can I get a flat stomach through just a diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I just simply walked and ate a ton less and lost 15-20lbs. My stomach wasn't toned, but it was fairly flat, it probably would have been more so if all I ate wasn't candy, ice cream and rice though.

Be careful though, although I didn't realize it at the time I may have been borderline anorexic caused by the ideal that not eating would make me thin. Just reduce calories to a decent level and walk and you should lose some weight though.
  • natashabefit
    Options
    Ive tried lifting in the past but I dont enjoy nor like it at all. Are there any other ways
  • amandagorder
    amandagorder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ITS NOT HUMAN!!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ive tried lifting in the past but I dont enjoy nor like it at all. Are there any other ways

No. I'm sorry. There are not. Learn to love the weights.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Lots of things apply. Have you had kids? If so how many? How much did you lose? Lots?? I say keep exercising and give it a year. If it doesn't there is always lipo and tummy tucks. At my age - there will always be a little flab there - not going to spring for lipo or tuck. I earned my granny roll LOL:happy:
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options

If you don't enjoy something, don't do it. Forcing is never good. If you have extra body fat, lose it by eating at a deficit (very doable). Dieting alone will get you very close to what you're after (low end of BMI). However if what you're looking for is a toned, flat stomach like those sported by athletes, it's gonna take more than just diet. If you want to look like an athlete, you'll need to behave like an athlete.

"90% of your time is spent perfecting the last 10%"

Diet will get you 90% there, exercise/strength training will get you that last 10%.
  • natashabefit
    Options
    thanks