Replies

• Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Every single day! No exceptions.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while like today I just feel like gorging down everything in site and not stopping. I feel like not caring about my weight anymore, not caring if I gain, and just eat whatever the hell I'd like and how much I'd like.

Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

No!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Work your favorites into your diet.

I'm having a peanutbutter and banana sandwhich for dinner... :tongue:

Channeling Elvis? :laugh:

Lol! Nah, I like my bacon with eggs and ketchup :wink:

HA Soul mate!
    I love ketchup with my eggs!
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm having a peanutbutter and banana sandwhich for dinner... :tongue:

Channeling Elvis? :laugh:

Lol! Nah, I like my bacon with eggs and ketchup :wink:

HA Soul mate!
    I love ketchup with my eggs!

I throw that stuff on EVERYTHING savoury. I think I'm seriously addicted to it.
  • arshness
    arshness Posts: 60
    Options
    In The Hunger Games, they refer to "hollow days". Days when you just can't eat enough, and no matter what you eat, you always feel like you're still hungry, hollow inside, craving more.

Yeah I generally call those "Saturday".
  • Leana93412
    Options
    I didn't count anything today and now just for the sake of it I entered everything I ate...and I ate almost exactly at maintenance...under by about 150.

AND I BINGED ON ICE CREAM?!

That's actually cool...Hahaha
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Of course! It's easier for me to stay motivated in the middle of swimsuit season. I set small exercise and nutritional goals to meet to keep me going.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I do allow myself treats. But just feel sometimes like kicking the whole mindful of what I eat thing. Like completely. :ohwell:

I don't count anymore but I'm mindful. And that tires me out. Counting also tires me out. Meh. I feel like I just want to stop being mindful altogether.

This really speaks to me today, which is why I'm surfing the motivation section! Very meh today. I have 13 more lbs I want to lose and some days I think why bother, this is good enough.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    I do allow myself treats. But just feel sometimes like kicking the whole mindful of what I eat thing. Like completely. :ohwell:

I don't count anymore but I'm mindful. And that tires me out. Counting also tires me out. Meh. I feel like I just want to stop being mindful altogether.

This really speaks to me today, which is why I'm surfing the motivation section! Very meh today. I have 13 more lbs I want to lose and some days I think why bother, this is good enough.

Sometimes we need a break. But I think we should start seeing healthy weight maintenance, or loss in your case (and good job so far btw!) as just another part of taking care of our bodies. Just like washing our hair, cleaning our nails, moisturizing our skin ect. Just seems a bit challenging some days. :flowerforyou:
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I feel like this every second of every day lol. I LOVE food. And what sucks is that I never get full and I never get sick off "bad" food. So there is nothing to stop me from eating 50,000 calories (not joking) besides that I eventually would gain weight again. I HAVE to be very strict all the time. If I even think or see ice cream or something, it's a HUGE struggle for me to not have it. And once it touches my lips, I'm gone. I allow myself a "binge" once a month. But I make it about 2-3 weeks before I want another one really bad and then have to tough out the next week or two before the next one comes. It's a huge pain to log everything and be always conscious about what I"m eating. It's so much work. I know I need to do it but god damn is it stressful.

So to answer your question, yes, I feel "screwing it" every day. I've been at this for like 6 years and I've felt like it every day. All I can do is keep trying. I want the health benefits and the nice body benefits of eating well and exercising. What's funny is that it was easier when I was fat to keep at it because I had a goal. Now, since I met that goal years ago, it's harder as it's just basically treading water for the rest of my life to maintain.