When did you start seeing results

Options
2»

Replies

• caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It took a good 2-3 months before I really noticed a difference. I notice a big difference six months in. Of course I took like two years off in between my first loss and this next big loss.

I'm 26. Started at 294 in 2011, came back here in January at 255. I'm 222 right now. 5'6".
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm female, 29, over 300 lbs. I went vegetarian and cut out artificial sweeteners 3 weeks ago and started exercising/tracking calories two weeks ago. I see some small changes in my face and neck, and I have lost quite a bit of water weight. I'm judging my body changes using measurements. So far I've lost an inch off my neck and almost an inch from my waist. My skin is also clearer, and my jawline is noticeably less jiggly. Changes are happening, but they're happening slowly. The biggest changes are in my energy level and overall mental health. Both are much improved.

ETA: My husband and friends noticed the physical changes before I did. I'm in this for the long haul. I'm eating 1800-2100 calories per day and exercising at least 5 days each week.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Four weeks is not long enough to see results, I say step out of the scale and stay out of it for 3 months.

I'm serious, if you do that then you will push yourself because this is your new way of living not just a temporary fix to reach a number. Once you see your body changing in front of the mirror and in how your clothes fit you will find real joy in living this way.

5'7"
    29 yoa
    started 150 lbs - now 125 lbs achieved in about 6 months

I started seeing results at about 7 weeks, it was not a gradual change for me. One day I would wake up and my pants would fall down past my hip bone, from night to day. Once I started checking the scale I would go four weeks losing 0.5 lbs then one day I would lose 3 lbs. I was pretty consistent with my diet and exercise so the flunctuation was not due to my commitment.

Stay the course, think of this as a new life style and enjoy the ride.
    Good luck
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 year old female. I was 287lb now 218lb and to me I haven't changed that much though I am told I have.