Any way to prevent breasts sagging from weight loss?

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm larger than you and much older, but they perked back up after a few months. It was discouraging for a while.

Buy a really good bra.
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    Chest exercises helped me a lot! I lost 90 pounds and went from a 38D to 34B in about 2 years. When I started to do exercises like push ups, chest flies, and chest presses, I could definitely see a difference. My breasts sat higher up on my chest and appeared perkier. It takes some work but from my experience it is definitely doable.

Good luck & feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This thread is really making me reconsider having children...

The boobs sagging is what does that? Not all the other crap that kids do to your body? Just the boobs part? Because I gotta say of the whole pile of "Nope, never, screw that." boobs sagging is a pretty small part of it.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Don't grow old either.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I think a really good bra helps. I wear a good sports bra when I go to bed too and I haven't noticed any difference in sagging. And moisturizing.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Invest in a good bra.

You could also do exercises to strengthen pectoral muscles such as chest fly's, push ups, and chest press.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    No, nothing. I personally would NEVER choose to be at a weight that compromised the firmness of my bustline! In fact, I choose my ideal weight based upon how my bust looks. Weight too low OR too high could create sagging! I suggest you should consult a plastic surgeon to see exactly what options are available to you to reverse the damage; surely, something could be done by way of surgery to help you. (You are most likely going to receive replies on this thread suggesting exercise; however, that won't work.)

Somebody assure me that this is a trollololol answer...

Certainly face-palm worthy
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

The boobs sagging is what does that? Not all the other crap that kids do to your body? Just the boobs part? Because I gotta say of the whole pile of "Nope, never, screw that." boobs sagging is a pretty small part of it.

agreed..the whole shoot pee in your face at 3am is way worse than the boobs part...trust me...esp right mid yawn.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No, nothing. I personally would NEVER choose to be at a weight that compromised the firmness of my bustline! In fact, I choose my ideal weight based upon how my bust looks. Weight too low OR too high could create sagging! I suggest you should consult a plastic surgeon to see exactly what options are available to you to reverse the damage; surely, something could be done by way of surgery to help you. (You are most likely going to receive replies on this thread suggesting exercise; however, that won't work.)

You've demonstrated, in various threads, that you have issues. I don't think you should be advising people.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hopefully since you're still very young it will firm up some.

Personally never thought much about it until about a month ago. Never paid much attention to what type of bra I got because it didn't matter. Well, now it does.

I can look 10lb lighter with the right support.

In an old bra I feel like I have mom boobs hanging half way down my belly. It's really not THAT bad,.. but that's just how I feel.

Time to invest in some new underwear!
  • lenarashminraj
    lenarashminraj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can do bench - press to strengthen those muscles/ Then, better way to prevent more sagging is to choose a comfortable sports bra like, Victoria secrets ' high impact sports bra.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I try to support my wife's breasts as much as possible. I'm like a walking and talking jog bra.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Wow, I wish I thought of my boobs before I "chose" to get fat! thank you for the insight! I can't wait to give your advice to my past self when the Doctor finaly whisks me away in the TARDIS and I can get back to tell my past-self that the biggest issue I'll have with getting fat is the sagginess of my t!ts.

You are effing awesome :flowerforyou:

OP, you have gotten great advice here (most of it). I don't really have too much to add, other than to say, the girls are gonna hang where they are gonna hang. Unfortunately time and gravity are not friends of the big uns. :sad:
  • zepolaryam
    zepolaryam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to support my wife's breasts as much as possible. I'm like a walking and talking jog bra.

Excellent response. Us women who have lost weight, or had children, or breastfed, or all the above, need no more than a Good support bra and a Good support Husband (partner). Good quality bra, good quality husband, pectoral exercises to maintain posture and that's it.

Don't worry too much about this issue. Lose the extra weight and enjoy your body. Every part of it.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Do the proper chest exercises and it will help to prevent a lot of sagging. However, there is no absolute way to prevent anything. The best advice I can give you is to make sure you are purchasing the correct bras and sports bras that support, not smash the girls. Also, do the chest exercises.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sorry Chicka :)
  • Goldilukes
    Goldilukes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This was something I never thought of before losing my weight. I had nice perky but full breasts and now well.....I can't even call them breasts but I've lost 52lbs and so I just hoist them up in a good fitted bra and do as many pec exercises as possible to at least lift whats left :) I'd still rather this than my bigger busty self with those 52lbs loaded on my small frame.