Peanut butter, nutella, and chocolate chip addiction

Options
13»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Just eat it in moderation, it's not rocket science.

Also-- its curb your appetite not curve.

THANK YOU!! I twitch every time I see that mistake.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2mqvrmyd9dICeinkWS3kgoiB7ysNPyyojHDZc16XBBVIuCnPbiw
    ETA: fix photo size
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Actually, I also have a mild intolerance to peanuts (considered a form of an allergy), and I eat peanut butter all the time. It's not a "can't breathe", anaphylactic shock type of allergy. And I'm guessing OP's isn't either, or she wouldn't just be finding out she has it as an adult. For me, it means if I eat half a jar at a time, I might get indigestion.

If I ate half a jar of peanut butter I'd have some indigestion too. I think everyone has a peanut intolerance then.

Thanks for the unwarranted snark. I just meant I only have symptoms if I eat large quantities of my "intolerant" foods. OP might be the same way.

You ate 1/2 a jar of PB. Anyone would have issues with that. And if you are intolerant, than there isn't any way you'd really be able to do that and end up with "some indigestion".

I'm pretty sure that's the point the other people were also trying to make.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction to peanut butter, chocolate chips and nutella. Does anyone have any good tips for how to curve cravings?

Don't try to cut them out. The more you try to be overly restrictive, the more you'll end up stressing yourself and leading yourself to a possible rage quit.

Just fit it into your calorie consumption (and macros, if you are watching those) in moderation. Maybe 1-4x a week, depending on the rest of your meals and exercise level.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2mqvrmyd9dICeinkWS3kgoiB7ysNPyyojHDZc16XBBVIuCnPbiw
    ETA: fix photo size

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella too much. I don't buy it anymore. I can not have just a serving size!!!
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Not so much into chocolate chips, but for the peanut butter and nutella, I usually take a smaller spoon......:laugh:

But then it just takes me twice as long... :laugh:

Refrigerating Nutella makes it the consistency of firm fudge (oh my!) and I just had a thought... Pre-portioning PB and Nutella mixed together in an amount that fits my macros and refrigerating...yum!

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I can't have nutella in the house no matter the serving size-it's crack in a jar for me. I eat peanut butter and chocolate chips probably every day-sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. It depends on how many calories I want to devote to it.

My advice is don't give it up- IF YOU CAN CONTROL YOURSELF. If you can't, then you can't have it in the house.

I have found though that when I'm still kinda craving it after I've had my portion for the day if I eat an atomic fireball (20 calories), it stops the craving. Weird I know, but it works for me.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Actually, I also have a mild intolerance to peanuts (considered a form of an allergy), and I eat peanut butter all the time. It's not a "can't breathe", anaphylactic shock type of allergy. And I'm guessing OP's isn't either, or she wouldn't just be finding out she has it as an adult. For me, it means if I eat half a jar at a time, I might get indigestion.

If I ate half a jar of peanut butter I'd have some indigestion too. I think everyone has a peanut intolerance then.

Thanks for the unwarranted snark. I just meant I only have symptoms if I eat large quantities of my "intolerant" foods. OP might be the same way.

You're welcome.