Poop

Options

Replies

• dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell.

Culver's....

My friends and I call it "The Cluver's Slide"....
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This topic just gets me everytime, I love all the comments.
  • evafrye4
    evafrye4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Taking metabolism boosters could also help I've found out that if i have my daily pill or two of cayenne pepper and cinnamon I am more likely to have a bowel movement.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    1200 calories, im really not eating much fat at all. should i start adding nuts or avacado to my smoothies?

That's your problem right there. 1200 calories is simply not enough bulk to poop every day, and you really don't need to. I can have 3-4 trips after a couple of days at 2500 calories and none for a couple of days at 1200 calories. It's all really normal, it isn't set in stone that you should be going every day. As long as you aren't having a hard time in the toilet stop obsessing about going every day.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am on medication for my mental illness(but its far from under control, i haven't lead a normal life or been able to work in 5.5 years). but diarrhea has always been a huge problem with me. I either can't go at all, or cant stop going. I really don't wanna ask for meds to help things along because i think it would probably turn the problem the other way, and i way prefer constipation to diarrhea. thats why i'd like to try to correct the problem with my diet. ill try drinking a coffee tomorrow morning, and incorporate some fats into my smoothies as suggested :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    MFW+Day+after+White+Castles_83465a_4914997.gif

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • mkraizel
    mkraizel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some people don't go every day. 2-3x a day to 2-3x a week is normal.
  • elv1ra
    Options
    Taking metabolism boosters could also help I've found out that if i have my daily pill or two of cayenne pepper and cinnamon I am more likely to have a bowel movement.
    metabolism boosters?
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Fiber....fiber makes ya poop!

They+see+me+rollin+.+I+have+poop+on+me+because_667a47_4068005.jpg

Running does the trick too!
  • elv1ra
    Options
    Also, sugar free gummy bears.
    she asked to poop, not have explosive diarrhea

OP, i find i can never drop the kids off first thing in the morning, i usually have to wait until after work to unleash the kraken

(insert 3rd poop related humorous statement here)

QFT

seriously QFT
    6a00e552049b248833013485e7e882970c-pi
    oh hell no! ive read the amazon reviews! :noway:
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Genny Cream ale..... like clockwork
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is merely a function of quantity. The more food, the more waste and therefore the greater need for elimination. That's why the older heavy guy at work lives in the bathroom. If you are about 5,000 calories a day, I promise you that you would be spending more time on the throne!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Running does the trick too!

True. 30 minutes in to it and I am looking for a bathroom. :laugh:
  • WhizGidget
    WhizGidget Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bean and cheese burritos. Any kind, from anywhere. Even the frozen ones. Just to get things started.

Then make sure you've got enough fiber, and fruit in your diet, and enough (healthy) fat in your diet. Someone mentioned apples earlier - if that doesn't do it for you, then try oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, peaches, plums, apricots. Those tend to help get things moving along too.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am on medication for my mental illness(but its far from under control, i haven't lead a normal life or been able to work in 5.5 years). but diarrhea has always been a huge problem with me. I either can't go at all, or cant stop going. I really don't wanna ask for meds to help things along because i think it would probably turn the problem the other way, and i way prefer constipation to diarrhea. thats why i'd like to try to correct the problem with my diet. ill try drinking a coffee tomorrow morning, and incorporate some fats into my smoothies as suggested :)

Well, I would still talk with your doctor about the effects. They might be able to give you better ideas of OTC drugs you could take if you wanted that option.

Have you considered working with a registered dietitian? They might be able to review what you are eating and the amount and help you make necessary changes to help with your bowel issues.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine swore by bran muffins. He called them "Nature's Broom."
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Coffee, yogurt, and a banana every morning never fails!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Eat anything at Taco Bell. Expect results in 1-2 hours.

Or White Castle!!!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's different with IBS. I have IBS too and there's a cycle so I know what you mean about either really constipated or the other way. The key is to eat the same every day and get enough fiber in your diet to go every day at least a little. I eat about 1200 calories and I try to go once a day. Sometimes I can't and after 2 or 3 days I'm panicking. Because I know the horrid stomach ache and explosion is coming eventually. I used to quit eating when I had diarrhea. But that messes things up more. So now I eat little meals several times a day and try to keep it pretty much the same. If I can manage to go once a day it doesn't alternate so much. Also, I'm sure you've talked to your dr about IBS. I have a anti-spasm prescription that helps tremendously when I really need it.

OH! I almost forgot. You should check out the FODMAPS diet online. It really helped me figure out how to get more regular and what was making my IBS flare up. Foods higher in sugars are harder on the gut. It lists all the fruits and veggies and grains and where they fall on digestability. Very helpful.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    JEpHDGQ.gif