Fat vs muscle for dummies

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Stop saying muscle takes up less space than fat. If you have a cubic inch of fat and a cubic inch of muscle it's a cubic inch either way.

:indifferent:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yup. People are right. These forums are full of condescending people. And I'm not talking about the OP. I'm talking about majority of the people who replied. Yes, she's 22 years old. So what? I think that one hits a nerve because I'm young myself. Too long for you to read? No one forced you to. I find those tl;dr comments rude. If it was too long then close the page and move on. Why take the time to respond complaining about how long it is? Yes, she's been here for 2 days, if what someone posted above was correct. So what? I didn't know experience on MFP directly correlated to knowledge on weight loss.

Just cause all of you are already aware of what she's talking about doesn't mean everyone is. I knew as well but someone else might not. This post might be extremely helpful for someone new. So if it doesn't apply to you, don't knock her. Move on. I'd understand the harsh reactions if she was peddling myths. But old people bullying a 22 year old from behind a computer screen is just so sad.

wow...I feel like I am in a room with my son aka man child tell me how it is and how I should behave and what I should and shouldn't do...*shakes head*

Why is it that some...note some young people just don't get it????? holy moly..

ETA: FYI "old" people usually "school" or as you call it "bully" young people to ensure that this type of attitude doesn't get them fired from jobs that they need or get them punched in the face...trust me on that...thinking you "Know it all" doesn't get you far in real life and apparently on forums as well.

to the OP TL;DR but already knew the fat vs muscle thing...but really why post? to early in the morning for this stuff not enough coffee yet....

Yeah, because I'm sure the actions of everyone here (even the "old" people) reflects how they act at their jobs.

Must be a lot of cat posters at those jobs.

My job would 100% more awesome with gifs. True story.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading midway through the initial paragraph due to punctuation errors. Guessing from the responses that I didn't miss anything.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    <<<<can make a nine layer density column in a graduated cylinder and accurately predict the layer a solid object will descend to using only the powers of my brain!

tumblr_n85kculCP01t4o62mo1_250.gif

but guess I'm just and unedumicated dummy cause Op says so. :sad:

I have no idea what you just said...but it was hot!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    My students loved this when I was teaching physical science:
    b1bcc38d9304212a9fbcc052f8cf7b84878c318b.jpg

I've done some of those layers demonstrating density for my 5th graders. Thanks for the post! This is going to make it go from cool to AWESOME!!!

In the noble tradition of all teachers, steal away! :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Stopped reading midway through the initial paragraph due to punctuation errors. Guessing from the responses that I didn't miss anything.

Just youth gone wild...

tumblr_mlt8v5MB7W1soave4o1_400.gif
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You could have just posted a pic

fat-vs-muscle.jpg
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    <<<<can make a nine layer density column in a graduated cylinder and accurately predict the layer a solid object will descend to using only the powers of my brain!

I've done some of those layers demonstrating density for my 5th graders. Thanks for the post! This is going to make it go from cool to AWESOME!!!

Can I use this to post when people ask if they can log other stuff as water? :bigsmile:

ETA: It would be cool if it had other consumable liquids
  • KseRz
    Options

The problem is those two objects are just sitting there. I could take abbot and costello and put them in a meme and say Abbot weighs more than Costello, but until you saw them both on a scale you wouldnt believe me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    In for linguistic hairsplitting. Next are you going to school us undereducated dummies on how a calorie is not a calorie?
  • KseRz
    Options
    In for linguistic hairsplitting. Next are you going to school us undereducated dummies on how a calorie is not a calorie?

No, thats someone else in a different thread.

*uses calorie counting website and app.....doesnt believe in calorie counting*
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Can I use this to post when people ask if they can log other stuff as water? :bigsmile:

ETA: It would be cool if it had other consumable liquids

Meh, other than the rubbing alcohol and possibly the dish soap and lamp oil (not sure of components for those items), you're probably good.

My husband has an imbibable density column he calls the mind eraser :bigsmile: .
  • aliakynes
    Options

The problem is those two objects are just sitting there. I could take abbot and costello and put them in a meme and say Abbot weighs more than Costello, but until you saw them both on a scale you wouldnt believe me.

As you wish ....

fat-muscle_0.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

No, thats someone else in a different thread.

*uses calorie counting website and app.....doesnt believe in calorie counting*

Ok, guess I better head over to that thread if I wanna get Bingo today.
  • KseRz
    Options

As you wish ....

fat-muscle_0.jpg

THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

As you wish ....

fat-muscle_0.jpg

Psh! Those are totally fake! I want to see the muscle and fat cut directly from a body and then weighed!
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing uneducated people saying that fat doesn't weigh more than muscle. If you have 1 lb of fat and 1 lb of muscles, they weigh 1 lb. huh(Don't pretend you don't say it, I see people jumping down people's throats on MFP simply because they are too uneducated to comprehend something this simple, thus proving how uneducated they are) I know this is difficult for many of you to grasp.

From the article you just pasted:

Remember, a pound is a pound. One pound of fat is going to weigh the same as one pound of muscle

So......what? You just decided to provide an article to prove yourself wrong?

This was the EXACT thought that I had.
  • aliakynes
    Options
    Psh! Those are totally fake! I want to see the muscle and fat cut directly from a body and then weighed!

You volunteering? haha
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

You volunteering? haha

Nope, but I know where to find some cadavers. Of course, the next excuse would be that we clearly used film editing fakery, because it's amazing the things you can rationalize if you REALLY just don't want to believe something.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Fat vs muscle for dummies

4518654220_60f7ec4f4c.jpg