Going out this weekend... What can I drink??

Options
2»

Replies

• loveusa
    Options
    Stick with vodka and water (really note that bad once you acquire the taste for it) and red wine :)
    You get hydrated (water), the healthiest hard alcohol (vodka) and antioxidants (red wine!)
    I only drink red wine, vodka, and corona or another gluten free beer.

Everyone thinks vodka is gluten free right off hand for some reason, but it is not; the gluten free one is gin. Gin is not fermented, whereas vodka, as well as whiskey, are fermented. The color doesn't mean anything. Likewise with the color of beer, just to mention, darker beer does not have more calories than pale colored beer; the color has to do with how much the grains were roasted.
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes clear liquids are better because they are lower in sugar~
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Stick with vodka and water (really note that bad once you acquire the taste for it) and red wine :)
    You get hydrated (water), the healthiest hard alcohol (vodka) and antioxidants (red wine!)
    I only drink red wine, vodka, and corona or another gluten free beer.

Yep, vodka and water with a splash of bar lime is called a skinny b!tch...they're 70 calories a shot...and the water helps with the hangover the next day :sick:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Any hard alchol with a diet soda isnt too bad for you. Maybe about 120 calories?

I do diet coke with vanilla rum... stoli or three olives.

Alot of people do vodka and tonic but thats not for me.

Stoli and Three Olives are both vodka, not rum.
  • youngtweezy
    Options
    Tequila averages about 65 calories.
    Gin, Rum, Whiskey and Vodka average about 64 to 70 calories.
    All of these are per ounce.

Probably drink it with a diet drink or something low calorie mixed or as a chaser.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My usual drink is vodka and cranberry but the cranberry juice has sooooo many calories, it's just not worth it. So my new thing is ask the waitress for a glass of water and a shot of vodka. Bring your own to-go packets of crystal light (I like the cranberry pomegranite) and mix the three together. It's only 90 calories for the vodka and crystal light and the shots are cheaper than a mixed drink. bonus!

hahaha Just don't get caught!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Probably drink it with a diet drink or something low calorie mixed or as a chaser.

Women should NEVER drink tequila! Studies have been done on the effects of tequila on mens brain's verses women's brains. Tequila does different things to our brain, and acts as a drug, which is why there's a song "Tequila makes her clothes come off" lol
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options

Women should NEVER drink tequila! Studies have been done on the effects of tequila on mens brain's verses women's brains. Tequila does different things to our brain, and acts as a drug, which is why there's a song "Tequila makes her clothes come off" lol

I always drink Tequilla. I actually drink Skinny B#@!% Margherittas. Tequilla soda water and three limes and sometimes in a salt rimmed glass...yummmm. Oh and i keep my clothes on. :wink: