please let me not slap someone in the face at work today!!!

Options

Replies

• Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I make nearly all of my meals but on the occasion when I'm in a rush or just plain lazy I will eat the fast food “crap”. I still lose weight, there's nothing wrong with eating out, the important things to remember are moderation and knowing what you are eating. With those in mind you can still lose weight; you don’t have to eat like a rabbit to lose weight. Although I prefer the fruits and veggies I don’t shun the “crap” foods as it is still food.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You could also simply refer her to gopicnic.com and tell her that's how you're doing it.

To each their own, though. I'd be supplementing your gopicnic with 8oz of steak, personally... Cause... steak.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'd eat your food. I'd eat her food, then I'd eat my food.

Food's food.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains
    sunflower see, edmamae mix
    ginger cranberries and banana dried mix
    and dark chocolate tangerine bites

I tell her and show her my food and she says "where is the real food"

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...

13 g protein? Where's the rest? Assuming you eat 2k cals per day. and at the same percentage of protein, that would only be 68.42 g/day......Im assuming you aren't eating 2k cals.

I am not eating 2k, I am eating around 1400-1800, I try to keep my protein grams around 100 g a day, probably still could be more but hey... this is where I am at right now :)
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You could also simply refer her to gopicnic.com and tell her that's how you're doing it.

To each their own, though. I'd be supplementing your gopicnic with 8oz of steak, personally... Cause... steak.

I have told here about go picnic a bunch of times, I supplement with greek yogurt if necessary

yummy on that steak idea!!!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    1. that's not much protein
    2. that's not many calories
    3. it's mostly dried fruits and nuts.

As someone who eats healthily most of the time...I agree, where is the real food?
  • liddylee
    liddylee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when people ask what my routine is (diet & exercise) and when I tell them, they respond with all the things they "can't" do.... (e.g. I can't get up early to workout or I can't just eat lean proteins and veggies")

I try to correct them to tell them to use 'won't' instead of 'can't', as they are FULLY capable to do anything but just refuse to. Semantics, I know. But let's be clear about what we're really talking about here.

(After those conversations I find that often times, they don't come back for more advice they'll never use)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I hear you OP

I am about to go slap my coworker. He said someone brought in bagels today.

When I finally went to go grab a bagel, all I saw were those sheety looking lenders type bagels which are sold in bags and left on a shelf in the store. To me they are more like rolls with holes cut out in them and not REAL bagels.

Time to go open up a can on him.....bbiab

some one brought in bagels yesterday.

and then again today.

holy hell.

And they were good.

As someone who eats healthily most of the time...I agree, where is the real food?

it IS real food- it might not be enough food- but it isn't fake food- neither is fast food.

It's ALL real food.

Just might not be enough for you or me- but it sounds like a delicious snack- or small meal. most of my meals are only 2-400 calories.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat fast food. I'm alive and well..........
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Seems totally legit! Someone asked me why I use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream earlier today. I straight up punched him in the face!

I see that sarcasm is not totally lost on some people :)

:wink:
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    if theres one thing that pisses me off about the forums on this site, its the "HURR DURR FOOD IS FOODZ" mentality. we know its food, its just really sh*tty food with relatively little nutritional content
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I hear you OP

When I finally went to go grab a bagel, all I saw were those sheety looking lenders type bagels which are sold in bags and left on a shelf in the store. To me they are more like rolls with holes cut out in them and not REAL bagels.

and then again today.

holy hell.

And they were good.

it IS real food- it might not be enough food- but it isn't fake food- neither is fast food.

It's ALL real food.

Just might not be enough for you or me- but it sounds like a delicious snack- or small meal. most of my meals are only 2-400 calories.

Yeah, I was expecting

29kqtr7.jpg

and then was disappoint when I saw

316p6ki.jpg

Its cool that they brought in bagels and all. It was really nice of them. But if I am going to eat a bagel Im going to eat a tasty one. My favorite is an everything bagel. The are usually around 3-400 cals. Avg is ~350
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months, I have lost count of the number of inches. This chick says pretty regurlarly that I look great and she wishes she had the same dedication I have. I try to support her... then... she comes to me and asks whats for lunch,

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

This is the real food, that crap that you get from the fast food joint however...

13 g protein? Where's the rest? Assuming you eat 2k cals per day. and at the same percentage of protein, that would only be 68.42 g/day......Im assuming you aren't eating 2k cals.

I am not eating 2k, I am eating around 1400-1800, I try to keep my protein grams around 100 g a day, probably still could be more but hey... this is where I am at right now :)

You're other meals must be much more heavily protein loaded. If you ate 1400-1800 calories with all meals being a macronutrient breakdown like this you would only take in 47.89 - 61.58 g of protein.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's real food, but it sounds like a bunch of "snacks" and not a "meal." Some people need a sandwich, piece of meat or a large portion to call something lunch, so looking at what you eat she was probably thinking "how can you eat that and be satisfied?"
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I hear you OP

and then again today.

holy hell.

And they were good.

It's ALL real food.

this (in a less irritated tone)->>>>>if theres one thing that pisses me off about the forums on this site, its the "HURR DURR FOOD IS FOODZ" mentality. we know its food, its just really sh*tty food with relatively little nutritional content

Yeah. I know that the lunch was real food but it's not a very complete meal nutritionally and it is mostly snack food. Healthful snack food, but snack food nonetheless.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food, hasn't stop my progress and I haven't grown any horns because of it!!! :bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

380 cals
    13 g protein

black bean dip
    platains

Am I crazy?!?!

I'm with her.. not about the fast food part, but I don't think I could get through lunch just eating seeds and fruit.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to say anything but then just had to come back.... you can eat at those places and make healthy choices...but forget that part.

I ask my daughter who is fit, what's for lunch often... mainly to see if she is having something good I hadn't thought of so it is VERY possible this co-worker really is impressed with your progress and was wondering what you have for lunch, to see if it is something they might be able to try out... but you aren't eating what many would call normal foods... like a salad with tons of veggies and maybe a protein.

I do not think she meant to be insulting to you
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You may not actually want to do this but it may be fun to imagine. Wait until she has her lunch at her desk and then go up to her and ask her what's for lunch. Then say, "Ewww. Do you know what they put in that?" Then proceed to tell her horror stories. That'll fix her wagon.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    What is real food?