Skinny/fit people

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if someone is skinny, fit, fat...whatever. I just don't like people. If I'm glaring, it's because I was dragged from my home and forced to be social. haha

I feel this on a very deep level
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Calling overweight people "fat" is harsh.

But....Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you. Right?

lol this has gotten ridiculous. Just because I don't want to be "skinny"? I agree with uglyandold. It doesn't matter if people call me fat because it's something I'm working on. I still think it's a harsh word though. It doesn't matter who it's coming from.

That's silly, it's not an opinion when it's against her.

It's harsh, but talking down on others isn't. Gotcha.

Where in my posts have I said it isn't harsh? People can take offense to it if they want. I can see where others are coming from and I respect their opinions but I honestly didn't mean it to offend anyone. And I also wasn't trying to make myself better than anyone.

But you did exactly that - you don't like being called fat don't call people with a different body type than you "little girl twig bodies" its just as harsh and mean as calling someone fat. If its not right for someone to do it to you, then its not right for you to do it to someone else. You are perfectly capable of saying "I love my body. I love my curves" without putting down someone else because they are not built the same way as you.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Dirty looks? Maybe they were just squinting because they had sun in their eyes. Unless someone said something to you directly, I wouldn't assume they hate you. Maybe the "resting b*tch face" is just their normal look.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    uh, awkward!!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

But....Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you. Right?

lol this has gotten ridiculous. Just because I don't want to be "skinny"? I agree with uglyandold. It doesn't matter if people call me fat because it's something I'm working on. I still think it's a harsh word though. It doesn't matter who it's coming from.

Where in my posts have I said it isn't harsh? People can take offense to it if they want. I can see where others are coming from and I respect their opinions but I honestly didn't mean it to offend anyone. And I also wasn't trying to make myself better than anyone.

You flat out said that you prefer a more womanly curvy body than a little girl twig body. SO yea, that makes it seem like you're saying you're more womanly than others.

Also, you can't say something is harsh, right after you said something that's probably worse. How is it harsh to call someone fat, when they're fat? That's like saying it's harsh to call me a guy because I'm a guy.

I said that's the kind of body I want and what I'm working towards. Right now I have a fat body and I'm oh so jealous of skinny people:laugh:
    I would rather have a womanly body with curves in all the right places rather than a little girl twig body.

Yea, no idea where anyone could get the idea that you're saying a curvy body is more "womanly" than a skinny body.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    What if I told you everyone knows you're trolling?

0/10 need better game.
    Options
    Not all "fat" people are jealous of skinny people. I personally never want to be skinny..I think it's unattractive. I would rather have a womanly body with curves in all the right places rather than a little girl twig body.

not all "skinny" people look like little girl twig bodies, for the record. But, I do agree that not all bigger people are jealous of smaller people. I have never once assumed people were jealous of me.
  • MissMariahLee
    MissMariahLee Posts: 55 Member
    Options

But you did exactly that - you don't like being called fat don't call people with a different body type than you "little girl twig bodies" its just as harsh and mean as calling someone fat. If its not right for someone to do it to you, then its not right for you to do it to someone else. You are perfectly capable of saying "I love my body. I love my curves" without putting down someone else because they are not built the same way as you.

That's true. But like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone but I can see I did and if I could delete my posts I would. Thank you for your respectful comment. It's much more preferable to the sarcasm everyone has come at me with.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Good:
    "I want to keep some boobs and booty and not get to a low body fat percentage. This is the look I prefer."

Bad:
    "I want to keep my curves and don't want to be a skinny twig girl."

This first is stating a preference in a way that doesn't insult those that do not fit your preference. The second insults women who are naturally thing and don't have much in the boobs and booty department.

Instead of getting defensive that someone has pointed this out to you, try to open your mind and learn. I myself had been guilty of "body shamming" before I really realized I was doing it. I now try to be better.
    Options
    Not all "fat" people are jealous of skinny people. I personally never want to be skinny..I think it's unattractive. I would rather have a womanly body with curves in all the right places rather than a little girl twig body.

"little girl twig body"

Hm. I wonder why people would EVER think that they're being judged because they're skinny.

Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you.

Learning to love yourself is not the same thing as talking down on others.

This whole post is talking down on others. Calling overweight people "fat" is harsh. There are much kinder words that could be used. What kind of person makes a post because "fat" people are staring at them because they're "skinny"? Someone that needs to get over themself. And me saying that I don't want a "little girl twig body" is my own opinion. Some people like that body type, but I don't. I was stating my opinion as a "fat" person since the poster was wondering why "fat" people are so jealous.

OP wasn't right, but neither were you. You were both body shaming.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

That's true. But like I said I didn't mean to offend anyone but I can see I did and if I could delete my posts I would. Thank you for your respectful comment. It's much more preferable to the sarcasm everyone has come at me with.

:) I'm all for loving curves! Loving all bodies! I think we don't realize what we say sometimes.
  • MissMariahLee
    MissMariahLee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good:
    "I want to keep some boobs and booty and get to a low body fat perentage. This is the look I prefer."

Bad:

This first is stating a preference in a way that doesn't insult those that do not fit your preference. The second insults women who are naturally thing and don't have much in the boobs and booty department.

Instead of getting defensive that someone has pointed this out to you, try to open your mind and learn. I myself had been guilty of "body shamming" before I really realized I was doing it. I now try to be better.

Oh trust me, I will learn from this.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    How about nobody giving anybody else disparaging looks or remarks due to their appearance?
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know when I was big I would stare at skinny people and wonder what they tasted like dipped in bbq sauce....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Good:
    "I want to keep some boobs and booty and not get to a low body fat percentage. This is the look I prefer."

Bad:

Oh trust me, I will learn from this.

Awesome. There you go. The world is a slightly better place thanks to the meanies at MFP. :wink:

Try not t feel bad. Lets move on.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    nope_GIF.gif
    Options
    I know when I was big I would stare at skinny people and wonder what they tasted like dipped in bbq sauce....

bahahaha!!
  • bronsted93
    bronsted93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me thinky OP is a tad bit full of herself. :laugh:

No one is looking at you! And if they are WORK. THAT. *kitten*. You obviously have something they want.

I, personally, am a fat/curvy girl and I have tons of thin friends and I am not jealous because we all have something to offer. They look better in a bathing suit and I look better in a dress! :laugh: The goal is to love yourself no matter what! And if you're feeling self conscious maybe it's time you change something (preferably that big ol' head because I repeat, ain't nobody lookin' at you!) :laugh:

GEEZ.
  • nteo90
    nteo90 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whale whale whale what do we have here?

A delusional fat person who thinks people with a lower bf can't have curves, oh gawd pls stahp.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options

"little girl twig body"

Hm. I wonder why people would EVER think that they're being judged because they're skinny.

Everyone gets judged no matter what weight you are so you might as well get used to it and learn to love yourself because then it won't matter what other people think of you.

This.

Yes...this
This discussion has been closed.