80 cals.
    Help?

I use "Calisthenics" for my routine.
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh, and how do I log this? I have never logged any strength exercise... There is a circuit training and a body weight training in the data base but both put the calories at around 200 for 20 minutes. That seems way too high. Weight lifting on the other hand seems to low with only 80 cals.
    Help?

I use "Calisthenics" for my routine.

I never heard the term Calisthenics before. I'm learning so many new things here today. Wow. And thanks.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't have access to a barbell set yet, but will once I start grad school and can use the rec center. In for the tips!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit and go to a gym but a LOT of the workouts we do you could do at home on your own with little to no equipment. I've seen various crossfit gyms offer free community WODs (workout of the day), maybe check out your local area affiliates and see if any offer a free weekly or monthly WOD, it might give you ideas on what you can do at home and you can pick the coaches minds for more ideas.

Its really hard to build a home gym w/ limited space because to do a variety of lifts it takes a variety of weights plus weights are EXPENSIVE :( good luck!
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Download the Runtastic Pump-It Apps (sit-ups, squats, push-ups, and pull-ups) and use them anywhere, anytime, no matter how busy your life is. These Apps sync with MFP and they produce great results through body weight training. They're great and I always recommend them to everyone who asks. Available free for iOs, Android, and Windows Phone platforms.