AN ONLINE THANKSGIVING CARD TO MIKE AND AL PLEASE TAKE A MOM

Options
13»

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    To Mike and Al

Thank you so much for this incredible Site, many people's lives have changed in more ways than one for the better because of it.

You've done a great thing in creating this place.

All the best xxxxxxx
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nothings free. But this site is. And it's a quality site. The first thing that worked for me, in a good long while, too! Good Karma follows good. Happy holidays and thanks so much!
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Thanks so much! :-)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    To Mike and Al ~
    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! I would like to offer a hearty thanks for MyFitnessPal. This site is a fantastic tool for keeping track of input, output and our fellow zany fitness pals! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Mike and Al,
    You see everyday on this particular discussion board how you have impacted our lives. And although it takes alot of work to maintain the site, you don't make us pay any dues. Thank you for changing my life. Almost 3 months ago, I was so unhappy with the way I looked and felt. I was eating burgers everyday, and very sedentary. I hadn't run in almost 5 years when I got here. I can now run 4 miles, and feel 150% better about myself. Thanks will never be enough, but that is about all I can do to show my gratitude, so thank you!

:heart: BeckyJ
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Thank you a million times over!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Guys, you're stars. You've built something that has helped a lot of people and brought a lot of people together.
    Keep it up!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, such a HUGE thank you from me!!! Because of this site I am at a weight I haven't seen in years, and I know I will reach my goal weight! For once, I KNOW I can do this! And it is without a doubt, 100% because of this site!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can only reiterate what everyone else has said: thank you both so much for MFP!!!!! It has been just the tools and support I needed to get back to being healthy and I know I couldn't have done it without this site!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Thanking you for help me with my journey! Not sure I would have been able to be where I am today if I didn't find your wonderful site on Dec 28, 2010 the day the switch went on and I told myself that this was it, it was time to make the change! Thank you and god bless!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    What an amazing legacy you're creating here; changing so many people's lives for the better. THAT'S paying it forward.

In the previous few months before coming here I had lost something like 45-50 lbs, but then my progress stalled and I was no longer losing anything but my motivation and desire to continue. I was just going through the motions half-heartedly, my knees hurt, my soul hurt because I could sense I how close I was to giving up. I felt so all alone. I didn't have anyone in my life supporting me or that could relate to what I was going through...nobody I could talk to that cared. Whenever I would try to talk to my wife about it, she'd just roll her eyes at me and then begin to lecture me on everything I was doing wrong. NOT what I needed or was looking for! Then when I got my new android phone, I went on to the app store to look for an app similar to one I used to have on my iPod Touch. I feel like I won the lottery in that I was fortunate enough to find and install this app first! The app was already miles* better than the old one just in how comprehensive the user-supported database is....but then I was blown away to find the community of people behind it. I have this great core group of people around me that are supportive, caring and understanding and that can relate to my situation,and I to theirs. We are able to learn from each other, cheer each other's successes as well as hold each other up when someone falls and needs help getting back on their feet.

I no longer feel alone. I have my wonderful MFP friends with me all the time. I have a new bounce in my step and have started losing weight again. :) Instead of giving up because my knees hurt and I couldn't run 30 minutes or 3 miles without walking, now just one month later, my knees have improved and I can run a full hour (5.2 miles) without any walk breaks! I haven't run a 5K in years, but I'm considering signing up for a.10K next year.

A very sincere and heartfelt thank you for the app and a home where we can support each other.

-- Dave
  • jimturner
    jimturner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks mike ,you are obviously a very intelligent person to have created such a good program and very generous for sharing and helping so many of us whom use your website. a special thanks for helping me personally. jim:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!