What Does Your Screen Name Mean?

Options

Replies

• storybookcreator
    Options
    cute thread...

I make digital scrapbooks using CM's software called Storybook Creator Plus...
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine comes from one of my favorite female characters in the David Eddings Belgariad series. Her name is CeNedra and she's tiny and fierce! And 235 are my favorite numbers.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Mine is what my old job gave me for my default work email, which is my first two initials followed by part of my last name. When they first gave it to me I was like wtf?? but it's sort of stuck in my head and easy to remember.

I was going to call myself something really manly, but all the good names seem to be taken.

http://www.oddee.com/item_96771.aspx
  • Elaine_NZ
    Options
    Mine is just my name Elaine & NZ is for New Zealand where Im from!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My name, FromAquizer is a variation of the song lyric 'From a Quasar'. A Quasar is crazy awesome galaxy formation - like this http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~regan/quasar.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~regan/quasars.html&usg=__Z2aS7Hg_MmAu2JhqmgHdT9vsCUk=&h=453&w=330&sz=23&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=wM1NXmCI8NscwM:&tbnh=140&tbnw=102&prev=/images?q=quasar&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=785&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=270&ei=ed3sTPGkMoHcvQOezox4&oei=ed3sTPGkMoHcvQOezox4&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=69&ty=33

Sorry for the long link - google images! And anyway one of my favourite songs ever my Jamiroquai 'Cosmic Girl' he sings about an out of this world girl who is 'from a quasar' :)

"so I'm scanning all my radar when she said she's from a quasar forty thousand million light years away!"
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My nickname originates back from high school. I dated a guy who called me his princess and who said I was sweet all of the time. I ended up creating most of my screen names and personal e-mail address as Sweet13_Princess, a combination of what he said and my favorite number. Obviously, things didn't work out with him.... but at least my high school friends still know how to get a hold of me.:-)

Shannon
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Sorry you are sick, but glad you posted this!

Mine is the the first two letters of my first, middle and last name and the month/ year I was born.

Hope you are out of the hospital soon!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    mine is the nickname my husband has for me + my last initial S. My name is Sara Lee (yeah I know I was named after pie) and he has always called me saraflea, or flea for short.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    nothing too special here... kristylea is my name and 80 is the year i was born :P feel better soon!
  • ZumbaMami
    Options
    Mine is ZumbaMami...Zumba cause I am an addict and teach it so much my kids know the routines and Mami cause it means Mom in Spanish....And I was just wondering if you could tell me what ur roomate is doing now? Just curious???

BTW The sound of music is my favorite movie of all time :)
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have been using alantin for ages. If you now the fantasy saga called The Wheel of Time, you should know what it means. It's a race of creatures in the books. I just liked how the word sounded so I began using it. And, I suppose, I can somewhat relate to them.

Quote from Wheel of Time Wiki:
    Ogier (pronounced: OH-gehr) are a race of non-human creatures who have an intense love of knowledge and peace. Also known as Alantin
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Mine is just to remind me that all the lies, all the beautiful lies, I keep telling myself won't do me no good. They are just lies, no matter how comforting and pretty they seem.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    mrsewert = Mrs Ewert :laugh:

I usually use TweetyCrazy cuz I'm a huge tweety fan!

Or tinastoybox! :wink:
  • mamxo22
    Options
    mine is michelle- first name , anne- middle name, and then 91- year of birth haha
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Thank you so much for obliging me! It kept me busy last night and I hopped on first thing this morning! And the roommate? Sigh. She has been up since 6:30AM. How do I know this? WELL the clock in our room is broken. I guarantee ya its the only clock in the HOSPITAL that is and its in our room! :o) Haha! So about every ten minutes she hollers "SURE WISH THEY'D FIX THAT DERN CLOCK!" Which is code for "What time is it please?" I add the please so that I keep my sanity. LOL! When I'm in the hospital, I seriously do NOT want to know what time it is...let alone every ten minutes!

entropypsycho - LOVE this!

doublexhelix - So clever!

lukybug22799 - Awww! So cute!!!

MISTTIMG - I like that! Constant reminder!

Bthack - That is adorable...I love nn's!

binary_jester - You? Crack a joke? WHAT?!

kaitimae - Don't you hate that? I used TaraMaria for everything until I went to sign in somewhere and it was taken. I was shocked and appalled! ANOTHER TARA MARIA!? NEVER!

skinnygirlfreed - Love your name AND the blog! Both very cool!

tigertchr23 - Very cute and my bday is on the 23rd...of March... :o) Good numba! :o)

HidyleDidyle - LOL! Love it! My daddy always called me Tara-zana because I was always doing crazy things in my hair...I guess I looked like a jungle woman? Haha!

katoka97 - That is amazing! So much meaning in one name!

Irishdancer - I took Irish Dancing for three years! SO amazing!! I bet you have legs of steel!

Guatamellon - AWWWW! :o) :o) :o)

Rynatat - RAWR! Haha! Awesome!

TreLynn - Beautiful :heart:

jtsmou - That's NOT manly?? Come on now...That is plenty manly...full of mystery!

sarafleas - This one made me actually lol!! I've never heard of Flea as an actual term of endearment!!

ZumbaMami - YAY for ZUMBA! :o) That is adorable that your kids know it!

There were more that I loved...The names are beautiful and none of them are too simple or plain! I mean come on, Tara Maria? HELLO...that's as simple as it gets!

Thanks for all the well wishes too!! :o) I'm practically springing back to life! :o) :heart:
  • chokklate
    Options
    I am the color of milk chocolate and of course I love to eat anything chocolate! Used the spelling "chokklate" because when I wanted to use the name chocolate girl for my email address the proper spelling had already been used!
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    fxdl is the Harley-Davidson code for a Dyna Lowrider. 2k2 means 2002. I own and ride a 2002 Harley Dyna Lowrider.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    FitJoani basically is a toot of my own horn because I used to be fat and get told by guys i was too fat to date....now Im a Fit girl that makes them look twice :)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. It's interesting to read what everyone's usernames mean & stuff.
    Mine is simply 'HerBravado,' or my bravado, rather.
    Bravado signifies the display of courage one has. :]
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! Mine is pretty simple and I use it for just about everything yet I always have to explain it.
    I = I...duh
    ish = is
    nova = nova...once again, duh

about 10 years ago I was trying to make a screen name for AIM and I tried Nova(my nickname/part of my middle name) no luck, iamnova=no luck, inova=no luck, iisnova=no luck.

So basically iishnova came out of not being able to use any other variations of my nickname, but I use ish all the time and I think the whole thing just sounds cute.

Don't ask me why but sometimes people try to pronounce it like ishynova....both i's are in front! lol