5'2" and under weight range

Options
2»

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1...I have my goal set at 110, which was my pregnancy weight with my first daughter (12 years ago.) My hubby doesn't think I need to lose that much...I'm shooting for it, but it will really depend on how I look at 120 ish b/c I don't want to be stick thin or look sick.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is around 105-110. I'm pretty small boned though. I'm currently 124 and while it's in normal range, it's way bigger than I am used to being.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is around 105-110. I'm pretty small boned though. I'm currently 124 and while it's in normal range, it's way bigger than I am used to being.

See I'm medium-framed according to the body-frame test I took on the link above. I always thought I was just small-framed because I was so short, but I was wrong. I am on the borderline. I have always been muscular and if I got down to 105, I would look anorexic and sickly and would be sick. I got down to 110 once after a bad breakup and everyone said my head looked too big for my body and I looked anorexic.

I believe body frame has a great deal in determining your ideal weight.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I try to keep it under 100lbs. I used to weigh as much as 115 but I felt tired and out of shape back then. Now if I exercise daily and eat right / drink my water I stay around 98-100.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and i used to weigh 135. that was too much for me imo. right now i am at 124 but would like to be 120 and just maintain at that.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    MY ULTIMATE GOAL

5'3 / 125

Not sure if its possible. I'll be happy with 135!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and just took the test (posted on the previous page) and it said I have a Large Frame. The other chart said I should weigh between 120-134. Thanks so much for posting these, because I had no idea what weight I "should" weigh. Since everything you seefor my height is like 100 pounds and I know that just isn't going to work on my body.

I have another question for anyone here that has lost a significant amount of weight. Do you all have "hangy" skin from your arms, belly, legs, etc.? I have lost 48 lbs, but I'm still wearing the same jeans I did before losing weight (granted they are loose on me, but they still fit) because I have so much hangy belly skin.
  • jamben
    jamben Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall and weigh 122, after losing 23 lbs, happy some days but most not. would love to drop to 118...it doesn't sound like much but the way I'm built I think I would look better (all in the middle, ughh)
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and, according to the chart, of medium frame. I've done other tests that put me anywhere from medium to large, so I must be right on the cusp between the two.

I've never been at a comfortable weight as an adult, so I can only guess at this point where that will be, but I think around 130 is reasonable. I'd like to retain some of my curves (just not the flab, rolls, and bulge please!) :laugh:
  • salmonpi
    Options
    I'm 5'1" ish and have been maintaining around 143 lbs for the past month or two. I'm torn daily between feeling way better than I did at 160lbs, and still feeling fat. The problem is I weighed 145 when I was 12 years old, AND I'm in better shape now, so I'm already the thinnest I've ever been in my adult life. Losing any more weight is just hard to imagine. For now, I'm going to switch my focus to getting in better shape. Maybe I can raise my metabolism a little and then try and drop 10 more lbs.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and just took the test (posted on the previous page) and it said I have a Large Frame. The other chart said I should weigh between 120-134. Thanks so much for posting these, because I had no idea what weight I "should" weigh. Since everything you seefor my height is like 100 pounds and I know that just isn't going to work on my body.

I have another question for anyone here that has lost a significant amount of weight. Do you all have "hangy" skin from your arms, belly, legs, etc.? I have lost 48 lbs, but I'm still wearing the same jeans I did before losing weight (granted they are loose on me, but they still fit) because I have so much hangy belly skin.

Yes, I have "hangy" skin on my arms and belly :( From my highest weight ever I have lost a total of 85 pounds. If you do a search, there are many posts on loose skin and excess belly skin/fat. Apparently you can't target exercise to the area specifically, but most say it "should" reduce after a period of time. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, 44 years old. My current weight is 140. I would like to get back to 120. I was happy at that weight and have been lower,
    but feel 120-125 would be ideal for me now. I am concerned being an apple shape, and carrying more weight in the waist. I find it hard to get to a healthy proportion, and need to lose more weight to get the ideal measurement. My waist will always be bigger
    than I'd like. It's just the way I'm built. I am going to keep working to maintain my muscle and lose the fat as much as I can. When
    my weight feels right i will work to maintain that and hope my measurements fall in the healthy zone. I would like to look healthy and hold on to the curves in the right places, but lose the belly. Not an easy task. Good luck to all!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 inches and I am currently 110
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 128 lbs. Would love to drop down to 118 and see how my body changes. I'm a medium frame and apparently between 118-132 is a good weight for me. However, I still have a bit of a belly and my arms needs toning! So I'll lose whatever weight until I have a toned flat tummy.
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a small frame, and my goal is to stay in the 100-110 range; I've made 105 my official MFP goal since that's right in the middle, so at 108 I am in range now and happy. I have been fit and healthy up to about 120, but that was when I was a muscular teen training in competitive martial arts 15+ hours a week. Now, because I'm less muscular (which doesn't bother me), I start looking a little chunky if I hit 112-115. My heaviest weight was 133 a few years ago, and at that weight I was a full four sizes bigger than I am now and very round. I am happy with my goal range of 100-110 because in that range, I am thin (but not skinny), curvy (but not chubby), and well-defined (but not muscle-y).
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and shooting for 140...but I also have a lot of base muscle (even when I was at 175, people truly thought I was about 130).
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    I m 5foot 2in weighing between 118 to 121. I m happy wif where I m now.. just wanna get tone.. been running/exercising alot n loving the life I live now
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" (or 5'2.5") and when I was lightest during my adult life, I was ranging between 125-135 lbs. So my current goal is about 135. I haven't done the frame test in a while, but I remember being either medium or large frame. I carry most of my weight around my hips and thighs (thanks to my Hispanic heritage!), and I doubt I'd ever be able to feel comfortable at 115. But, who knows? I figure when I get down to the low 140s, I can reassess my goals and see where I feel comfortable. Really, as long as I feel healthy and fit back into my size 6 pants, I'll be happy!