Sandwich Help!!

Options
I love mayo. Love it, love it, love it. Especially on sandwiches. I'd rather eat sand than a dry sandwich. I have really tried to use the lowfat mayo because the calories in regular mayo are ridiculous, but I just can't do it. I can't stand the taste. Does anyone have any good alternatives to use on sandwiches so they aren't dry??

Replies

• Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Do you like wasabi or horseradish? They are creamy with less fat/calories than mayo. Depends if you like hot things though.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese or hummus!!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am used to dry sandwiches because I don't like condiments. But, I will sometimes use some italian dressing or hot sauce on my sandwiches. I get vinegar at subway, which would do on a homemade sandwich. I could see how a laughing cow cheese wedge would be might tasty, maybe even in place of the cheese as well.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    avacado!!
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    The mayo dressiing is a good alternative..its lower in calories..but its still high in fat. The only way to get away from the FAT from mayo is to just slooooowly stop using it =) Best of luck to ya!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I use Miracle Whip. The regular kind still has less calories than regular mayo. I don't like the lite mayo, it has a weird sweet taste to it.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    avocado, pickle relish, mustard, hummus, juicy tomatoes are a few ideas to keep a sandwich "wet"
    :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

this!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have been using Greek Yogurt lately on wraps, and I don't know how well it would do on a sandwich, but I'm thinking it just might work. It's great mixed with mustard.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I use Miracle Whip. The regular kind still has less calories than regular mayo. I don't like the lite mayo, it has a weird sweet taste to it.

I cant stand mayo! yuck
  • dmfear
    dmfear Posts: 24
    Options
    Hummus! My favorite is roasted red pepper hummus... but they have many flavors
  • sapphire983
    Options
    I use 1/4 tbsp of Kraft mayo with olive oil reduced fat. I also put on 1/2 tbsp of sweet baby ray's signature dipping sauce and sandwich spread in between the pieces of meat. It's about 50 calories total of pure goodness! Perfect amount and the sandwich isn't dry tasting! You can't taste the mayo that much because it's such a small amount.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i like miracle whip or hummus for creamy, and i also like oil n vinegar
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Do you like wasabi or horseradish? They are creamy with less fat/calories than mayo. Depends if you like hot things though.

YUM!!!! I love horseradish!!!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    FF Ranch Dressing, FF Catalina Dressing or try the Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil...it is a healthier version of mayo.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    avacado!!

This is my fav thing! I can't even tell there's no mayo and its really creamy!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

this!

I agree- laughing cow is a great sub for both cheese and mayo. I love them both but don't miss them in my sandwich when I use laughing cow. The light swiss is only 30 calories :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Mustard is an option. I personally find Miracle Whip offensive and should be banned. ;)

But I'm also one of those that sees absolutely nothing wrong with mayo - it's eggs and olive or canola oil (depending on the brand you get). Not all fat is bad for you! I find it crazy how demonized it is.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    have you tried lite miracle whip? I also really enjoy spicy, deli mustard.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Can you use the real stuff and just cut way back on the amount you use to 1/2 or 1/4 serving?

If you're a mustard fan....it's zero across the label with the exception of sodium! :bigsmile: