shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    First day 07/27/14 275 to 185 6'2"!

Good luck!

welcome
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    its not a journey..... A journey has an end. Its a lifestyle, that's the only way it will work.

welcome and good luck to you!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, today is my first day on this journey. Or maybe I should say, traveling back.

I'm currently 209 lbs @ 5'6". And at the astonishing age of 55, I've come to realize that losing weight AND keeping it off is no easy challenge. I've been up and down this road a couple times, and it's time to finally follow through.

I would like to post daily to keep myself accountable, and hopeful find others who need/want support.

Welcome! I know exactly how you feel, at age 20. I've had roller-coaster moments in terms of loss and motivation. My doctor reccommended this, knowing that the accountability to log often and support of socializing with like-minded people would help a lot.

One FR coming up! :flowerforyou:
  • TeriShively
    TeriShively Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I refer to it as a journey because I see my whole life as a journey. Everything that I've seen/done makes me who I am today. So yes, you could say it's a lifestyle, but it is still a part of my journey to become who I will be. And that my friend, is my lifestyle.
  • TeriShively
    TeriShively Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Got it! ***Doing the happy dance***
  • sherryt41
    sherryt41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :happy: I've been doing MFP for 40 days, and have lost 25lbs. It is the best thing I could of done for myself. I recently had a breast reduction and lift so at 56 yrs old, I need to trim down and exercise my stomach muscles. As soon as I am released to work out, I'll be there. I expect to be at my goal by Halloween. I walk around all day with my sippy cup with my water. Water is the only liquid, except for 1 cup of coffee in the morning I drink. I love my new look, and weightloss. You will get there too!!!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome or welcome back to you all that just joined. I started my new healthy life at the beginning of February this year at 265lbs and today I'm at 185lbs, goal is 150-160lbs. Weighing my food is crucial rather than eyeing my portions and daily exercise is good also. For me it was walking 5K and gasping for air by the end now I'm running 5K with no problems and feel good at the end. Most important thing is if you end up having a bad day and splurge on your calories, brush it off and start fresh the next day and don't look back. Good luck all, and add me if you like I post my diary daily and weigh weekly.
  • bionic_woman
    bionic_woman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the positivity and supportive attitude of this thread and what I've seen on MFP so far! I joined back in 2011 after I had my son, lost the weight and that was it. Gained more weight last year, lost it and this year I was heavier than ever! Back since 5th July, eating more healthily for holistic reasons and not just to fit into jeans and I'm finding that I'm enjoying exercises and trying new activities :)

All the best TeriShively and everyone else!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Got it! ***Doing the happy dance***
    Well done - glad to be of help:)
  • sourkuss
    sourkuss Posts: 7
    Options
    agreed...its a journey...well said!
  • sourkuss
    sourkuss Posts: 7
    Options
    Same to you!!
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends! I think the main thing I need is people to help keep me accountable. I'm 159 with hopefully about 20 left to lose.
  • Tal_Kyrte
    Tal_Kyrte Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for almost two weeks now. I lost two pounds last week, and tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself again.

What you said about overeating is an amazing philosophy to have. I've always been an emotional eater. When I attempted dieting in the past, I would break down after some external circumstance and stuff my face with ice cream. Then I would feel terrible and guilty, and so convinced that I was a failure that I would give up my diet entirely. I've learned the hard way not to hate myself for making mistakes. Tomorrow is a new day, and the damage isn't nearly as horrible as you think.

A really great saying that's helped me is, "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." I believe it's a Chinese proverb. Don't hate yourself if you mess up. Everyone does. Just don't stop.

I find that it's harder for me to overeat if I log my food BEFORE I eat it. Sometimes there are more calories in food than we would think. Especially if I want to splurge with a little ice cream, logging it before hand makes me accountable to only eat 1/4 cup or however much I entered. And then the calorie numbers don't scare me. For example, last night I ate 1/2 a cup of Ben 'n Jerry's ice cream, and it was 280 calories. If I hadn't logged it beforehand, I would have probably eaten double that. By adding it before I eat it, I can always lower the portion size if I don't like amount of calories I see. If I wait until I've already eaten it, then the damage is already done.

You can do it! Congratulations on getting started!
  • Coopsmom2011
    Options
    Wow congrats.. I'm back again too as I realize it's time to focus on me, now is my time Congrats on all the exercise!!
  • honee_bear
    honee_bear Posts: 28
    Options
    Teri and anyone else, feel free to add me. I try to keep track of all my friends, especially when you haven't logged in for the day...or a couple of days.