anyone does roleplay running?

Options
when I am very tired while running I sometimes think I am an international football player(like Cristiano Ronaldo) and it's just a routine run. This somehow motivates me and I no longer feel that fatigue and I easily complete my run:blushing:

sometimes I think I am a hollywood actor losing weight for movie role LOL

anyone does that?:indifferent:

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ha! nope, but Im sure gonna do it now!!!
    hmmmm, what should I be....

I'll be a an olympic gymnast in training, lol. got to get in cardio for the floor routine!
  • cecarry1
    cecarry1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Sounds like a brilliant idea. Running from zombies, post-apocalyptic monsters, etc. Or go Lord of the Rings and be Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas running to find Merry and Pippin. I was a footballer all the way through college, so pretending to be Ronaldo, etc. might bring up some traumatic memories of pre-season. Haha.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    wow, this is a great idea!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Haha what a great idea. Clever thinking OP!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you might like these palaeolithic workouts on my blog: https://cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/palaeolithic-workouts/ - roleplay the lives of your palaeolithic ancestors
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    on the rare occasion I do run - i totally do this
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    When I run, I pretend I am doing it for my health, to make me stronger...to allow me to race and beat people who think that they are stronger and faster and more competitive than me. Then, I realize that I am not pretending, and that makes it all the more enjoyable.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think thinking about something specific would be helpful. This sounds like fun and I'm going to try it later.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Now I'm just imagining running the lakes in full Cosplay...
  • Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just pretend I was caught watching my neighbor's wife undress and I'm running because her husband is chasing me with a shotgun....yeah...pretend..that's it.
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ha! This is hilarious. I'm going to try it the next time I run. LOL
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    When I run, I pretend I am doing it for my health, to make me stronger...to allow me to race and beat people who think that they are stronger and faster and more competitive than me. Then, I realize that I am not pretending, and that makes it all the more enjoyable.

:yawn:
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    Sometimes I role play that I run. :ohwell:
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What a fun idea! :smile:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I often pretend I have my own cooking show when I'm in the kitchen, and like Brett I like to pretend I'm actually Runner 5 when listening to the Zombies, Run app. When Sam Yao says, "Ok, Runner 5, I've got you on the security camera now" I usually look up and wave. Thank goodness it's 5am and no one can see me.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The Zombies, Run app is great for this sort of thing. Makes you a character in a very large story and keeps you updated as you run. A real fun way to make running better.

This is a little embarrassing, but when I'm running or doing an obstacle race and I'm really spent, just worn out and want to quit... I imagine feeling the strap of Captain America's shield in my hand. It always gives me a boost.

:embarassed: :glasses:

The "strap" of his "shield" in your hand, huh? Hmmmm....
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I'm riding the bike, sure I do. Especially when I've got a good pace going all sorts of things go through my head. Everything from being Lance Armstrong speeding by to Luke Skywalker cruising through Endor.

But then my mind quickly switches to one of those "What I think I look like/What I actually look like" memes and I come back to reality pretty quick.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    xl_ZombiesRun_FitnessApp_624.jpg

ETA: Damn, Brett beat me to it. *practices Googling faster*
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Never feel embarrassed....

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky! I don't have large stair cases around me so my imagination has to work in overtime ;)