Over 50s?

Options

Replies

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    55 here, been slowly losing. Always looking for new friends, add me, that goes for anyone else of us cool kids.:flowerforyou:
  • BetterB186
    BetterB186 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I will be sixty next month and this is my third time at MFP. Every time I start I do really good until I have to have a surgery! In the last four years I've had five surgery which interferes with my weight loss and doing my exercises. I just had knee replacement surgery and am in physical therapy three days a week.. I need to lose 30 pounds to. I hope I can at least lose something with dieting and maybe the physical therapy can count as a little exercise. Good luck to us both1
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    55 here :) This is my 2nd attempt at MFP, I started awhile back and didn't keep it up. Didn't have the motivation that I have today to lose the weight. I guess everyone has there own starting point and mine came back in July. I've been online everyday for the past 38 days and looking to provide others with words of encouragement and looking for same in return. I'll send you a friend request.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and trying to lose the last 5 llbs., but if not, do a body recomp. 5'1.5" and 120 lbs.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello, Garrett here. I'm 49 but if you like feel free to friend up. I like having friends in my age range (similar experiences, etc.). Good luck!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Dianna, I'm Anne I too had surgery in October for wt loss, had the sleeve....I have lost 80+ lbs and have a lot more to go as well.....would love to add you as a friend, chit chat, share stories and encouragement. I am 55 - 56 next month.....:smile::flowerforyou:
  • afk1
    Options
    Hi Susan, I'm Anne, 55 soon to be 56 next month....lave lost 80 + but still have a ways to go....please feel free to add me, can always use encouragement and friends........as well as share........:smile::flowerforyou:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    50 and fabulous here , feel free to add me if you like . I do not have any weight to lose but always happy to share what I do!:smile:
  • afk1
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend......:flowerforyou: :smile: always willing to encourage, share and welcome advice, suggestions from others .....
  • afk1
    Options
    count me in :smile: :flowerforyou: always looking for support, and friends to share
  • TracyAwl
    Options
    Hi Susan
    I'm 50 and from South Africa living in Malaysia. Also aim to loose about 14kg(just over 30pounds) . I've tried many diets in my life , been overweight since I was a teenager . Just started LCHF since watching Cereal Killers movie and cannot believe how yummy it is . I just came back to MFP since first logging in 3 years ago. But since I turned 50 this year decided it's now or never to lose the weight and be healthy too. Please add me .
  • LindaMc6262
    LindaMc6262 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just joined. 52, need to lose another 13 lbs. I'm doing Weight Watchers at the same time, and have lost 14 lbs, but wanted to track calories too. Success to all!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    For all the ladies over 50, or almost 50, there is a terrific forum called women 50+. Sorry guys, you'll have to make your own. We are very, very active, chatty, supportive, nonjudgemental. We would love to have you all!!!!

I hope this gets you there http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1401019-women-ages-50-for-august-2014

Yeah!!! It worked.

This is an awesome group. Hope you join us. I was wondering if anyone would mention it. Trust me, check the group out, you won't be sorry.

exermom
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody...I just turned 50...ummm 12 years ago...lol....wanna keep in shape and be around for another 30 years or so:happy:
  • stewartstory
    stewartstory Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan,

I'm 58 and want to lose 40-50 pounds. I joined in June but life got in the way and I'm just now getting back in the groove. I've lost 9 pounds but know I could easily gain it back, so knowing I'm not alone really helps. Nice to meet you.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    For all the ladies over 50, or almost 50, there is a terrific forum called women 50+. Sorry guys, you'll have to make your own. We are very, very active, chatty, supportive, nonjudgemental. We would love to have you all!!!!

I hope this gets you there http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1401019-women-ages-50-for-august-2014

Yeah!!! It worked.

This was posted earlier, but I'm reposting so that hopefully more people will see it. This is a truly awesome bunch of women, come on over to meet more women in the same boat

exermom
  • kathy6655
    kathy6655 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan, I'm Kathy be great to have friends to motivate each other so please anyone feel free to send me a friends request. I'm 57 have been doing this seriously for around 6 weeks so have someway to go still but am finding the site great and the people really friendly.
  • Hi Everyone,
    I'm 55 and just starting over AGAIN. I have done every fad diet imaginable and I'd really like to be able to just eat sensibly--healthy foods in moderation. I'm trying very hard to get my head back in the right place; if that happens, the food follows. This day 2 of healthy eating so far--best I've done in awhile! I'd appreciate any support.
    Mary Ellen
  • tltate
    tltate Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan,

My name is Tony. I am 51 and have been working since May 27, of this year. I have about 85 pounds to go. I'm with you.

Tony T
  • ayelene4
    ayelene4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan. I'm 52 and getting back on track. I lost 40 pounds a few years ago then fell back into old habits. I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I find it's easy during the day at work - I eat right and, when it's not too hot, walk around our property with a coworker. When I get home, though.... It's another story! I really need to come up with a plan to keep me on track in the evenings!