Weight loss help emergency!!

Options
So I have a wedding I am going to exactly 2 months from now...I currently weigh 175 and I am trying to be 150 or lower by the time of the wedding...any tips or diets or exercises you all have would be greatly appreciated!!!

also...I have heard of this program called insanity...its a 60 day program and I have 61 days until the wedding. has anyon done it and if so how much weight did you lose from it?

Replies

• StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Should have started sooner. 2 months is 8 weeks, at the safe 2 pounds a week that's only 16 pounds. :drinker: Good luck!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My tip would be try doing the Jillian Michael 30 Day Shred and drinking 3 ltrs of water a day.

Throw out the scales because trying to drop 25lbs in two months will make you miserable.

Wear an outfit to the wedding that you like and are comfortable in and have a great time.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    2 months is not really enough time to lose 25lbs imo, at least not of fat.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    that's 25 pounds in 8 weeks, or 3lbs a week. generally anything more than 2lbs a week weight loss is considered too much. however, i know that when i make a big change in my diet, i often lose a few pounds of water weight to start. be sure to drink plenty of water, get your calories from real food (vegetables, fruit, lean meats) and not processed stuff, and exercise. set your mfp profile to lose 2lbs/week; i'd think you should be able to lose 20lbs by the wedding - but remember, how you FEEL is more important than the number on the scale :)
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Actually, 2 months is at least 60 days. You might be able to get close to your goal weight if you work hard. Just be healthy about it, and expect that you won't meet your goal, you're just trying to get as close as possible. 160lbs is entirely doable I'd say.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    check out our weight management system at

you'll get amazing results along with you workout plan

Please ignore the spammer, who has been reported.

As others have said, 25lb in 2 months is a bit of a stretch, especially as you don't have a lot to lose, but if you do something like Insanity or the 30 Day Shred along with a deficit (nothing crazy) you will see some results. And in the end, there's always Spanx! Noone will know your weight but you.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Should have started sooner. 2 months is 8 weeks, at the safe 2 pounds a week that's only 16 pounds. :drinker: Good luck!

This. Don't rush things, you'll only set yourself up for failure if your goals are unattainable aggressive.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    So I have a wedding I am going to exactly 2 months from now...I currently weigh 175 and I am trying to be 150 or lower by the time of the wedding...any tips or diets or exercises you all have would be greatly appreciated!!!

also...I have heard of this program called insanity...its a 60 day program and I have 61 days until the wedding. has anyon done it and if so how much weight did you lose from it?

Sorry but you should've started a long time ago. I don't get why people wait until the last minute to try to lose weight.

Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit which can be achieved through diet alone. You do not NEED to exercise. So you should be focusing on your diet. You are 175 lbs so I would suggest eating 1300-1400 calories. But you can determine your TDEE/BMR at www.iifym.com using the calculators.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to be 150 at this particular event? Is there going to be a weigh-in? Of course not. Nobody but you will know your exact weight. Eat well, exercise wisely, and go to the wedding in a fantastic outfit that flatters your body at whatever weight you happen to be when the date comes.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    It's all about calories, no matter how much exercise you do, if you eat too many calories you won't lose. Use a weight loss calculator to find out how many calories you can eat and lose the amount you want.
  • LexisFitMom87
    Options

Insanity is great! I personally have not completed it but I know a lot of people that have and they have had amazing results. It's definitely something to look into. One of my friends lost 9 pounds in the first month.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but it's not spam! it's real with real results! just here trying to help!

Advertising on the forums is against the Terms of Service and will be deleted.

It's also not appreciated and not well received, people aren't on MFP to be fish in a barrel to someone who has decided they want to make a quick buck.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to be 150 at this particular event? Is there going to be a weigh-in?

a weigh-in ha ha
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but it's not spam! it's real with real results! just here trying to help!

You cannot try promote/advertise on MFP. It is against the rules.

Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit. Not things like Herbalife, NutriSystem, or whatever BS item you try to sell.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's common, weddings, family gatherings which is what get some to worry about their weight. But it's often to late to do anything about it. To lose that much weight in that little time is going to be tough.

Good luck!
  • xKristyMariex
    Options
    I completed insanity last year! It made me leaner and smaller then I've been in awhile! I dropped 12 lbs in 2 months, but I didn't follow a strict diet. I ate mostly whatever I wanted. If you stick with a diet plan I feel that it's possible! good luck!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Insanity is great! I sell the program as well as other Beachbody programs and I personally have not completed it but a lot of my customers and fellow coaches have and they have had amazing results. It's definitely something to look into. One of my friends lost 9 pounds in the first month. I'd be happy to send you some before and afters.

This too is considered SPAM
    14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    hey, fatcity.....i get it! got work out or something!
    The fact that your profile photo is advertisement itself comes into play as well.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    25 lbs in 2 month is not realistic, and really, it's unnecessary.
    15 lbs would be more doable...I'd suggest shooting for that, but find an outfit that will fit you at whatever weight you are. Trust me, no one will care as much as you.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    My goodness! All I was trying to do was help and I'm being attacked! "It's against the rules", "Ignore the spammer", "Advertising will be deleted".
    Good luck to you all.

Um, because it IS against the rules. What don't you understand??
  • fatcity66
    Options

Insanity is great! I sell the program as well as other Beachbody programs and I personally have not completed it but a lot of my customers and fellow coaches have and they have had amazing results. It's definitely something to look into. One of my friends lost 9 pounds in the first month. I'd be happy to send you some before and afters.

This too is considered SPAM
    14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Thank you. Apparently some people have selective reading skills...
This discussion has been closed.