Breaking up-give me my CD's back

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    He takes the lamp (it's from HIS uncle), you take the table since you purchased it. Equitable split.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    the lamp is his

find a different lamp
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1) His uncle gave it, he gets to keep it.
    2) Baby skin?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You seem like a real peach. His uncle gave it to the two of you, however, you'd never have the lamp if you weren't dating him so just give it back and be done with it. Sheesh.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love baby skin lamp shades. They cast such a lovely glow for ambiance.

Baby what? :huh:

Seriously: it's not about the friggin' lamp or table. Just let go! Holding on to the lamp will not save anything - it's immature. And it is HIS uncle. :flowerforyou:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    If you wouldn't have made such a big deal about such an otherwise petty *kitten* thing...he probably wouldn't have even wanted it, or remembered to take it!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bought oil + table = lamp ownership? Ok, let's run with this line of thought. I did all the repairs on my ex-wife’s car and paid for the parts/fluids. Can I hook that thing up and tow it home? Let's get even crazier... What if a man buys his Lady to big new ta-tas? When they break up, does he get to keep them or does he just get visitation on the weekends?

I'm joking (maybe), but either way you should let the lamp go. Seriously, you want to walk in the house and look at that thing every day?

P.S. If I actually was legally entitled to my ex's car... I'd roll that b*tch off a cliff and walk away laughing.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Did you really think anyone would say that because you bought oil for it it should be yours?? Seriously??

Whale oil isn't cheap.

Baby skin lamps use baby oil. The kind made from real babies, not that imitation crap from Johnson & Johnson.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    O.P. are you going to do what most of the MFP's pals are telling you?
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    *shaking my head at all the idiots*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it borders on family heirloom. You really should let him have the lamp.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    HIS Uncle gave it, he keeps it. I'm sure you can find something else for the table YOU can keep

and seriously....baby skin?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Post an "I Love Lamp" gif with you and Steve Carell together and you can keep it.

If not, let the BF have it.
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do you even want kids?
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Baby skin?
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It's his. you keep the table. How would you feel if your grandmother gave you both her *insert something sentimental to you* that he uses more (grandpa's watch, dining table, antique clock) and he tried to say that since he uses it more he gets to keep it? My guess is that you would say that since it was your family that gave it it's yours. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't have had the lamp in the first place. his uncle may have given it to both of you but I highly doubt that if it hadn't been for your ex he would have given it to you. Stop being petty. It's highly unattractive.

Its not unattractive...it is a beautiful lamp.......
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The lamp is his. Find something else to sit on your table.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Is there any level of trolling you people won't fall for?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Is there any level of trolling you people won't fall for?

You mean there's no such thing as a Cambodian baby skin lamp?