I am soooo upset with myself right now

Options
2»

Replies

• Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This thread is EXACTLY what I need! I am in the same position as the OP! I am having the most difficult time losing any weight because of the eating out! I KNOW to really lose weight, we need to minimize our eating out; but in my life, it's just not a realistic thing. I live in Chicago, surrounded by awesome eats and drinks; and social hours take place at these amazing places. I'm not going to deprive myself of socializing because I'm wanting to lose weight. But I seem to have an issue of not making the best choices when I am out. It's super depressing since I'm not losing any weight, just maintaining...

We're the sum total of the choices we make, whether they are good, bad or indifferent.

I live in Dallas, surrounded by same, and the world's best Mexican food.

You don't have to deprive yourself.

Just remember - this is what you do, not a definition of who you are.

At the end of the day, loss boils down to one thing. Caloric math. How you get there is up to you.

Meaning? I still find a way to include beer in my plan, because I love Heinekin Light :)

You got this, just be consistent & be sure you don't rationalize
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Here's the email I just sent to my mom about last night's dinner (she was with me and she too is struggling to lose weight)..

"So I’m at lunch break and decided to look at Bertucci’s menu to see how many calories are in the pizza since I’m going to have a slice for dinner. According to their website, one slice of the large pizza has 340 calories – PER SLICE! Yeah…

Oh and the Tiramisu has only 260 calories and I didn’t eat the whole thing. I’m surprised that it has that few calories and even more surprised that it has less calories than a slice of the pizza. Just goes to show you…

Next time we go out to eat I’m going to look at the calories ahead of time to make better decisions about what I’m eating. Especially now that I have a phone with reliable internet there’s no reason I can’t check out the nutritional info ahead of time. If I plan it out in advanced I’ll make better decisions. I noticed that helped before…if Randy and I planned out going out to say Carabba’s, I would log the calories ahead of time and if it was more than what I wanted to eat I would either figure out what to eat less of or look at another food option."

On the ride home last night we were like "yeah if the pizza has about 200 calories per slice and yadda yadda...". I even said to my mom that's IF it's only around 200 a slice and she said don't make it worse than what it is...but it was worse than we thought.

I just need to go back to pre-logging before going to restaurants like I did before. People thought I was being to obsessive about calories, but it's just good common sense and it helped me from grossly overeating.

I have found that the 5 minutes of pre-planning (not pre-logging) has steered me away from so many bad choices that Ive made it a habit.

I didn't know what I didn't know :)

The way I do it? I look and come up with 3 acceptable choices. That way, I don't deprive myself when I am spending my hard earned money on a meal out.

And if I'm going to gorge on bad meal? That decision is already made and no amount of research is gonna fix it for me. And it happens. And I've accepted it :)

One example is French Fries. I love McDonalds and Wendys fries with a passion. Once I did a little research? The divorce became final 2 months ago :)

The large fries are suing for visitation rights, but the judge recently denied the motion again :)