What do you all do when your calories run out?

Options

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I eat about 1400-1600 calories a day
    Normally i am extremely stuffed. Why, because i eat a ton of protein!

If you are only eating 1400 a day, make sure the 1400 calories that you are eating are full of things that will keep you full!
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level? What did you set your goal weight for? You may wish to recalculate these numbers to something not so restrictive numerically. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Raise calorie limit to a more realistic goal.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Make sure the 1400 calories that you are eating are full of things that will keep you full!

1400-1600...tons of protein....like how much is "tons"? I honestly want to know...
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A trainer told me a few years ago that my protein intake should be equal to my weight which at the time was 180g spread out in 5 meals a day. My goal was to loss some weight but build lean muscle at the same time. I ended losing 12 pounds in 2 months with that diet plan.
  • leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would say for those times when the budget doesn't work out, I add a salad. I eat about 80 grams of protein a day which helps me feel satisfied. I also save my cals for dinner. A very typical dinner is an 8" multi grain thin pizza crust spread with buffalo sauce and chicken breast with a sprinkle of cheddar, broccoli with hummus, and some grapes. In addition, getting a banana in a very filling 100 calorie snack.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Make sure the 1400 calories that you are eating are full of things that will keep you full!

1400-1600...tons of protein....like how much is "tons"? I honestly want to know...
    That would be about 21 ounces if chicken breast.
  • amyescobey
    amyescobey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink some chicken or beef broth with your meals. It will help you feel more satisfied because of it's savory flavor. I dissolve a cube in hot water and drink with a small snack. I'm sure a low sodium variety would be best but I use the regular bullion cubes.
    Also, I find no adverse results if I happen to go over my limit by 100 calories and realistically I expect to. I try not to do it daily, but it does happen a few times a week. I have still been able to loose six pounds in 15 days. Don't worry too much and get frustrated, just do your best! The first step is being mindful about your food consumption, keeping track and practicing a new life style! Good Luck!!
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree with jkal! Planning ahead is very helpful. Try eating a number of small meals per day, rather than three large ones. Start the day with a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast. Drink water, tea, or coffee between meals. If you are still hungry in the evening, have a piece of fruit or some veggies, or a protein shake. Make sure you log everything.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I eat probably about 150-160g of protein a day. But all body's are different. A lot of people are right, you might need to up your calorie intake all together.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually just relax. If I want to go over, I throw in a tiny bit more of a work out if I can. However, I'm one of those lucky ones that usually gets full after eating only about 1300 calories a day, even with exercise, so I usually actually have to force myself to eat at least a bit more (since so many people on this site see to 'freak out' just a tad).

I like to buy lots of smaller, healthier snacking options too so that way I'm less likely to be stuck with this dilemma.
  • suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay between 1500-1600 per day (to start) and today made new goals of 50% protein, 30% carb and 20% fats. Today after I had lunch I had only 10g of carbs left for the rest of the day.... I am going to eat healthy for supper and tomorrow change up my breakfast so there are less carbs so i can use them in different meals. One day going over your calories (or in my case today, carbs) isn't going to throw your weighloss plan out the window. Make changes every day and figure out how to stay within your goals.
    Today after I logged my lunch and realized I had only 10g of carbs left for the day, I looked at my highest carb meal (which was breakfast) and found a different meal to eat for breakfast that was filling but low carb. Tomorrow I will try this new plan out and move forward from here. :)
    Good luck to you and take it one day at a time, that is all you can do.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I find that when I pre plan, I don't go over. But it's not an issue to me if I go over 100 calories. About once a month or so, I'll go completely over (like 500-1000 calories) and I don't let it get to me. But like everyone's said, preplanning helps a lot!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 8 months is just over 1/2 pound a week, so you should be able to eat over 1400 calories! You should check to make sure you have MFP configured correctly. There's no point in setting it to lose 2 pounds per week, starving for a month and then giving up.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't like to run over, but I understand the hunger. My cure for that, about mid day is 1 or 2 tablespoons of all natural Skippy smooth peanut butter with honey. You can buy it anywhere. For me, it stops the hunger pangs, and I end up eating less.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Try like the others have said to preplan. Maybe have more protein spaced out thru the day. Add more fiber rich foods as well. Eat lots of dense veggies like brocoli and cauliflower. Even oatmeal will keep you fuller longer. Hope this helps a little.
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat several times during the day
    Breakfast...Cereal and juice
    Lunch...beanie weenies
    Snack...veggie straws
    Snack candy bar
    Banana Sandwich with peanut butter

Probably not the healthiest meals but I'm hardly ever hungry.....
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, i always plan an evening snack so i no i wont go to bed hungry, it usually includes a big cup of tea to fill my belly up :smile:
  • rbnem
    rbnem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I track my food intake on MFP and if at the end of the day I am still hungry and don't have many calories left I exercise, be it riding my bike or walking the dog. It doesn't take much movement to earn a few more calories. Also, I don't sweat it if I am over one day out for 7ish days of being within my caloric daily goal.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Work out and earn a couple hundred more.