Sandwich Help!!

Options

Replies

• kennethshaw
    Options
    I used to eat sandwiches with only mayonaisse. Now I've substituted Grey Poupon and love the flavor. I can't live without it now on my sandwiches.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Cheese is the best. They have different kinds also.....Great alternative I think.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I love to do wrap sandwiches, I use flour tortillas or flatbread and spread hummus on it with tomatoes, red bell pepper, basil, onion and turkey, it is yummy. On regular sandwiches I use avocado, tomatoes , honey mustard and sometimes hummus. Just experiment and see what you like best
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    I haven't tried it...but I hear that Dijonaise is really good...I know it's really low in calories.
  • ennoid
    Options
    My first post. :)

I started thinning my salad dressing with vinegar, maybe you could do that with mayo and mustard??? Perhaps use 1 part mayo, two parts mustard. On my salads, I use 1 TBS French dressing and 2 TBS red wine vinegar which is about 70 calories. Sometimes I just use red wine vinegar by itsself.
  • rachieloakley
    Options
    I just wanted to say your dalmation is cute - I have one too - I also agree with hummus, etc.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    I am the same dang way! dry sammies, suck.

i first switched to best foods brand's low fat version (has a green lid) - it tastes pretty good for a low fat version. not like the other yucky nonfat/lowfat mayos out there.

but then i read a tip about using avocado instead - and i tried it. i swear to Buddha, i can't tell the difference!

avocado FTW!
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I :heart: LOVE:heart: Best Foods Mayo with the olive oil. It is only 50 calories and 5g of fat for 1Tablespoon. It is totally worth it to me :bigsmile:
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft miracle whip regular, it is lower in calories and a little sweeter but it does make the sandwich less dry and it's better than mayonaise. I compsensate for it because I use fat free salad dressing and rarely use butter or margerine.
  • tinaozzy
    Options
    I recently tried an all natural ginger dressing on my wraps. It is soo very good and it is only 70 calories.
  • lisay9
    lisay9 Posts: 18
    Options
    salad cream?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I use plain yogurt with lemon juice, dry mustard, minced onion, a little garlic and red pepper. Makes for a great substitute for Mayo.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use fat free miracle whip or hummus sometime.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'd say unless you are putting gobs of it on, a little mayo isn't going to kill you.

I love miracle whip lite, but mayo and Miracle Whip are very different. Mustard has almost no calories and adds tons of flavor.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use Hummus too! I switch off flavors.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Avocado!

My favorite food is turkey and avocado sandwiches! :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese or hummus!!!!

two thumbs up! the laughing cow cheese is off the chain.

and i also agree with AVOCADO! yummmm
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I like to mash up some avocado and spread it on instead of mayo. But then again, I am a bit of an avocado-holic. Seriously, I loooove avocado and I only have sandwiches around once a week, on average. I'm a loaded-salad-for-lunch kinda girl most days.
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do it the traditional Catalan way - get a ripe tomato, cut it in half (across the middle rather than length ways), and rub it vigorously into the bread. Traditionally you drizzle a bit of olive oil on too, but you can leave this out if you want it to be super low-calorie.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm really weird and eat tuna right out of the can, without any mayo.

Buttttttt... if you're looking for something to add to your sandwitches, try Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Greek Yougurt, or Taco Bell sauce - (which has NOTHING in it, at all.)

Also, be careful with the bread. You can make up for a lot of the calories/fat/carbs by eatting better bread. I eat multigrain breads with NO SUGAR. (most people don't realize there is a lot of sugar in bread, and most bread is the equivilent of eatting cake!)