Marathon Time

Options
13»

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Is it jelly school enrollment day in this thread?

Vocabulary school.

Distaste toward braggadachio and fanfaronade != resentment toward success and achievement.

And a valuable lesson was not learned that day.
    tumblr_mxz1lrytQC1rlo1q2o1_500.gif
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hold up there man. If you start rocking out those sevens at a marathon then the eye candy starts gets fewer and more far between.

Dude, did you read my "corral theory" or something?

I did not but if your theory suggest that the 8:30-10 minute corrals are the best for sightseeing then I think you are on to something and should look for funding a study.

I've been saying this for a long time! I've run a couple HMs in the low-7's and it was a total sausage party. Then for the next two, I slowed it down to about an 8min/mi pace and it was like a whole new world. There were lots of cute girls, and they were talkative, smiling, and looked like they took a wrong turn at a sorority pillow fight. I pinched myself and even splashed water in my face at an aid station just to make sure I wasn't in some kind of dream. From now on, I register my approximate finishing times appropriately so I can get put in corral C.

Run a little faster guys... I was up finishing at 1:33.. I know it's hard to see me from way back at 1:36. But I'm hot & I was there!

Boom!!!!!

1:33? I was done touring the sponsor stations by that time. Knock 30 minutes off your time and you can be a pro. Just keep running faster. You can do it. :-)
  • ElliottTN
    Options
    ^^^ now I'm jelly
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    ^^^ now I'm jelly

I didn't say I ran it. I just walked around and looked at the sponsor stations.

The pros really can do this in an hour or just under though.
  • ElliottTN
    Options
    ^^^ now I'm jelly

I was about to ask for your autograph...
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ^^^ now I'm jelly

Not women ;)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I recently got into running. I never ran a marathon before but will run my first one in December. I have been training really hard for it.
    I hope to someday soon to be able to run in Boston. But I know you have to qualify for that and the times are really tough to be able to qualify for Boston. I am making a lot of progress over the last year. I am 42 years old. I calculated that I have to run a 7:35 pace. Right now I can run maybe a 8:30 pace for 10 miles. You think I can bring that down a whole minute by December?

A full marathon is a hell of a lot more than 10 miles and to ask if you will be able to knock one whole minute off per mile and continue for the full 26.2 miles at that pace, is asking too much IMO.

You are actually talking about running two and a half times the distance which is 250% EXTRA for a 12% reduction in time - that would be a phenomenal improvement and if you want to achieve that without injury............

Do not rush it and although it is very noble to attempt such a feat, you would be asking far too much in far too short a time.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Vocabulary school.

Distaste toward braggadachio and fanfaronade != resentment toward success and achievement.

With a dash of Schadenfreude.

Amazing what those words say about the source cultures....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Vocabulary school.

With a dash of Schadenfreude.

Amazing what those words say about the source cultures....

Or humans in general ;)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You may be able to do it under 4 hours.