What's your 'go to' fast food meal?

Options

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Big Chain Fast Food:
    Taco Bell: Steak Quesadilla, Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Soft Taco x 2, Beef Gordita Supreme x 2, a large Baja Blast to drink and about 20-24 packets of hot and fire sauce.

Local Fast Food:
    General Tso Chicken dinner combo with pork fried rice, a spring roll, an order of crab rangoon, a few cans of Coca-Cola to drink, and about half a cup of duck sauce.

Boss.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If I just need something quick & easy to tide me over until I can eat something else...Wendy's 4 pc chicken nuggets for 99 cents is my go to.

If I need a small meal...Steak N' Shake double hamburger (no cheese) with lettuce, onion & mustard or Hardee's charbroiled cod sandwich (no sides at either place). Another option is Subway...usually an egg & cheese melt with spinach, lettuce, cucumber, onion & spicy mustard.

If I have a lot of calories to "spend" and for some reason want fast food...Burger King's original chicken sandwich -- and maybe do it without mayo and get a small vanilla cone, or a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle with lettuce, black beans, cilantro lime rice & sour cream. Another possibility would be a pizza or regular sandwich at Schlotzsky's (no sides).
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Double-meat Whataburger with double cheese, bacon, jalapenos.....No Bun!

Because the carbs make you fat!

FOr 1000 cals, I'd probably get one of my regulars which is typically a grilled chicken wrap or burger (from whatever place) and have an ice cream as well.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    FISH TACOS!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Amazed that I only noticed one other person mention Panera. I'm not much a fan of fastfood, but I usually go for Chipotle, Panera, or Subway (simply because I work there and it's free, hah). I like that I can know how many calories are in my food 'exactly'. It really freaks me out if I don't know for sure.

I live one BLOCK from Panera and it is not even on my radar! I guess because I'm not super into bagels and when it comes to all of their entrees - which sound/look yummy in their advertising - I feel like it's stuff I make at home all of the time, or would rather get from all of the great local places (non chains).

Price is a small issue too, with Panera. A few years ago I took a friend to lunch there and the total was almost $30 and I just felt like, wow...really...I could have taken my friend out for an elaborate & much better Thai meal for a lot less or the same price.

Panera does have awesome egg souffles though...might have to drop in sooner or later to have that again. The calories and price were relatively high but that sounds good. Glad you mentioned it since I drive or walk past Panera at least 4 times every day.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fast food. I couldn't stop eating it when I started counting calories so I found ways to fit it in. I try to keep it around 500 calories, but there are some higher calories splurges in there. My favorites are:

Wendys:
    6 piece nugget & value fry = 490 calories
    A grilled chicken sandwich meal [small fry & small diet soda] = 680 calories
    Apple Pecan chicken salad = 590 calories

McDonalds:
    6 piece nugget & a small fry = 510 calories

Jimmy Johns:
    Turkey Tom = 510 calories. Sometimes I add the Thinny chips, making it 640 calories.

Panda Express:
    Panda bowl with fried rice & broccoli beef = 590 calories

During the school year I also get this meal on campus from a place kind of like Chipotle or other build-your-own-burrito places [it's called Buenos], and I get two sides of rice, a side of chicken & a side of shredded cheese for like 550 calories. Plus it's SUPER inexpensive because all the sides are either $.25, $.50, or $1.

With 1,000 calories you could splurge on a frosty or shake or ice cream after dinner. Yum!

ETA: Pizza Hut. I LOOOOVE the garlic parmesan wings from there, but they're obnoxiously high calorie so I rarely get them. & today I got a large stuffed crust pepperoni pizza to munch on throughout the week. Like 310 or something calories per slice, you could have it with a salad or something to make it a meal.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Quarterpounder meal (and you'd have enough left for some nuggets) :happy:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    I had chick fil a tonight. 12 count grilled nuggets, small fry. Added a moderate sized romaine salad at home with a little light caesar dressing.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    McDonalds - chicken nugget kids meal with apple slices and a bottle of water, if I have been really good or worked out a lot that day I let myself have the french fries. If I'm really hungry I go for the mighty kids meal.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Panera salads are so legit. In fact, so are subway salads.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A Wendy's Triple has 1090 calories and 69 grams of protein. I'd go for that and go for a quick jog to kill the extra 90 calories.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Definitely Qdoba nachos. Not healthy. But so good.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee panera bread or subway. Saladworks too, if you consider it fast food

I basically live at Panera.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Kimbap and tteokbokki.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I actually really like McDonald's grilled chicken salads.
  • chaosrock
    chaosrock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get a burger as a lettuce wrap and a diet soda. No fries. Maybe a side salad if I'm hungry enough. It's usually around 800-1000 calories. Minimal carbs.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm in the mood for...

Chick-fil-a grilled chicken wrap with spicy dressing, a side salad with berry balsamic, diet Dr Pepper, and an ice dream cone.
    Subway - chopped chicken and spinach salad with extra meat
    Wendy's - whatever grilled chicken wrap I'm in the mood for and chili
    Panera - every salad I've ever had from there was great with a berry iced tea
    Taco Bell - breakfast steak crunch wrap with their cinnabon delights

I tend to steer clear of BK and McDonald's because having been a manager at both of these, I've found that it's way too common for them to serve old/past it's prime food. There are timers built into the holding racks that these places keep their meat in and most will only restart the timer when it goes off instead of making new/fresh food.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    subway breakfast flat bread. Hooked on them
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I guess Subway, although when it comes to fast food, I used to love getting the chalupa meal at Taco Bell with a chicken quesadilla and a crunchwrap. It's been about half a year since having Taco Bell though, so that's why I named Subway because that's the only fast food place I've really had food from in the past month or so.