My boyfriend thinks I'm a'freak'! Are you a 'freak'???

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I have a no hand sanitizer rule in my classroom (it's actually for the sake of the biological filter in our fish tanks). I have sinks with soap and water, everything else is complete overkill and unnecessary.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you're a freak.

I HAVE to wash bowls, glasses, and ALL things that go in me and my family's mouth, before using them. I even wash the disposable baking pans, and yes, I rinse, wipe, or wash the tops of canned sodas. Especially if I don't have a straw for it. I just imagine someone sneezing on those items, picking their nose, or not washing their hands after a bathroom visit, and then touching my things before I bought them. ICK! :sick:

Glad I don't eat out much, but we won't even GET on that. You should see how I inspect my food before I eat it. I take apart burgers, open the tops of my fountain drinks, and make sure I order clear beverages. Even though I know there are some things you can't see. :noway:

Oh dear God, help me! :sad:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend should be lucky he has a clean environment to be in. He doesnt have to even implement a 5 second rule!

I implement the five second rule in my house whether the floors are clean or not.

ETA: unless there's cat hair on it, not because I think it'll kill me, but the texture is nasty.

I agree. Dog hair on da foodz at any time interval is contamination that cant be reversed.

But if we lived with the OP we could take 10, 20, even 30 seconds. And there probably wouldnt be any hairs. Crazy for others, perfect for clutzy people like me who drop food all the time. :tongue:

I just put the dropped food on my husband's plate. Privilege of being the cook.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I only do that with the food that falls on the ground while grilling outside. Dirt is high in essential minerals!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This isn't what I was expecting. But, no I don't do this.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're freaky. Exposure builds your immune system.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Your boyfriend should be lucky he has a clean environment to be in. He doesnt have to even implement a 5 second rule!

I implement the five second rule in my house whether the floors are clean or not.

ETA: unless there's cat hair on it, not because I think it'll kill me, but the texture is nasty.

I agree. Dog hair on da foodz at any time interval is contamination that cant be reversed.

But if we lived with the OP we could take 10, 20, even 30 seconds. And there probably wouldnt be any hairs. Crazy for others, perfect for clutzy people like me who drop food all the time. :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I only do that with the food that falls on the ground while grilling outside. Dirt is high in essential minerals!

I do all the grilling as well. But that's usually some of my favorite food so I tend to be more careful.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    exposure to dirt and germs develops our immune systems,

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/31879/title/Let-Them-Eat-Dirt/
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    There are probably more "germs" in your handbag in and in your mouth than on those things. Calm down and let your immune system do what it was designed to do.

I did a bacteria culture of a keyboard spacebar once. It came out beautifully!

Yes, but have you been brave enough to do one on your phone yet? :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear. :noway:
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Thats to funny. I cook out on the grill all the time and drop food and throw it back on for a few mins and put it on the plate.

• kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've worked in a classroom for eleven years, hence am impervious to germs; however, the first couple of years I got exponentially sicker than I'd been all the years leading up to it. I'm not afraid of shopping carts, utensils at restaurants, or if something falls on the floor for a couple seconds. If you really knew what went on in restaurants, grocery stores, and the service industry in general you would never leave your house, lol
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I was told this is where all the freaky people are at :laugh:

OP--I wash new clothing and cooking/eating utensils/containers before use. Other than that, I guess I'm dirty. So very, very dirty.

ETA: Five second rule in our house is routinely extended to 10-20 second rule, too (for "dry" foods).
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed. I thought this was going to be about an entirely different kind of freak.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I've worked in a classroom for eleven years, hence am impervious to germs; however, the first couple of years I got exponentially sicker than I'd been all the years leading up to it. I'm not afraid of shopping carts, utensils at restaurants, or if something falls on the floor for a couple seconds. If you really knew what went on in restaurants, grocery stores, and the service industry in general you would never leave your house, lol

LOL, absolutely this ^^^! Pink eye twice in under two months, because 8th graders, plus the worst (and longest) bout of flu I've ever experience, and strep throat so bad the doctor gave me liquid lidocain to gargle with the warning not to eat anything after using it because I might accidentally swallow my own tongue without realizing it. That was all during my first semester of teaching....
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed. I thought this was going to be about an entirely different kind of freak.

Here you go.... :flowerforyou:

freaky-o.gif

gif_cocteau_350_259.gif

roll2.gif

Is that what you were expecting?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

freaky-o.gif

gif_cocteau_350_259.gif

roll2.gif

I'll go ahead and answer this for everyone.

No. No. Not so much.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

freaky-o.gif

gif_cocteau_350_259.gif

roll2.gif

Haha, not exactly, but I'll take it! :drinker:
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't WASH everything. I wipe everything down with one of those lysol wipes though after I buy it.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options

LOL, absolutely this ^^^! Pink eye twice in under two months, because 8th graders, plus the worst (and longest) bout of flu I've ever experience, and strep throat so bad the doctor gave me liquid lidocain to gargle with the warning not to eat anything after using it because I might accidentally swallow my own tongue without realizing it. That was all during my first semester of teaching....
    Haha, I can sadly empathize, strep twice-in two years, some horrible flu that lasted for days on end, and a horribly painful ear infection. They're some nasty, nasty little, I mean big children, whose parents send them to school, as long as they can stand, they go to school, lol
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    This is not the Freak I was looking for (sigh)