Bad weekend! Help :(

Options
I ate LOADS yesterday. I even feel sick thinking about it. I got back on track today and ate well however I had a big slice of banoffee pie after dinner and feel awful! I feel so ashamed of myself! How do I get back on track now? Should I try and exercise it off? Thank you!!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    why do you feel ashamed...I eat desert every night and never feel ashamed. Part of this journey is developing a healthy relationship with food. If you ate well and healthfully today, do you really think a piece of pie somehow magically undoes all of that nutrition?
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just log it even if it makes you go over, the banoffee pie probably tasted real good :wink: . It is only a couple of days. Refocus your self and get back on it tomorrow. Just don't turn these couple of days into a couple of weeks!

:flowerforyou:
  • sarahrachel90
    sarahrachel90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    why do you feel ashamed...I eat desert every night and never feel ashamed. Part of this journey is developing a healthy relationship with food. If you ate well and healthfully today, do you really think a piece of pie somehow magically undoes all of that nutrition?

I know. I just want to achieve my goal so badly. This wasn't like myself. I'm just going to move on and get right back on track tomorrow :)
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    Just log it even if it makes you go over, the banoffee pie probably tasted real good :wink: . It is only a couple of days. Refocus your self and get back on it tomorrow. Just don't turn these couple of days into a couple of weeks!

:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much. This really helped :) and yesss..it did taste real good :laugh:
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Your relationship with food sounds very unhealthy. As long as you hit your calorie goal, you shouldn't worry about a piece of pie.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    A couple of "bad" days aren't going to make that big a difference in the long run. There's definitely no reason to feel guilty about it. It happened. You can't go back and change it, but you can keep a positive attitude and make tomorrow a better day :)
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    I didn't hit my calorie goal lol - I went like over 400 (up to 1600s) :/ banoffee pie is very calorie dense!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit my calorie goal lol - I went like over 400 (up to 1600s) :/ banoffee pie is very calorie dense!

That's really not that bad. There are people here that consume a minimum of 1600 calories a day (and others even more than that) and are still losing like crazy. Personally, there's no way I could make it on 1200.
  • MommaSari
    MommaSari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you went over by 400 and then hit the 1600's...that means you are only eating 1200/day. EVERYTHING I have read and researched tells me that that is too little. I ate that little at first and found myself binging and eating other stuff I should be way too often...even if I didn't I didn't loose the weight. I went up to where MFP says 1.5lbs a week...and I actually lost more than that. Normally I lost 2 a week at about 1571 calories. I also had someone at my gym help me calculate the real number of calories I need for MY body. MFP's calculations are based on an "Average" and every BODY is different, we all expel different amounts depending on our muscle mass and a lot more. I really would research the amount that you should eat.

Also, don't feel bad about having a piece of pie a week! :)
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you went over by 400 and then hit the 1600's...that means you are only eating 1200/day. EVERYTHING I have read and researched tells me that that is too little. I ate that little at first and found myself binging and eating other stuff I should be way too often...even if I didn't I didn't loose the weight. I went up to where MFP says 1.5lbs a week...and I actually lost more than that. Normally I lost 2 a week at about 1571 calories. I also had someone at my gym help me calculate the real number of calories I need for MY body. MFP's calculations are based on an "Average" and every BODY is different, we all expel different amounts depending on our muscle mass and a lot more. I really would research the amount that you should eat.

Also, don't feel bad about having a piece of pie a week! :)

^ I totally agree. 1200 is low, even without exercise. I could never maintain that - I'd be a miserable wreck. You'll probably lose weight pretty quickly, but I can't imagine it would be very sustainable. And yeah, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself for eating a piece of pie. You're allowed to have a treat from time-to-time =)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    1200 Isn't too low for everybody. But honestly for the vast majority of people especially someone marginally active it's too low. I know I am a man. But I am currently shifting from 2000 calories a day to 2500 because I thought that was too low with my current activity. The result was that my weight went up by a lb a day for about 3 days and then crashed 6lb's in two. The net result being that my extra 500 whole calories have barely blunted my weight loss.

Honestly I know people say exercise for fitness not for weight loss. But looking at the kind of results I get I really do wonder why. I mean yeah it's not ESSENTIAL. But bloody hell does it help.
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    1200 isn't that bad everyone! My sister ate like 700-800 a day and maintained it for ages, but also got an eating disorder, because lets face it, that is really unhealthy. But I hardly ever binge or get cravings, it was just this weekend, and I was fine all day but I just got night time cravings I think! <3
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    b5188c1495a991758b718f2020ab717ccdb7.jpg
  • RHachicho
    Options
    1200 isn't that bad everyone! My sister ate like 700-800 a day and maintained it for ages, but also got an eating disorder, because lets face it, that is really unhealthy. But I hardly ever binge or get cravings, it was just this weekend, and I was fine all day but I just got night time cravings I think! <3

Depends entirely on your situation. We would need to know your weight how tall you are and your body fat % and how much you need to lose to answer that. But honestly if you exercise 1200 is in all probability ... too low. Not making assumptions till we see your data though.
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh 119 currently. And no, I'm not skinny or aiming to be underweight. I've never had a bad relationship with food I'm just really serious about this weight loss! x (I'm aiming to lose 9 more pounds)
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    b5188c1495a991758b718f2020ab717ccdb7.jpg

Well said. Aha.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What is banofee pie?!

Also, 119 for someone 5'4 seems low. No wonder why you have to eat 1200 to lose any weight. Your body is probably happier at 128. Are you sure it's necessary to lose 9 more pounds?

Perhaps you could just lift weights if you want to look better?
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just looked up what banoffee pie is....YUMM! I would've ate more than 1 piece probably lol. Just take it in stride, you enjoyed a treat, start again fresh tomorrow. Good luck!
  • RHachicho
    Options
    Ok the best calculator I can find puts your BMR as 1250 ish and your TDEE at about 1500. Not including exercise.

This means you are eating under your BMR at 1200. Which is probably why you are ravenous. Losing those last few lbs can be very tricky and the only real way to do it without hurting yourself is to do it slowly. Personally I would aim for about 1300 - 1400 a day if you are usually sedentary and about 1500 - 1600 a day if you exercise a lot. Eating under your BMR can be a big problem.
  • sarahrachel90
    Options
    It is necessary, trust me. Its not low, and 110 for my height is a healthy weight :) I would never want to be underweight or anything