may 15 MFP runner's club

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    btw...

Bad hair day....allergies....oh and joy(!) TOM's here. :huh:

I feel pretty.....oh so pretty.....I fell pret (what the {{bleep}} you staring at pal????} pretty and witty and gay...and I pity any (AH-CHOO) girl who isn't me today........:blushing:

:grumble:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'll join the club, I just started jogging last week and I love it, I usually jog for 15 and walk for 15 i'm gonna work my way up to 30 minutes of jogging and 15 of walking
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    btw...

I feel pretty.....oh so pretty.....I fell pret (what the {{bleep}} you staring at pal????} pretty and witty and gay...and I pity any (AH-CHOO) girl who isn't me today........:blushing:

You can never leave this club!! You are always making me laugh!!
    Better hair tomorrow, Tom will be over soon and allergies, well, only 3 months to go?? sorry!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I'll join the club, I just started jogging last week and I love it, I usually jog for 15 and walk for 15 i'm gonna work my way up to 30 minutes of jogging and 15 of walking

Take it slow and don't hurt yourself, and you'll building up miles in no time!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Better hair tomorrow, Tom will be over soon and allergies, well, only 3 months to go?? sorry!

No worries, I like to pi$$ & moan too much. I ain't going anywhere. :laugh:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    btw...

You crack me up! :laugh:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have a problem with is logging it into my exercise journal, how am I supposed to figure out how fast I am walking and jogging??
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Today was my second workout (first week) of "Couch to 5K" training... does this count for the running club? I've actually gotten out of bed 2 mornings this week to jog/walk. It usually takes my husband with a crow bar to get me up and going!

The 5K I am training for is in September, so luckily I have lots of time to get ready for it....
  • Shannon023
    Options
    The only thing I have a problem with is logging it into my exercise journal, how am I supposed to figure out how fast I am walking and jogging??

Do you have a watch with a timer? I've got routes pretty well marked off around the neighborhood & can gage that way.

If not, just go to a high school track & time yourself doing a mile. Should give you a good idea of your pace. :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Today was my second workout (first week) of "Couch to 5K" training... does this count for the running club? I've actually gotten out of bed 2 mornings this week to jog/walk. It usually takes my husband with a crow bar to get me up and going!

The 5K I am training for is in September, so luckily I have lots of time to get ready for it....

You're in! :drinker:

You can make a 5k by September easy! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    btw...

Shannon you are sooooooo funny!! Marry me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Couch to 5K is a great start!! I love that program! I have my sister and best friend doing it right now!

and yes, that definitely qualifies you for the club. Be careful with the "lots of time" conversation though, time slips away quickly during the summer months! I did that last year and I paid for it - my time stunk.

welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    btw...

rotflmbo...oh that was funny!!!! hey Shannon its not Friday Night....are you ahhh :drinker: LOL...you're the best!!!!
    hugs!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    btw...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You r too funny. Makes my day brighter every day. :flowerforyou: Thanks.:laugh: :laugh:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

Couch to 5K is a great start!! I love that program! I have my sister and best friend doing it right now!

and yes, that definitely qualifies you for the club. Be careful with the "lots of time" conversation though, time slips away quickly during the summer months! I did that last year and I paid for it - my time stunk.

My friend and I are both doing the program so we can run together for the 5K. My goal is to be "running" the entire 3 miles by the end of the 9 week plan (10 weeks if I need to repeat a week so I don't kill myself) and then spending the rest of the time building my distance and time. I may turn into a runner yet. Never thought it would happen to me! :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Shannon you are sooooooo funny!! Marry me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]

With TOM being in town, I betcha hubby would even walk me down the isle. :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

My friend and I are both doing the program so we can run together for the 5K. My goal is to be "running" the entire 3 miles by the end of the 9 week plan (10 weeks if I need to repeat a week so I don't kill myself) and then spending the rest of the time building my distance and time. I may turn into a runner yet. Never thought it would happen to me! :laugh:

Remember you body can handle more than your brain!! don't let it psych you out!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Is it too late to join??

I love running, but I've gotten shin splints twice in the last 4 months :noway:

So I'm not running yet, just walking but still!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Is it too late to join??

I love running, but I've gotten shin splints twice in the last 4 months :noway:

So I'm not running yet, just walking but still!!!!!

Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

You might want to invest in a good pair of running shoes. :smile:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Okay Running Friends I am off to the gym! See you later with progress post!!

Happy Running! :drinker: :flowerforyou: