please let me not slap someone in the face at work today!!!

Options
I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
13 g protein

black bean dip
platains
sunflower see, edmamae mix
ginger cranberries and banana dried mix
and dark chocolate tangerine bites

I tell her and show her my food and she says "where is the real food"

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    They always want the results without the work!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    You had me at black bean dip :love:

I don't get people sometimes (ok, most of the time). Why on earth does anyone care what someone else eats? Really now. All food is real food. It's not imaginary :laugh:
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    They always want the results without the work!

then they act surprised when nothing changes, you cant just think about doing it, you actually have to do it!!!!
  • jescamp9481
    Options
    You had me at black bean dip :love:

I don't get people sometimes (ok, most of the time). Why on earth does anyone care what someone else eats? Really now. All food is real food. It's not imaginary :laugh:

I love me some black bean dip :tongue:
  • twinkletwinklemeganstar
    Options
    I feel sorry for people who have forgotten what real food is. :ohwell:
    Your lunch sounds delicious! I brought watermelon, baby spinach, fresh tomatoes, and fresh cucumbers for my office this week...that's how I help them but if they choose not to eat it I sure will! :happy:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Next time just decline. Say that you've had the conversation with her before and it's apparent she is not going to take the advice. You will also not be showing her food since all she does is judge it anyway.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...

You had me up until this part.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

You had me up until this part.

Yeah, I missed that part. She judged your food, you judged hers. Sounds like an unhealthy working relationship and you both have skewed views on food.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Having a similar day. The new lady that sits next to me has asked me three times in the last month, "how did you start your diet?" "what do you eat on your diet?"

Yet, she sees me eating at my desk all day. I give her the same answer:
    string cheese
    greek yogurt
    lots of chicken
    lots of veggies
    log everything on mfp
    drink a lot of water
    get plenty of sleep

She says, "I can't do that. I like to eat (fill in the blank)." Instead of giving her advice and telling her she can work it in, I just say, "Yeah that's too bad."

LOL
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    McNuggets are real...
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    They want the same results, but eat Big Macs, Supersize Coke and large fries everyday. Oh and I love Big Macs too!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I hear you OP

I am about to go slap my coworker. He said someone brought in bagels today.

When I finally went to go grab a bagel, all I saw were those sheety looking lenders type bagels which are sold in bags and left on a shelf in the store. To me they are more like rolls with holes cut out in them and not REAL bagels.

Time to go open up a can on him.....bbiab
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    To me they are more like rolls with holes cut out in them and not REAL bagels.

The nerve!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Seems totally legit! Someone asked me why I use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream earlier today. I straight up punched him in the face!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Am I crazy?!?!

Is this a rhetorical question? :wink:

Seriously tell me about Plantains, I've seen them and was curious about preparation as everybody that I have spoken to says they need to be cooked/grilled.
    How are you enjoying them???
  • jescamp9481
    Options
    Seems totally legit! Someone asked me why I use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream earlier today. I straight up punched him in the face!

I see that sarcasm is not totally lost on some people :)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna say that if that's the worst complaint you have about a coworker, you need to count your many MANY blessings.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me!!
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yeah I always laugh at the people who say they can't eat like that, stuff their face all day with potato chips, donuts, cookies, fast food, sodas, and yet wonder why they can't lose weight.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

13 g protein? Where's the rest? Assuming you eat 2k cals per day. and at the same percentage of protein, that would only be 68.42 g/day......Im assuming you aren't eating 2k cals.