Please, please, please! Everyone stop "dieting"!

Options
mojo501976
mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
There is no such thing as a "quick fix", or target your hard to lose areas, or cut out carbs and you'll lose weight!!

This is all false advertising so you will buy the books! Think about it! If these indeed did work, then there would not be an obesity crisis in North America, AND most of you would not need to join MyFitnessPal!

Sure some of these may give you the satisfaction that you just lost 10 lbs because you cut out carbs! That's great! Except it is not a healthy start and, when you do put carbs back into your diet, you most likely will gain it all back and then some!

Also, the media puts these models and movie stars on their magazines, and airbrushes out their imperfections! No acne, no stretch marks, no ugly mole! It is all unrealistic!

You are all beautiful and the first step should be to recognize that! Then the second step is to say what is best for my health? Do what is best for you but do it healthy!! Stop eating the fast food or processed food! You don't know what is in them!! Losing weight takes dedication and very hard work but you all can do it!! Healthy, positive, and happy.

Peace and love to you all.
Maureen

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a "quick fix", or target your hard to lose areas, or cut out carbs and you'll lose weight!!

This is all false advertising so you will buy the books! Think about it! If these indeed did work, then there would not be an obesity crisis in North America, AND most of you would not need to join MyFitnessPal!

Sure some of these may give you the satisfaction that you just lost 10 lbs because you cut out carbs! That's great! Except it is not a healthy start and, when you do put carbs back into your diet, you most likely will gain it all back and then some!

Also, the media puts these models and movie stars on their magazines, and airbrushes out their imperfections! No acne, no stretch marks, no ugly mole! It is all unrealistic!

You are all beautiful and the first step should be to recognize that! Then the second step is to say what is best for my health? Do what is best for you but do it healthy!! Stop eating the fast food or processed food! You don't know what is in them!! Losing weight takes dedication and very hard work but you all can do it!! Healthy, positive, and happy.

Maureen

Was with you until that.

There is nothing wrong with processed or fast food in moderation. It's not going to kill you, it's not going to prevent you from losing, maintaining, or gain weight. Please stop spreading misinformation and food fear mongering attitudes. Health isn't just a physical thing, it's a mental thing too, plus no one needs the extra stress of worrying about having a burger and fries every now and again.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    tldr
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    Dont tell everyone what to do.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Maureen

Was with you until that.

There is nothing wrong with processed or fast food in moderation. It's not going to kill you, it's not going to prevent you from losing, maintaining, or gain weight. Please stop spreading misinformation and food fear mongering attitudes. Health isn't just a physical thing, it's a mental thing too, plus no one needs the extra stress of worrying about having a burger and fries every now and again.

OP, your heart is mostly in the right place, but processed foods are labeled, and it's easy to know what is in it. A burger made in a fast food restaurant really isn't all that different in terms of nutrition from a burger made at home.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I bet you say that to all the gurlz
  • LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Was with you until that.

Sorry but McDonalds in any amount is bad. Fastfood is not really even food. Go buy a double cheesburger from any chain and put it in a cabinet or shelf or drawer and forget about it. Go look at it in a month,year,decade later and you tell me..
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me, I do what I want!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Was with you until that.

Sorry but McDonalds in any amount is bad. Fastfood is not really even food. Go buy a double cheesburger from any chain and put it in a cabinet or shelf or drawer and forget about it. Go look at it in a month,year,decade later and you tell me..

You know I once helped a friend salt a deer and make jerky. 6 months later? In the same state we left it.

Crazy right?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Was with you until that.

You know I once helped a friend salt a deer and make jerky. 6 months later? In the same state we left it.

Crazy right?

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Was with you until that.

Yep. It's anti-food. It will kill you dead. Immediately. That's why the sign is billions slaughtered. Stop the senseless food violence!
  • LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Crazy right?

Yes because thats apples to apples!!! DAMN...
  • queensandria
    Options
    Was with you until that.

Yep. It's anti-food. It will kill you dead. Immediately. That's why the sign is billions slaughtered. Stop the senseless food violence!

Its why im posting from beyond the grave!! OooOooO
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Was with you until that.

Nuts. Look at those a year later. I am pretty sure that a MacD will look far worse after a week than nuts after a year. And of course it is food.

What detrimental effect on health does fast food have assuming that you also consume a good portion of nutrient dense foods?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Maureen
    So you're saying if I stop eating processed foods and fast foods any moles I have will go away?
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I think your heart is in the right place, but processed foods aren't necessarily bad. I grew up being told that they were all bad and would make me fat. You know what made me gain weight? Eating too much.

I've lost 27 pounds in the last year drinking alcohol and eating food court pad thai. I also eat a chocolate bar, doughnut, or pudding almost every night if it fits in my calories.

This is my healthy because worrying about junk food only drove me to misery and a cycle of disordered eating.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options

This. SO MUCH THIS.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Exactly! Please, please, please stop telling me what to do and what to eat!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Crazy right?

Yes because thats apples to apples!!! DAMN...

I'm pretty sure neither are apples