Gaining lean muscles.

So i have started workingout hard with my Personal trainer. But i know the hardest work is to e able to put something in my mouth every 3 hour

I want to get my body like Taylor Lautner.

Is it right that i need to eat every 3 hours?

Carbs, Protein and fats in each meal and snacks?

But what kind of foods should i eat for snacking?

Like this

http://getthisripped.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/taylor-lautner-before-copy.jpg

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Ask Taylor Lautner
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Yes! Eating every three hours keeps your metabolism moving. My boyfriend eats every three hours and has awesome lean muscle mass. Ask your trainer what snacks he suggests for you. Whatever they are, you'll want at least a little protein with every snack. Meat, string cheese and Greek yogurt are great, as well as protein bars and shakes. Happy training!
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    man that taylor lautner gets my juices flowing
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Unless you have the genetics to look (a bit) like Taylor Lautner, I wouldn't count on it.

eat: The every three hours thing has been proven unnecessary. Take a look at leangains.com. As far as the rest of it is concerned - whatever works for you, specifically. You won't know until you experiment.
  • ken_m
    Yes! Eating every three hours keeps your metabolism moving. My boyfriend eats every three hours and has awesome lean muscle mass. Ask your trainer what snacks he suggests for you. Whatever they are, you'll want at least a little protein with every snack. Meat, string cheese and Greek yogurt are great, as well as protein bars and shakes. Happy training!

lmao did you just offer secondhand anecdotal evidence to your claim
  • arfuss
    arfuss Posts: 90 Member
    Unless you have the genetics to look (a bit) like Taylor Lautner, I wouldn't count on it.

eat: The every three hours thing has been proven unnecessary. Take a look at leangains.com. As far as the rest of it is concerned - whatever works for you, specifically. You won't know until you experiment.

I look like this

http://i58.tinypic.com/335e53a.jpg

But isent there something like. You have to eat carbs with protein, if not the body will turn the proteins into energy instead of using it to rebuild muscles?
  • Laurenloveswaffles

I look like this

But isent there something like. You have to eat carbs with protein, if not the body will turn the proteins into energy instead of using it to rebuild muscles?

Oh Lord.

The picture is of your face, which is not needed.

If you want to lose fat = calorie deficit
    If you want to gain muscle = calorie surplus

You can eat every three hours if you would like, or you can eat one giant meal a day. As long as you hit your calorie goal it will not matter.

You need carbs, fats, and proteins to function. How much of each is up to your personalized goals.
  • int0x21
    int0x21 Posts: 2
    There is alot of actual proof that eating every 3 houers dosnt do anything.
    The metabolic rate will even out over the day. Some studies even show that working out while fasted will decrease muscle loss from metabolism throughout the day.

The eating every 3 houers is old fashioned broscience and is lacking in any real studies that supports it.

That said i know quite a few where eating every 3 houers works excelent but thats becouse they have a hard time controling their apitite if they dont.
    Me i eat almost all my calories in one sitting and then a small snack 3 houers before bed so i dont sleep hungry.

And the part about protein beeing used as fuel.... well yes simple solution eat more protein :)
    leangains is a good start for information
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

Not that I've ever heard. The only thing about eating carbs and protein together that I can think of off the top of my head is that the protein helps regulate blood sugar / insulin levels.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

I look like this

Oh Lord.

The picture is of your face, which is not needed.

If you want to lose fat = calorie deficit
    If you want to gain muscle = calorie surplus

You can eat every three hours if you would like, or you can eat one giant meal a day. As long as you hit your calorie goal it will not matter.

You need carbs, fats, and proteins to function. How much of each is up to your personalized goals.

^ This

But I would add that Macros may play a roll in your gym performance and recovery so you can play around with those as long as you get your min fat and protein in.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    So i have started workingout hard with my Personal trainer. But i know the hardest work is to e able to put something in my mouth every 3 hour

Is it right that i need to eat every 3 hours? NO

Carbs, Protein and fats in each meal and snacks? NO

But what kind of foods should i eat for snacking?Tasty

Like this

taylor-lautner-before-copy.jpg

Lyle McDonald provides plenty of information here:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Taylor doesn't walk around looking like that today.
    taylor-lautner-goes-shirtless-for-run-the-tide-beach-scenes-32.jpg
  • arfuss
    arfuss Posts: 90 Member
    I am 172cm tall, 75kilos.

I calculated that i need 2850kcal a day to gain musclemass. Added about 300-400kcal ontop of my "daily need"

So

350g carbs
    150g protein
    65g fat

Does this seem allright?
  • Laurenloveswaffles

I calculated that i need 2850kcal a day to gain musclemass. Added about 300-400kcal ontop of my "daily need"

So

350g carbs
    150g protein
    65g fat

Does this seem allright?

Up the protein.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member

So

350g carbs
    150g protein
    65g fat

Does this seem allright?
    Dump 50 out of carbs and into protein IMO.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Wow Taylor needs to get his weight up- I think I'm bigger than him.

I never realized he was just all low body fat and no mass.

OP- lift.
    eat
    rest
    repeat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

So

350g carbs
    150g protein
    65g fat

Does this seem allright?

Up the protein.

150 in a surplus would be enough, I would suggest that fat and protein goals are minimums and carbs a max though. More protein and less carbs wouldn't hurt, just very little if any added benefit from adding more protein than that, but no harm in more either.
  • ken_m
    you're as likely to get reliable fitness advice from the MFP forums as you are to get a cheeseburger at the library
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Eating every three hours is not mandatory but it helps. It's difficult to get all the calories in 3 meals. so splitting it up over 6 or 7 is just easier.

I'm 6'2", 200 pounds. I need 3300 calories to maintain. I do this on 150 carbs, 250g of protein a day.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member

So

350g carbs
    150g protein
    65g fat

Does this seem allright?
    Dump 50 out of carbs and into protein IMO.

^^^ This.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member

Is it right that i need to eat every 3 hours?

Carbs, Protein and fats in each meal and snacks?

But what kind of foods should i eat for snacking?

Like this

taylor-lautner-before-copy.jpg

You do not have to eat every 3 hours. I consume all my calories in an 8 hour window. Usually about 2 meals, and 2 snacks

You need to make sure your macros are right for your goals, along with over all calories

Whatever foods that fit your macros and calories