What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options
My dinner plan got messed up tonight because I am at the car dealer taking care of some issues. I need to stop later and pick up dinner. I have about 1,000 calories so I don't have to stick with salad but feel guilty if I get anything else. Maybe a grilled chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A.

What do you usually order when you get fast food?

Replies

• sarahtsabo
    sarahtsabo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on kids' meals! Mcdonalds is a huge treat, but a cheeseburger happy meal with a diet pop or water is around 405 calories. And you'll be surprised that it's just the right amount to fill you up while making you feel like you had a treat without feeling guilty. :) Good luck!!
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Subway, salads, fajitas, tacos aren't that bad, whatever actually fits my goals for the rest of the day. You have a 1000 calories left so I would get what I wanted that fit my calories and macros!
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    depends on where I go (whataburger, Mcdonald's, Jack in the Crack, etc). I usually try to get something that I wouldn't make at home. Usually just your standard issue cheeseburger and fries. If it fits within your calories/macros, go for it!
  • theapphaniaa
    Options
    I like KFC Honey BBQ Chicken sandwich!
    And it only has 300 calories in it. (:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Chinese food or Pizza since they can be ordered online and delivered to my door. But if you have 1000 calories the skies are kind of the limit.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    get a couple of veggie pizza slices
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Taco Bueno party taco without cheese = 104 calories
    Taco Bueno cup of tortilla soup = 117 calories

This is where I get the most bang for my buck.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I always go for A & W.. Everything is fresh there. I get sweet potato fries and chicken burger. Drink water. Very low cal
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where I am going.

Jack in the Box - breakfast griller with ham no cheese.
    Carl's Jr. (Hardies??) - Chicken Salad
    Taco Bell - Combo burrito (no tortilla)
    Togo's (subway like sandwich shop) - BBQ chicken salad
    Subway - Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki salad
    Kentucky Fried Chicken (Popeyes/Churches) - Chicken... I get friend chicken :P
    A&W - haven't seen one that isn't also a KFC in a LONG time... used to get chicken strips
    Wendy's - Yeah, I don't eat there cause I don't like their food...
    Burger King - I don't eat there (personal moral reasons)
    McDondals - I don't eat there (personal moral reasons)

Can't think of any other fast food places atm.... not all are nationwide either. Good luck!
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    2 slices veggie pizza
    6" Subway Sammie loaded with extra veggies
    A bean burrito supreme from Tbell
  • MissMariahLee
    MissMariahLee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have recently become addicted to the lettuce wraps from Jimmy John's! I get the beach club one:smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    KFC grilled chicken white meat meal with green beans and corn is my favorite but my husband isn't a fan of KFC so I only get that when it's just me. The grilled sweet chili chicken wrap at McDonald's is another favorite. It's only 360 calories with 26g of protein and only 9g of fat. You can ask for them to leave off the creamy garlic sauce to cut some more calories and fat, too.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bowl - usually chicken with black beans and brown rice... even with sour cream and cheese, it clocks in at between 600 - 700 calories. If you have 1000 to play with, heck, treat yourself to some chips too! :smile:
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest something without a tortilla, they have a way higher calorie content than a bun does and it feels like it fills you way less, if I'm not super hungry I'll get the shredded chicken burrito and then eat out the filling. The whole thing is like 400 calories, but without the shell it's about 200.

McDonald's chicken nuggets are actually fairly low in calories. It's about 50 calories per nugget, plus you leave out buns. 10 piece is 470 calories. Their hamburgers aren't too bad either, they are only about 230 for 1 patty. Skip the fries if you get something big though like a Big Mac which has like 560 calories. A medium fry has 500+ calories.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I get a Mcdonalds Chicken Club NO MAYO. The chicken is super juicy so you dont need it. It comes on a wheat bun too. Its about 460 cals I think and delicious. If Im being EXTRA good I get no bacon and no cheese and no may on it 300 cals and I get a fruit parfait too. :) NO FRIES EVER. They have more salt/fa/tcalories then a damn burger.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bowl - usually chicken with black beans and brown rice... even with sour cream and cheese, it clocks in at between 600 - 700 calories. If you have 1000 to play with, heck, treat yourself to some chips too! :smile:

This is my go to fast food meal! It is delicious and filling!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I get a Mcdonalds Chicken Club NO MAYO. The chicken is super juicy so you dont need it. It comes on a wheat bun too. Its about 460 cals I think and delicious. If Im being EXTRA good I get no bacon and no cheese and no may on it 300 cals and I get a fruit parfait too. :) NO FRIES EVER. They have more salt/fa/tcalories then a damn burger.

....but, but the fries are McD's best asset.
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bol with white rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, chicken, corn, lettuce. 580 calories I think.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds
    hamburger- 250
    diet coke- 0
    fruit parfait with granola- 150
    side salad with low fat vinagarete dressing- 50
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chicken BLC and nuggets from Mcdonald's, with fries depending on how healthy I'm trying to be!