How do you reward yourself + stay focused?

Options
13»

Replies

• kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    when i was 15 i rewarded myself with manga books. I havent lost much now. Maybe a donut after few kilos.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit to lose, but I have broken it down into 10lb increments and for every 10lbs I lose I buy myself some pretty earrings. I love funky earrings. I use to have a really great collection but I have lost alot of them.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    clothes clothes and more clothes. ive dropped from a size 32 to a 20 in pants(and i give that a few weeks till it's an 18 waist is loose and hips will be next down, damn thighs and calves are gonna keep me in bigger pants) and from a 30 to a 14 shirt (4x to a regular xl) all in 7 months. i can't afford any other rewards lol. i did get myself a tattoo on the side of my neck as a reward/ bday gift because i'm absolutely loving my neckline and collar bone area and it just brings more attention to it.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    My "during rewards" is to buy new workout DVDs or games once in a while. :) I workout at home and I like it, so its really a reward for me to get a new workout, to try something new. Plus, of course, it keeps me motivated not to do always the same workout for months! ;)

My "after-final-goal rewards" will be dancing classes and a new wardrobe. :D
  • hjorden
    Options
    My rewards are scented moisturizer lotions, new yoga dvds, perfume, dying my hair, main/pedi, and itunes cards(music to work out to hey!).
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When you reach a mini goal, how do you reward yourself without sabotaging your bigger goals?

During all of my previous (unsuccessful) diets I would lose some weight, be elated, then I'd tell myself 'oh, I can eat this or skip the gym because I've earned it!' and then those 'rewards' would set me back to where I started - or worse.

How do you stay on the right track while recognizing and rewarding yourself for the hard work you put in?

The best recognition for your efforts is not letting them go to waist! It should be obvious that rewarding weight loss efforts with food or skipping the gym is to undermine those efforts!

Reward yourself with anything you like as long its not food related and it doesn't mean skipping the gym.
    Actually, if you view skipping the gym as a reward, you shouldn't go at all! Find a sport that you really love and that you wouldn't skip for the world! Don't do stuff that you don't enjoy!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    by looking in mirror :-0
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My mini goals aren't tied to an amount of weight loss. They are more around clothing. For example, I recently completed my undergraduate program and had a favorite pair of jeans that I wanted to wear the night we all went out and celebrated. They totally fit and were completely comfortable. That was such a great reward! I felt fantastic all night! I researched before we went out and selected a low calorie, low fat drink that I liked and only went over a little bit that evening. Another success! I guess what I'm trying to say is that my successes are my rewards.
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I will reward myself with. My major goal will definitely be clothes, but I won't buy clothes for mini-goals because I plan to not fit in them. I will probably buy some new work out clothes, sneakers, HRM, and whatnot. Theres a nike dri-fit jacket I LOVEE, and I think that will be my first mini goal of 5lbs, as I do need one for winter. I try to stay outside as often as possible. And you do burn more cals(or so I've been told) running outside during the winter, as your bod needs to work harder to keep itself warm.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just got an awesome massage last night - have been hitting the gym and I needed some
    body pampering!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Non-food rewards:

Make-up from Sephora
    new parfume
    impractical shoes
    manicures/pedicures
    handbags

When I was first losing, I rewarded myself every 8lbs (I had 80lbs to lose, so I rewarded myself for every 10% lost). Now I reward myself monthly for maintaining. After a year of monthly gifts, I'll switch to quarterly or annual maintenance gifts.

Charmagne
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a new winter wardrobe ... shoes, pants, tops, the works. It was basically out of necessity though. I'm nearly 70 lbs lighter than I was last winter, and I when I got all my winter clothes out of storage this year, nothing fit.

I also bought a really nice pair of jeans that were a size smaller than I can comfortably fit into right now. That's keeping me motivated to lose weight over the holidays so I can wear them soon.

In January, I am adding to my home gym equipment. I was always hesitant to do it because I had a treadmill collecting dust in my closet forever, and I didn't want to buy any more expensive equipment and never use it. But now I know that I will, so I'm finally going to bite the bullet. I'm excited about it.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself with my first 5km run on New Years Day 2011.

It'll be -30C.

Apparently I'm really bad at rewards :explode:
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love books. I like to go to Barnes & nobles - just to take a few hours for myself- maybe have a coffee- relax, read.. - and maybe buy a book or two..

I will start thinking of my " mini goals- and rewards for them .. didn't do that yet..

whatever it is- i have learned not to relate it to food - anything but food ..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!