anyone does roleplay running?

Options

Replies

• kiarafitjourney
    kiarafitjourney Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    haha this really sounds good, imagine myself running from zombies sure helps to run faster.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    But then my mind quickly switches to one of those "What I think I look like/What I actually look like" memes and I come back to reality pretty quick.

^ Happens every time!
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    The Zombies, Run app is great for this sort of thing. Makes you a character in a very large story and keeps you updated as you run. A real fun way to make running better.

This is a little embarrassing, but when I'm running or doing an obstacle race and I'm really spent, just worn out and want to quit... I imagine feeling the strap of Captain America's shield in my hand. It always gives me a boost.

:embarassed: :glasses:

The "strap" of his "shield" in your hand, huh? Hmmmm....

I was thinking the same Hmmmmmmm???
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I fantasize that my abs look like Kara Goucher's.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a brilliant idea. Running from zombies, post-apocalyptic monsters, etc. Or go Lord of the Rings and be Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas running to find Merry and Pippin. I was a footballer all the way through college, so pretending to be Ronaldo, etc. might bring up some traumatic memories of pre-season. Haha.

gimli-running.gif?w=520

I've been half-halfheartedly tracking my walking distance along Bilbo's journey to the Lonely Mountain.
    (I'm almost through "Day 84" http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Lonely_Mountain/lonely_mountain.html) Now, you have me considering tracking my runs against one of these timelines...
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    All the time... anything from chasing after horses and motor bikes (especially the ones from tron...) through to escaping hordes of screaming fans (They are allowed to catch me when I get home and take a shower).

Did I just type that out loud ???

I have one really odd one where I'm 'drawing energy' from surrounding objects. In a city I'll have blue or grey energy from cars and buildings. In the country I get green energy from the plants and trees. The cool bit is this - I imagine as the energy transfers to me the object I'm drawing from has to age and wither... cars rust, plants shrivel as if dried by the sun, buildings crumble... and I put the power into my running. Or sometimes throw a ball of energy at a passing zombie.

Before anyone worries about me these are fantasies, not hallucinations :)
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I do this while swimming. Sometimes I pretend a shark is chasing me (I've done this since I was 8, so for 40 years) or I pretend I'm a dolphin and it helps my motivation. Or I pretend I'm in the Olympics and sometimes I secretly race the person next to me (but only if I'm faster). I have also been known to talk to the cows and horses as I'm riding my bike. One day as I was saying hi to the horsey's outloud, I hear a ON YOUR LEFT barked out at me as 2 much better riders pass me. I bet they thought I was some crazy lady. I was laughing at myself for miles.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    LOL - I say "Moo" to the cows as I go past. (when I'm on my own)
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It's a brilliant idea...I think I will adopt it!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    LOL - I say "Moo" to the cows as I go past. (when I'm on my own)

LMAO, love it. Maybe I'll switch to neighs and moo's.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Used to do this in bac in the days of palyer cam on sky sports.
    Shared student ouse, so the treadmill was in the living room.
    I'd knock player cam on and when the player sprinted I'd sprint, walked I'd walk, jumped for a header I'd jump off and back on the tread again.
  • whalebeast
    whalebeast Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    when I am very tired while running I sometimes think I am an international football player(like Cristiano Ronaldo) and it's just a routine run. This somehow motivates me and I no longer feel that fatigue and I easily complete my run:blushing:

sometimes I think I am a hollywood actor losing weight for movie role LOL

anyone does that?:indifferent:

Totally gonna try this tomorrow! Brilliant!
  • tulipzz
    tulipzz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Gr8 idea OP !
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    A little when I do my Zombies, Run! app. :tongue:

Otherwise, I do have several movie/TV soundtrack songs in my running playlist - music from the Bourne movies, The Matrix, & things like that can help me kick it up a notch as I suddenly imagine myself in a movie scene. :bigsmile:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No but when I train for a certain race that is the first week in June I have a friendly competition going on with a friend of mine. During my runs I'll make up songs about how I'm going to beat him and talk smack about it and video tape myself doing that while I run. It's very motivating.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Run like someone's chasing me, ha and break down 6 miles, into 1 mile 6 times, that works.
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    I hate running, so sometimes I imagine that I'm a piece of pizza and there's a big, hungry dude chasing me. Does that work? :P
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i thought you were going to say you dress up as batman or something lol
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    The Zombies, Run app is great for this sort of thing. Makes you a character in a very large story and keeps you updated as you run. A real fun way to make running better.

This is a little embarrassing, but when I'm running or doing an obstacle race and I'm really spent, just worn out and want to quit... I imagine feeling the strap of Captain America's shield in my hand. It always gives me a boost.

:embarassed: :glasses:

The "strap" of his "shield" in your hand, huh? Hmmmm....

This. A run is not a run anymore unless I have "Zombies, Run!" in the background. I've come to associate "raise the gate" and covering fire = going out to exercise. :)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i do. i often think of them as quests. supply runs, discovering new areas of the maps, encountering new monsters,

yeah, i am playing skyrim right now.

eta; sometimes it feels like I'm wearing my heavy armor, somedays, my light armor. i love it when i get to wear my light armor.