First day on MFP 7/26/14

Options
TeriShively
TeriShively Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone, today is my first day on this journey. Or maybe I should say, traveling back.

I'm currently 209 lbs @ 5'6". And at the astonishing age of 55, I've come to realize that losing weight AND keeping it off is no easy challenge. I've been up and down this road a couple times, and it's time to finally follow through.

I would like to post daily to keep myself accountable, and hopeful find others who need/want support.

Today I walked 3.8 miles in 70 minutes. Burned 468 calories according to my HRM. I over ate by 200 calories, but I'm OK with that. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll try to stay within my calories budget.

Hope you all had a successful day!

Replies

• Aguilera1995
    Options
    First day 07/27/14 275 to 185 6'2"!

Good luck!
  • TeriShively
    Options
    Thanks! I'm making a plan to post and follow. Feel free to post your daily goals and results. We can do this!
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome, weight loss is hard but it's so worth it. I started my weight loss journey at 287lb, currently 218lb. If you ever need someone to talk to I am always here :-). Best of luck on your journey.
  • TeriShively
    Options
    Thanks Claire. And congrats to you on a great job with your weight loss!
  • tracybottomley228
    tracybottomley228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri - happy to friend and offer support. Tracy
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I over ate by 200 calories, but I'm OK with that. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll try to stay within my calories budget.

Welcome! Can I just tell you what a breath of fresh air it is to read what you posted that I quoted - I see so many people beat them selves up when they go over, but your post is the way to do it. You get that it can happen, and that tomorrow is another day - I applaud you for that! It isn't worth beating your self up over - acknowledge it happened and move on - try to do better, and that is the key. That is a healthy way to do it - it isn't worth beating yourself up over or freaking out. Welcome and good luck with your journey!
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have also been successful losing weight but only to regain it. This time around i plan on making this life change a permanent part of my future. I log on daily and would be happy to provide support if you want to add me to your friend list.
  • Shannen175
    Shannen175 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Although I joined MFP a while back , I never really used it. I decided with " encouragement " from my doctor to get my butt in gear . I started this new journey on Friday.More than anything I need to develop a healthy life style which will result in me losing the weight that I have gained . I was looking around the site and seen this post. I have never been part of an online community but this would be a great way to encourage and be accountable . Love your positive attitude.
  • TeriShively
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great words of encouragement! I was a bit concerned that I was going to be doing this alone. But I see that there are nice people who want to interact and work toward a common goal.

Yesterday went better than I could have expected and I'm thrilled to be doing this.

Even if I was a little sore from my walk yesterday, I have already taken my morning adventure through the neighborhood.
    3.8 miles
    72 minutes
    460 Cals burned
  • Yielding2no1
    Yielding2no1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job on your walk.! I've been trying to get back into walking 3-4 miles a day so feel free to add me. ????
  • sourkuss
    sourkuss Posts: 7
    Options
    Good luck and I am in the same boat so lets encourage each other!! And btw...can anyone tell me how to get one of those "pounds lost" trackers???
  • sourkuss
    sourkuss Posts: 7
    Options
    agreed....if we sometimes go over...not beating ourselves up is key....and pressing that restart button to keep momentum!
  • Mianjo1961
    Options
    Hello I could use some support It have so hard for me
  • Mianjo1961
    Options
    How do add you I need support
  • patwojo
    patwojo Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Teri and welcome aboard! I am in your age group and started with MFP about 4 months ago. I have been on the weight loss roller coaster many, many times over the years but it seems my roller coaster went up more than down! This time is going to be different. We have our extra challenges with metabolism, etc. but we can do this. I am on here every day, several times a day and actively support my weight loss friends. Drop me a friend request, if you wish, and I will be happy to offer support and share this journey.
  • TeriShively
    Options
    Good luck and I am in the same boat so lets encourage each other!! And btw...can anyone tell me how to get one of those "pounds lost" trackers???
  • TeriShively
    Options
    How do you get one? As soon as I start losing I want EVERYONE to see my progress!
  • NoNowItsTime
    Options
    First day back! Could use some encouragement!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options

At the very top of the page it should say "Hi ..... (Username)" click on that and in the section that says my progress there is an option to add a tracker- click on "show on my posts" and it should pop up. Good luck with your journey- you have a very positive attitude.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    How do add you I need support
    Click on the link under the person you want to be friends with. That should give you an option to "send friend request ". The friend has to approve you then you can see each other's messages on your home page.